Is anyone else struggling with the minigames?

17 minutes ago, JayVRVX said:

Queen’s Blood and Fort Condor has been cake but I’m dreading the piano. I got a rank on the first song and it was a pain. Whoever thought thumb sticks would be good for rhythm needs their nails pulled off lol. The frog mini game was slightly annoying but very doable with some practice and strategy. Only on chapter 6 rn. I already feel that this game has too many mini games.

Normal challenges of QB and advancing rankings was easy,wait for Gold Saucer challenges when they mix all knowledge you know and mix it

like you need to win while your tower is on opposite side while your name is on the left side,or start in middle surrounded by red towers ... don't get me started on survival and those restrictions...

On 3/8/2024 at 6:40 PM, Baker said:

Do you need to beat Gears and Gambits on Hard difficulty?

you need all mini games to be highest rank Except for Queen blood saucer challenges,you only needd bronze to advance and get johnny treasure 

1 hour ago, mati11120 said:

you need all mini games to be highest rank Except for Queen blood saucer challenges,you only needd bronze to advance and get johnny treasure 

I know now. There were and still are a lot of things wrong with the guide for Johnny’s Treasures on this site. 

2 hours ago, Rodrister said:

wait, i dont need highest score in survival qb?

I spent 1 hour yesterday trying to score 50.

yesterday I got 91 score on Nightmarish and got final Johnny Treasure for completing all survival matches so yes

you need only to win and get at least points for bronze medal!

I assume this hasn't been posted yet since I see people still having trouble with Glide de Chocobo: there's a trick that makes the third course super easy. It's possible to loop back around and hit the last updraft a second time after clearing out some of the zig-zagging targets before the end. Doing that lets you lose less altitude by taking a more direct path, making it much easier to hit the last two targets. This video explains it clearly:

• Like 2

I am having a hard time with the sit ups. I've been trying for several days but I always fail at the Green press hold once I reach around the 35  😔

I am also colourblind and I tend to confuse the colours when I am focusing on the speed.

The fact that this is tied to the 7 Star Hotel trophy is my platinum killer 

I would change the triggers to the face buttons but the Green press and hold won't work 

Very disappointed this is a requirement for the platinum

• Like 3

I'm in the end of chapter 12 and this is my opnion:

The amount of mini-games don't bother me but some of them are just unnecessary like picking gongaga mushroom.

Others have a unfair difficult spike like chocobo training track 3, 3d brawler and facing Shadow Queen.

The piano is bad too, most of time i just touched the analog and bam 3 misses...or more.

But what i hated most is having to do everything at hard difficult, this is a chore.

Fort condor in this game is crap, in the intermission was way better because you can make a winning team but in this game is just crap.

Gears and gambits also crap

Cactuars with Yuffie is fun but with the good-for-nothing Aerith is awful.

So far i manage do to a lot but honest, i had zero fun doing most, fort condor (hard) and cactuar (hard) and gears and gambits (hard) i won't do so soon, i will wait for people post videos of easy way because i don't want to do anymore.

I don't think i will play this game in hard difficult, honest this game is not so great like everyone says, not just because the mini-games but the nerfed materias and a few more gameplay bad choices.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SublimeHawk said:

Anyone have a good deck or strategy for the shadowblood queen in queen's blood?

SInce the introduction of the "replacement" cards, opponents frequently use them, So I always want Midgardsormr on the board as quickly as I can. (it gets +1 when any card is destroyed). I also rely quite heavily on Replacmeent cards myself (have 5-7 in deck) get that card score as high as possible which more often then not wins me games alone.

That didn't quite work with this, so I did the usual strategy but focused on destroying the shadowblood queen card once I got Midgardsormr out. I used Cockatrice to do this which can destroy any card to it's immediate right.

I got Midgardsormr out in 3 turns (security officer, then arcdragon, then Midgardsormr) Archdragon weakens enemy cards to it's right that & her tendency to weaken/destroy cards to power up the shadowqueen card allowed me to (eventually) create a line to the shadowblood queen card . 

don't be afraid to retry the match if you don't get a good hand to begin with (or don't get certain cards after 2 turns). Apparently she basically cheats (her cards don't have the usual modifers) So reseting until you get a good starting hand/she gets a relatively bad hand is fair game imo.

The deck I used had: 1x security officer, 2x archdragon, 2x cockatrice,emerald witch, midgardsormr, insect chimera,gigantoad,grandhorn,griffon,  gi specter, diabolic variant. 

2 hours ago, SublimeHawk said:

Anyone have a good deck or strategy for the shadowblood queen in queen's blood?

I honestly beat her first try with a pretty standard Dio, Chocobo, Emerald Witch enhance deck. Heck I didn't even change this deck really until the Nightmare Gauntlet

11 hours ago, Gummibug said:

I am having a hard time with the sit ups. I've been trying for several days but I always fail at the Green press hold once I reach around the 35  😔

I am also colourblind and I tend to confuse the colours when I am focusing on the speed.

I would change the triggers to the face buttons but the Green press and hold won't work 

same,I was having trouble for 1 hour with green mechanic but my only life-saver was dualsense edge because you. can adjust L2 i R2 and block it so holding it to half is easy, literally can't do it with normal. dualsense

12 hours ago, Gummibug said:

I got to this part last night. I struggled for two hours before I beat Jules. I'm not colourblind, but even I sometimes mixed the two prompts up while attempting to go fast. I was even thinking to myself that someone who is colourblind was going to have a really tough time with this. Anything that requires colour recognition should really have have an accessibility option in the settings so people can adjust the colours to what suits best.

I can't help with the colours, but here are some things that helped me. Before I made these changes, I wasn't getting anywhere close to beating Jules:

1. In the gameplay options, change the difficulty to 'easy'. I have no idea if this affects the game, but I thought it was worth a shot.

2. In the controller options reduce the vibration. I changed mine from 10 to 2 and it seemed to help.

3. On your PS5 console settings, change the DualSense triggers to 'weak'. I this made the yellow and green prompts easier for me.

4. Mute your TV. I was able to concentrate a lot better without any sound. I found my rhythm my listening to my click of the buttons.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mati11120 said:

same,I was having trouble for 1 hour with green mechanic but my only life-saver was dualsense edge because you. can adjust L2 i R2 and block it so holding it to half is easy, literally can't do it with normal. dualsense

Thanks for the tips and help but I still struggle with the green hold and press --and it's always between the 30-40 that it appears and fails 

I have to start with the L1 - R1, instead of R1 - L1 because my left index finger is faster on the trigger mash 

This minigame really makes me not want to continue the game any more as it's sucked out any enjoyment I have to continue, and considering the feedback I've read on the minigames in the Gold Saucer means I could be stuck there as well

Chadley annoys me to no end as well

My only hope is they address the sit ups in a future patch but it's doubtful despite all the complaints 

😔

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Gummibug said:

Thanks for the tips and help but I still struggle with the green hold and press --and it's always between the 30-40 that it appears and fails 

😔

You can take a bit of time when the green button shows up. You don’t have to be fast. I played without adaptive triggers and when the green button showed up I just took a bit more time and just gently squeezed the button. I got to 52 on my first attempt like this, which is enough to beat him.

• Like 2

7D81DOl.png

I did it!!!!! 😊😊😊😊

I thought I would give it one more go after my original post

I failed at 51 and Jules couldn't recover 

I am so happy 🎊😂

ORIGINAL POST

I have quit playing Rebirth I have lost all motivation to continue playing after being stuck on Jules for 3 days now 

The green button is finicky and works when it wants to 

It's just bad design 

The most I got was 47 and failed at the green at the last few seconds 

And reading the stuff what you need to do in the Gold Saucer and people struggling with them.

Yes I know it's optional, but it is not for the platinum. 

Edited by Gummibug
edited to add
  • Like 1

On 3/11/2024 at 2:58 PM, demetriogaleano1 said:

Cactuars with Yuffie is fun but with the good-for-nothing Aerith is awful.

I've read some other people saying the same, but it is strange because for me it was the opposite.  I had more trouble getting 6k points on the hard mode cactuar crush courses with Yuffie than I did with Aerith.  Seems like they balanced the game better for Aerith's kit than they did Yuffie who doesn't seem to do proper damage with most of her kit comparatively. 

With Aerith you can drop light or dark wards and it does immediate damage which is actually fairly helpful.  She does her standard ranged attacks and charges up for tempest/arcane familiars while standing on top of the light or dark ward.  When not standing on a ward she will do melee attacks that do a ton of damage to the physical/green cactuars.. they die quite fast to it.  My strategy was to just make sure I was standing on the right ward type for the elemental affinity of the cactuars and then just spam attacks until I had enough ATB to use sorcerous storm to clear the majority of the waves out.  On the big guys.. just bait their body slam attack and dodge it.. then go to town on them.  Oddly enough, using Soul drain on them does a silly amount of damage which surprised me at first because its an MP drain attack.  It does even more damage than ray of judgement and doesn't have a stupid long animation time so you can kill all the big cactuars in a single stagger with soul drain and fully charged attacks.  The cactuars are also considerably less aggressive against Aerith so you don't have to dodge grenades constantly like you do with Yuffie.  That strategy is all it takes to easily clear Aerith's trials.

With Yuffie.. most of her abilities just don't work as you'd expect in cactuar crush.  Pretty much all of her abilities only do decent damage against the magituars.. except for art of war which is literally her only good ability for the physical cactuars which makes her feel really slow at killing the physical variants when they run away from her.  Her windstorm has two different effects depending on how you activate it.  If you throw her throwing star then activate it.. it pulls enemies towards her and does shit damage.. complete waste of ATB.  You have to use it only when you have the throwing star in hand.. then spam the attack button at the same time you use it and she does a wide range AOE that groups everything up and kills magituars.  Once stuff is grouped you can kill the physical ones with art of war.. but you have to have 2 ATB built up before you start that or the combo won't work.  You want to summon doppelganger first thing when the fight starts as well to aid in the DPS.  Her normal attacks are where things get strange.  Her physical attacks usually miss and do little dmg against the physical vulnerable cactuars and the big guys.  It is basically only viable for building up ATB to use art of war on those varieties.  Her ranged attacks do okayish damage against magituars.. but only when you spam the button and her final hit will do a bit more damage.  The better strategy with magituars is to just throw the shuriken with triangle then hold down square to do a jumping slam attack that splits into 3 wind waves as it is way better than her normal shuriken spam.  For the big cactuars.. banishment is about the only thing that does any damage... otherwise art of war.  The cactuars also spam a stupid amount of grenades against Yuffie so its just insanely frustrating how easy it is to get stun juggled when you get hit by one.

Overall, Yuffie has a very specific strategy you have to employ to hit those 6k scores on hard mode.. and frankly its not that obvious because most of her kit is useless for damage on the mode. Banishment requires buildup to tier 3 to be useful, blindside not useful,  elemental ninjutsu not useful, shooting star not useful, her melee attack is not that useful against physical cactuars as they simply just run away the entire time and her damage values are too low anyway, her ranged attack is also not that useful against magituars (only when you hold down square for ground slam after throwing her weapon).  Her windstorm is only good if you use it without having the weapon thrown away and it doesn't really do any damage to physical cactuars, just groups them up for art of war.  Most of her kit and attacks just don't work on this mode and it doesn't feel properly balanced compared to Aerith.  Took me several tries to really figure out what moves did any damage otherwise everything just wasted too much time.

Also.. to make things more annoying I am almost certain the timer is normalized in some way to decrease faster depending on the wave of cactuars you are on so that you aren't allowed to buildup a lot of time on the early waves and then take your time on the later ones.  It would seem like it would just jump the timer down at an absurd rate on the final wave with Yuffie pretty often and cause me to fall short.  I don't know why they went with this design choice.  The minigame isn't good imo.

Edited by Elegy
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I am completely stuck on the Shinra Middle Manager on 3D Brawler. The pausing tip isn't helping because I can't discern the difference between animations to know which type of punch he will use. The animations look identical for each punch. Also you have to hit him 5 times to fill your limit gauge while he only has to hit you 4 times to fill his. It's driving me insane. :(

Edited by SublimeHawk

On 3/14/2024 at 12:14 AM, SublimeHawk said:

I am completely stuck on the Shinra Middle Manager on 3D Brawler. The pausing tip isn't helping because I can't discern the difference between animations to know which type of punch he will use. The animations look identical for each punch. Also you have to hit him 5 times to fill your limit gauge while he only has to hit you 4 times to fill his. It's driving me insane. :(

Same here. I just cant see the difference in some attacks. And after the first time you hit him he attacks even faster (red aura).

It is the final challenge I need to beat for this quest.

I haven't found any difficulty with any of them, I believe some of the Yakuza Series minigames are way harder then these, you might need practice for some, none of them needs perfection! I mean almost all of them have a set pattern, you just have to learn it. Cactuar Crush with Aerith was the hardest one for me BTW.

For anyone having trouble with the 3D Brawler, you should try to do 20/30 runs without the Pause trick and then try with pausing, I was able to learn every move this way.

Edited by ryuzakix5
  • Like 2

On 3/11/2024 at 10:28 AM, diogoarez said:

How do I access the second frog minigame? I'm in chapter 10 already, everytime I go to the frog he only offers me Jumpfrog to play 

You probably already know by now, but just in case, the new level of the frog mini-game, along with most of the mini-game upgrades, happens in Chapter 12.

I'm almost finishing everything, only cactuars (hard) is missing, but i'm not good with the vr missions, my platinum will take months probably =/

Anyway, for gears and gambits the PowerPix guide worked for me very well, i finished every hard mission without losing a single game.

For for condor i have used this guide: https://www.eurogamer.net/final-fantasy-7-rebirth-fort-condor-guide-hard-9403#section-6  Something i like to add is changing the game difficult to easy, fort condor is the only mini-game i saw any difference between difficults, in fort condor the atb bar fills very fast.

On 3/14/2024 at 10:14 AM, SublimeHawk said:

I am completely stuck on the Shinra Middle Manager on 3D Brawler. The pausing tip isn't helping because I can't discern the difference between animations to know which type of punch he will use. The animations look identical for each punch. 

Not sure if you've since done it but below are some photos I made myself to get through it. They're a bit janky because I didn't plan on sharing, but hopefully they're helpful.

https://imgur.com/a/jhB2DJx