Is anyone else struggling with the minigames?

For the sit ups there are 2 ways to tell which special action is required. One is the colors (green and yellow?), 1 color you press in halfway until the circle is full then full press the trigger. The other you press repeatedly really fast. However if you're colorblind like me, then you have to use the arrows on top. They look different for the half press and the repeated press

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GrainsOfWrath said:

For the sit ups there are 2 ways to tell which special action is required. One is the colors (green and yellow?), 1 color you press in halfway until the circle is full then full press the trigger. The other you press repeatedly really fast. However if you're colorblind like me, then you have to use the arrows on top. They look different for the half press and the repeated press

spacer.pngThanks

Finally done it after 1 hour of trying

• Like 1

Just finished Gears and Gambits on hard mode, the hardest mini games to me right now were sit ups vs Jules and Chocobo flight simulator level 3, the end seemed so luck based lol. I expect the hard/expert modes to be a little tougher but tbh I’m more scared of the nightmare survival challenge for queens blood more than anything 😭

• Like 1

Currently on Chapter 9 and so far the hardest two for me were Tifa sit-ups and 3d brawler. Wouldn't say they were hard though. Most are just about retrying until you get the rhythm down. I can see why some might have trouble with them though. Just keep at them and you'll get them.

• Like 2

On 3/8/2024 at 8:16 AM, ThatMuttGuy said:

At the very least, we don't have to do "Let the Battles Begin" or "One Winged Angel". I got A ranks on every song first try (on the first 6) but LtBB is actually insane to play. I got a B rank and made so many mistakes. 

I actually don't know why they didn't require the harder piano pieces.  I think they could have at least given some kind of reward for them.  I just did Let the Battles Begin with an A rank and there is no reward in game even let alone not being required for the trophy which seems like a bit of a cop out on the devs part to keep the plat easier.

The songs don't have that many notes overall and its pretty easy to memorize when the tricky dual note sections come up or when the timing is slightly off between the left and right sticks.  Most of the time though when the left stick is used it ends up being a chord that is meant to be played at the same time as the right stick so it is pretty easy to play at a glance.  The minigame itself is easier than Theatrhythm if you play above basic difficulty at least.  I could see it throwing some people off that aren't used to rhythm games but overall not too hard to memorize the charts when they have 200 or less notes and only last 2 minutes or less.  The main issue with the minigame is that you have to let the sticks reset to neutral position after hitting a note and that can make it hard to get some of the faster sections accurately.  Sometimes the stick doesn't register the note if you don't press it far enough to the side as well.

One tip I do have for the piano game is that I think its easier to play on speed 3 because by the time I react to the note its basically already in the "great" area when I hit it.  I don't have to mentally force myself to wait for the right timing to hit it.  It reduces a lot of the "goods" that I get by being too fast.

Edited by Elegy

12 hours ago, Elegy said:

I actually don't know why they didn't require the harder piano pieces.  I think they could have at least given some kind of reward for them.  I just did Let the Battles Begin with an A rank and there is no reward in game even let alone not being required for the trophy which seems like a bit of a cop out on the devs part to keep the plat easier.

The songs don't have that many notes overall and its pretty easy to memorize when the tricky dual note sections come up or when the timing is slightly off between the left and right sticks.  Most of the time though when the left stick is used it ends up being a chord that is meant to be played at the same time as the right stick so it is pretty easy to play at a glance.  The minigame itself is easier than Theatrhythm if you play above basic difficulty at least.  I could see it throwing some people off that aren't used to rhythm games but overall not too hard to memorize the charts when they have 200 or less notes and only last 2 minutes or less.  The main issue with the minigame is that you have to let the sticks reset to neutral position after hitting a note and that can make it hard to get some of the faster sections accurately.  Sometimes the stick doesn't register the note if you don't press it far enough to the side as well.

One tip I do have for the piano game is that I think its easier to play on speed 3 because by the time I react to the note its basically already in the "great" area when I hit it.  I don't have to mentally force myself to wait for the right timing to hit it.  It reduces a lot of the "goods" that I get by being too fast.

You could always have a friend do the left stick also :D

Good tip for the speed though, might give that a try, although I've only done the first three.

Edited by SadisticSymphony
  • Like 1

I've gotta say the hardest minigame for me so far is the third Chocobo gliding course in Chapter 10. It took me about an hour to get the high score because the very final part just seems so poorly designed. I ended up using a cheese with the last set of fans to get more height.

Overall I found most of the minigames very fun and easy to complete, even on hard mode.

I also like the variety: Chocobo Racing/ Gliding, Queen‘s Blood, the Fall-Guys-alike frog minigames, dolphin run, desert rush where you smash the boxes, Fort Condor, Cactuar Crush, G-bike, 3D Brawler, the piano and so on - they are all very different from each other and I think every one of them has its place to be and is incoperated into the game quite nicely. 

What I also like is that most of these minigames are not overused. They are a short fun experience and then you move on. That being said, there were too many Chocobo races in my opinion (I liked them, but always running at first place in front of weak NPCs for like 30 tracks isn‘t fun). The Queens Blood challenges in both Costa del Sol and Gold Saucer were also too much for me. I appreciate the idea of some other challenges than the standard games, but couldn‘t these have been used for the rank-up special challengers? And lastly, though this isn‘t really a minigame, was it really necessary to have combat challenges with Chadley, in Gold Saucer, in Under Saucer and in Nibelheim?

For me, only Jinan’s Sit-Ups, the higher ranked 3D Brawler matches and the fifth piano track were difficult. For the sit-ups, I turned off adaptive triggers, turned off character voices and turned down music. Like this, I could concentrate on the inputs a lot better. For the piano theme of Red XIII it was helpful to turn up the speed to 3, I missed less inputs like this (I was usually too early). And for 3D Brawler: Pause buffering for the win. 😆

• Like 3

Only need 3D Sephiroth for last mini game if anyone can do for me i can help with others very easy 

Chocobo Glide

Chocobo Race

All Type Cards

Vestige Kyactus Hard  or Frogs 

Vestige Fort Condor Hard

Vestige Cosmo Hard

Byke or Space Wars

3D Shiva or Ifrit Easy 

Pirate or Red 

Piano A rank easy 

Cant do Sephiroth is last one and after 110h of game i'm really a little bored about all this stuff

Edited by LadyZero__
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LadyZero__ said:

Only need 3D Sephiroth for last mini game if anyone can do for me i can help with others very easy 

Chocobo Glide

Chocobo Race

All Type Cards

Vestige Kyactus Hard  or Frogs 

Vestige Fort Condor Hard

Vestige Cosmo Hard

Byke or Space Wars

3D Shiva or Ifrit Easy 

Pirate or Red 

Piano A rank easy 

Cant do Sephiroth is last one and after 110h of game i'm really a little bored about all this stuff

im currently just got sephiroth today and its tough, like seriously he does so many attacks and you have to hope not to get hit ebcause the animations for the attacks are very similiar and require you to distinguish animation, even with the pause method its still a slog.

really not enjoying mini games not looking forward to brutal/legendary challenges, ive really started slow down on game, its just kinda not fun doing the plat... issue is if you dont do these challenges, you miss out on xp, events etc...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sarsky said:

im currently just got sephiroth today and its tough, like seriously he does so many attacks and you have to hope not to get hit ebcause the animations for the attacks are very similiar and require you to distinguish animation, even with the pause method its still a slog.

really not enjoying mini games not looking forward to brutal/legendary challenges, ive really started slow down on game, its just kinda not fun doing the plat... issue is if you dont do these challenges, you miss out on xp, events etc...

For my plat i only need Sephirot and Hard mode story 

• Like 1

Ok i did it

Some hint maybe help others

1st special move: 

Up (right stick) - left ( left stick) - right (right stick) - up (left stick) - down (righ stick)

second yellow bar depend on luck sometimes free hit or special casual

2nd special move: after second bar yellow him use another special and button is always same 

left (left stick) - left (left stick) - up (right stick) - down (left stick)

almost done, him become very slow... four yellow bar is casual depen on luck like second just pay attention with pause trick

3rd special move:

Idk if casual or no but always finish with down left stick i can confirm 1st and second special after 2 bars yellow is same hope help someone and sorry for grammatical error 

I was struggling with the green inputs at the gym minigame, i had a hard time finding the mid point of the button without adaptive triggers activated.

What helped me was changing the game from graphics to performance mode, in the very next attempt I got it done and it felt like the input was a bit more forgiving this time.

Maybe it was just a placebo effect but it might help someone changing modes.

What definitely helps is turning off the sound as other people here already said, but i wouldnt suggest turning off the whole sound. 

Set music & speech volume to 0 but leave SFX at 10 in the settings to have some audio feedback.

Edited by KingTom95

I'm only up to the part of the game where I just did the situps minigame.  I was dreading it after reading about it online but got it in a few tries and actually found it.... fun? (Please don't hurt me.)

BUT- other mini games people seem to like or don't mention have been hard for me.  Wild Run- time trial was just awful.  So many times I'd go to hit a ball directly in front of me and some ball off to the side not even touching me would get hit instead.  There's some kind of wonky ball hit boxes and weird physics going on there.  Took me forever.

In any case, I do like the variety.  I don't like the plat requirement of doing them all again in hard mode, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it I guess.

Edit: I think I misunderstood the requirements for the plat.  I thought all of the minigames needed to be done again on hard mode, but now I see that's not correct. Sorry! I'm kind of relieved, honestly.

Edited by HappyChika
I wrote why in post
  • Like 2

Finished all Minigames including hard mode,UPA scores etc and

it was exhausting,Some mini games are fun like Rex XII rocket league or pirate gallery-Feels like OG RE4 again

G-Bike - don't use turbo so much instead drive for score and fuel,you don't need to be fast on finish line,did it after 2 tries,same for Expert course

Pirate Shooting Gallery-you need to put more sensivity and try to get 100% accuracy on 1 round because I think this round counts more accuracy than others,Also be fast and look for the bonus targets those give a really good amount of points

sometimes they are hidden and sometimes you need to hit certain targets to show them

3D Brawler -Pause menu trick before enemy punch you,I can't do any tips except memorize moves all dodge

it easy to tell if it's uppercut or down punch, Sepiroth-avoid his 30 sttacks then get 1 opening for 1 hit.I feel sometimes game troll you on his fight to make you fail because sometimes I got opening after 4 avoided punches weird

Chocobo gliding challenges-You need to know if you dive and go up you gain more height this is vital tip for the last 2 gates in course 3 you will barrely made it,it should me adjusted but its doable to gain enough height 

Galaxy Ship minigame-Try more for perfect avoid 500 points instead using those Limits for bombs,I Believe you can farm those points also it's good to finish this course with a lot of health charges-more points at the end,upa score is easy to beat 50.000 I got 58.000 without trying so much

Queens Blood Carnival -Watch You tube its like riddles 

Queens blood challenges Gold Saucer -This one scared me so much when I first saw this especially matches when you need to win from enemy sides or stuck in the middle.. replacement cards are vital to beat all those normal and advanced challenges but Survival you need to have a lot of 1-2 double cards because game can fuck you up and give you all 2 towers cards without ability to even move in this round,For Survival Nightmarish just try to accumulate points until round 5 because round 5 its like final match against Queen, Impossible yo win because Queen card at the start of round 5 and those -1 and enhanced cards..Man this is why this is called Nightmarish 😂

ALSO you don't need gold score to beat those survival games just win and get bronze and you are good

IMPORTANT Tip-if you won, you keep your remaining cards to next round including 4 more, don't use them all it's about survival

if you have round when you can't move to enemy side then just pass all the rounds and see what Ai will do then plan to beat those scores if enemy cards are all on his side 

Gym Jules exercise -i can't do tips because I won  against him 51-50

pulling 51 at the last second

Fort Condor inc hard mode - This is the fuckin Worst mini game to try to complete it, amount of good RNG needed to win those matches is astounding,i recommend you tube videos and try to place Minions exactly like in video,the strategy when you put trebuchet in the middle following with enforcer and arrow man behind him accompany with cleric got me trough all of the shit battles

Gears and robots -Just use Ai generated sets for robots,ofc for normal mode because on hard you can't generate them.I don't know but I didn't care about weakness I just spammed first unit form every way and easily cornered and smashed all bosses even on hard mode with those restrictions

Smack a Box Rebirth -it was easy you need to memorize track where are Generators to disable electric and move on for top score you need almost clear all the boxes from the map,for 1500 box/Electric- Braver atb command 

UPA Colloseum challenge was surprisingly hard,the part with 8 toonberries got me so hard stuck 

Doom and Glooom 💀 at least if you avoid in the last second you can avoid this move 

for this Spells for reviving Rise/Arise is needed as f 

if anyone wants I can put my deck for all challenges and my deck for Nightmarish Survival 

Edited by mati11120
  • Like 4

Any golden tip for UPA Colloseum challenge with the tonberries.. Even with a full party of heals and revives I still don't seem to be fast enough reviving wiped party members. Dmg also seems kinda low on them even when I tried on easy

Having trouble with the condor game stage 3, can't get past it, very frustrating although I do really like it, I like queens blood, I don't fully understand but I winning somehow anyway, was shocked I won the tournament on the ship.

Edited by sephirothdude

Spent an hour on the glide de chocobo stage 2 and stage 3 courses before I got rank 3 on both lol. Awful controls and the fact that you cant move the camera or make ascend/descend inverted controls (which is how it usually is with gliding...) made it frustrating. Can't wait for the new Gold Saucer high scores to beat later on 😂

Edited by PostGameBlues

On 3/6/2024 at 2:14 AM, SublimeHawk said:

Unfortunately I am finding some of the minigames to be impossible to complete. There are too many minigames generally, but that's another issue. Firstly there is Pirate's Rampage. I can't get anywhere near the highest score on the second stage. You need pinpoint reflexes and accuracy of the kind normally found in professional FPS players. Never thought those skills would be needed in a Final Fantasy game, but they are in this one. The Piano trials are very challenging. If you haven't played a real piano yourself, good luck getting all A ranks. The hardest minigame for me though is undoubtedly the exercise minigame with Tifa. The last opponent requires total perfection. I can barely get within 15 points of him. It's significantly harder than it was in Remake. I think the minigames will be a bigger roadblock on the road to the Platinum than any of the VR fights.

Queen’s Blood and Fort Condor has been cake but I’m dreading the piano. I got a rank on the first song and it was a pain. Whoever thought thumb sticks would be good for rhythm needs their nails pulled off lol. The frog mini game was slightly annoying but very doable with some practice and strategy. Only on chapter 6 rn. I already feel that this game has too many mini games.

• Like 1