Is anyone else struggling with the minigames?

So I am currently trying to do Cactuar Crush Hard as Aerith. Have to hard disagree with whoever said Yuffie is harder. Aerith is very slow to build ATB and struggles against moving targets. I can barely get 4000 with her and you need 6000 to clear hard mode.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SublimeHawk said:

So I am currently trying to do Cactuar Crush Hard as Aerith. Have to hard disagree with whoever said Yuffie is harder. Aerith is very slow to build ATB and struggles against moving targets. I can barely get 4000 with her and you need 6000 to clear hard mode.

Yeah I found Aerith harder too.

To build up your ATB faster you wanna melee them when they are in groups and spam sorcerous storm (don’t go in the ward, otherwise you can’t melee). Also have Speed Up, strength up and put it on easy to make it way easier. When there is few of them spread out then put your ward down and hit them with magic. 

16 hours ago, ryuzakix5 said:

I haven't found any difficulty with any of them, I believe some of the Yakuza Series minigames are way harder then these, you might need practice for some, none of them needs perfection! I mean almost all of them have a set pattern, you just have to learn it. Cactuar Crush with Aerith was the hardest one for me BTW.

For anyone having trouble with the 3D Brawler, you should try to do 20/30 runs without the Pause trick and then try with pausing, I was able to learn every move this way.

Yeah Yakuza/Judgment/Like a Dragon has a crazy list for completion. Mahjong and Puyo Puyo are what took hours to reach the plat there. FF7 Rebirth has been challenging with the push ups and Choco Glide course 3 but after a couple hours I usually get it.

On chap 10 and just finished off the Two Legs piano A rank by 100 points. For every challenge I strive to reach a point by heart with no guide, after it's just adapting and practice. 

I dread part three of the FF7 remake series. Knights of the Round, challenges that make the past ones look like cakewalks and adapting to Vincent and Cids play styles for new meta builds.

3 hours ago, SublimeHawk said:

Yep I totally agree, even on Normal, I beat both Yuffie Challenges on Rank III first try, Aerith took me a few each on Normal. I did both Aerith Cactuar Crush's on Hard this morning, PowerPyx's strategy and set-up were on point, took me like 4 tries each to get it down, but it worked great.

For the mini-games, alI I have left is to finish up the Gold Saucer's Queen's Blood, VR Sephiroth & both of Yuffie's Cactuar Crush on Hard. For the music, I only need an A Rank for Music de Chocobo & Two Legs? Nothin' To It, the other 4 were quite easy, but having trouble for those two. Even though I figured out most myself, for the real harder challenges, I watched a guide for the strategy, watching and knowing what to do, is different than being able to do it yourself.

I thought I'd never be able to do all these mini games, I don't enjoy them and there's just too many, in Gold Saucer and every town, but I'm almost done, I seriously didn't think I'd be able to do them when I heard you need Rank III for everything.

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SublimeHawk said:

I have finally managed to beat all the minigames including the Hard variants. Thanks to everyone who posted tips, especially for 3D Brawler and the sit-ups minigame. :)

What did you find the hardest minigame?

Personally I really liked the breadth of mini-games. They were a nice break from combat and exploration. I beat the game last night and finished all the mini-games along the way (110 hours in).

Queen's Blood Nightmare Survival (getting 100 points) and the third Glide de Chocobo were the ones I struggled with the most. There were a few others I had to try several times (sit-ups, dolphin) but I didn't have much of an issue overall. I will admit I paused several times on 3D Brawler to better read the final boss and Party Guy's movements, I kept getting close and not being able to close it out which was frustrating. Fort Condor is my only other complaint - I wasn't a big fan of the changes they made from Intergrade, the lack of customization in your arsenal made rushdown the only really viable strategy.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2024 at 7:20 PM, Baker said:

You can take a bit of time when the green button shows up. You don’t have to be fast. I played without adaptive triggers and when the green button showed up I just took a bit more time and just gently squeezed the button. I got to 52 on my first attempt like this, which is enough to beat him.

That was a life savier. I took my time and still made it to 52. Although Jules made a mistake at 49, if he didnt i could still lose

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

That was a life savier. I took my time and still made it to 52. Although Jules made a mistake at 49, if he didnt i could still lose

For me Jules always made two mistakes. One right at the beginning of the challenge and one right at the very end. That's what gives you the opportunity to overtake him at the last second.

For the piano minigame - has anyone tried cheesing it with two people using one joypad at once? I'm assuming if you control one stick, focusing on one dial and someone else controls the other stick, focusing on the other dial, it would become insanely easy.

Was kinda dreading the Nightmare Survival Queen's Blood but I guess I got really lucky cause the AI I faced was dumb as hell lol. Barely spread their positions in lanes, kept using low power cards with no abilities. Went all in at round 4 and set up empty rank 3s/2s for the round's diamond dust effect. Ended up with 112 points on my first try. Just postgame 3d brawler and postgame colisseum zzz to go for Gold Saucer and I'm out of this minigame hell.

Edited by PostGameBlues

For the one against Jules:

I read somewhere that you have to count to four out loud to get the rhythm right. L1=1, R1=2, L2=3 and R2=4. (If starting position is L1)

I got it in my second attempt doong it like this. First one I tied with Jules, second time I won with 52-49.

And I have tried it many times without counting out loud.

Maybe this will help some people.

Now I need the cactuar crush and the 3D brawl. And a few ouders like Condor but that is just trial and error.

For those struggling with Cactuar Crush I got through Aerith and Yuffie on hard with this sort of build:

First Strike Materia

Hermes Shoes

Speed up materia

Strength or Magic Up based on who you use

Atb Boost Materia

That is what I used basically. For Aerith hold attack after they body slam and use soul drain. For large groups I would suggest using Sorcerer Storm. Should see a change.

With Yuffie just adapt to the magic or regular enemies and be a buzzsaw of death. Windstorm is helpful in knocking them off rhythm and gathering them together.

Edited by Clocker045

First time I tried the trial with yuffie I got 5820 points. Killed everything but got hit too much.

And now, even with first strike, hermes boots I cant get higher than 5000 points.

Think I have bad luck how the cactuars move.

And am I correct that enemy skill materia isn't usable in cactuar crush?

21 hours ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

For the one against Jules:

I read somewhere that you have to count to four out loud to get the rhythm right. L1=1, R1=2, L2=3 and R2=4. (If starting position is L1)

Didn't saw your post, but also beaten Jules the same way, vocal counting is very helpful in this case. + muting music and set voices to 1.
And on the bright side, unlike Remake, Jules will always score 49 with a miss at the start and very end.

Also tried to lower the dual sense to 4 with this mini-game (still had to mash quite hard on triggers with yellow warning), in the end after winning 50 - 49 at the very last moment, I wasn't satisfied with that and then beat him 53 - 49.

Edited by FinalFan

Got through Sephiroth in 3D Brawler. With that I am finished with the mini games. He has a good deal of tells compared to most past opponents like Shiva or Middle Manager. Pause and check his posture with photo mode if need be. Have the move to dodge ready before unpausing. Might take a few tries but when mastered it takes 1-2 minutes to win. Also when shoulders are lowered for free shots aim for the closest shoulder for guaranteed hit, left is closer you have L2. Right shoulder for R2 jabs. 

Combat trials and legendary/brutal stuff to get through but that's a different challenge altogether. Was quite the challenge with Jules and a couple of the Cactuar Crushes and one piano song. 

Still a mountain to get through but the platinum is in sight.

Edited by Clocker045

Do you know what you're reward for the plat is?

A fucking piano sheet from hell. The one-winged angle theme. I tried it once missed 50 notes and noped the fuck off the game, I'm done, I don't wanna see it until part 3 comes out and I replay it on easy for the story.

Edited by GB-Red-Eye
  • Haha 1

Patch 1.020 

For mini-games specifically 

• The camera’s reverse setting is now applied when controlling a gliding Chocobo.
  • The camera’s reverse setting is now applied to the sharpshooting mini-game camera.
  • Enhanced guidance support while climbing the ivy in the “Mythril Mine” location.
  • Added difficulty settings to the customization screens for the mini-games “Fort Condor” and “Gears and Gambits.”
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

Only need the final cactuar hard level with Aerith but I just can't make it.

If I watch clips they have so much time and I'm just struggling to get to the end.

One of the first levels I worked on dealing with in hard mode. Here's a link, follow the advice of how to go about and victory will be in your grasp. Sorcerer Storm, tempest and familiar will help. Dispel manaward with physical attacks and make note of the affinity change patterns and enemy placement.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FinalFantasyVII/comments/1be3xje/am_i_missing_something_with_cactuar_crush_4/

I think my giant cactuars refuses to use body slam. They keep using earthquake or just keep running around.

I don't think there is a way to trigger body slam.

Edit:

Got it:D

Edit 2:

https://game8.co/games/Final-Fantasy-VII-Rebirth/archives/445621

All moves in gif and what button to press for 3d brawl. From what I saw only the inputs from Dio is wrong. 

The final combo from Sephiroth is different than the 3 mentioned in the link. 

It started the same as the first one (5 hit combo). But the first 4 were the same and then 2 other inputs are needed. For me it was left/up and left/left

So:

Right stick - Up

Left stick - Left

Right stick - Right

Left stick - Up

Left stick - Up

Left stick - Left

Edited by Mr_Marty84
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

I think my giant cactuars refuses to use body slam. They keep using earthquake or just keep running around.

I don't think there is a way to trigger body slam.

Edit:

Got it:D

See, knew you'd get it eventually 

For Tifa VS Jules Minigame, I use the PS5 Zoom in Features.
- Turn off all music+voice but keeping SFX on.
- Use Zoom in feature by going to PS5 Settings - Accessibility - Zoom - Eanble Zoom. After that enter the game and press PS + Square, then zoom in Tifa and her buttons UI. 
- Go to the game menu: System - Gameplay - Trigger Effect set to 0. This makes the Yellow Pressing button easier but the Green Holding a little harder. Also in the PS5 Controller settings set the Trigger Effect Intensity to Weak(Optional).
- Train with one side only. In my case, I always start with L1 so the Yellow Pressing and Green Holding is always L2. It's because R2 button is used more so It might have less resistant than L2 so I prefer L2 for the Green Holding. If it starts with the wrong side, Press start to Retry until it in your favor.
- Count 1,2,3,4 in your head between each button pressing.
- Don't rush pressing the button at the start, keep it slow until the tempo changes.
- If you missed one button, just retry. No point continue.

Here is my video: 

Edited by TranQuangHuy