Is anyone else struggling with the minigames?

I agree with you on the abundance of minigames... a few it`s fine, but this chapter has way too many. Strangely, I am finding the piano to be pretty easy but it took me an hour to beat the exercise minigame (I hated it in the first one and hated it even more here). One suggestion for the pirate rampage is to just lower the speed of you gun to 3, it worked for me :) 3D Brawler can also be kind of annoying, good luck with that! 

• Like 3

There are so many mini-games, I'm in chapter 11 and off the top of my head I can think of around 17 separate minigames. A lot of them outright infuriating, but honestly the amount make the game feel worse. Most of them I am passable at. Getting the platinum will be probably at least moderately frustrating for me.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, SublimeHawk said:

Firstly there is Pirate's Rampage. I can't get anywhere near the highest score on the second stage. You need pinpoint reflexes and accuracy of the kind normally found in professional FPS players. Never thought those skills would be needed in a Final Fantasy game, but they are in this one. The Piano trials are very challenging. If you haven't played a real piano yourself, good luck getting all A ranks. The hardest minigame for me though is undoubtedly the exercise minigame with Tifa. The last opponent requires total perfection. I can barely get within 15 points of him. It's significantly harder than it was in Remake. I think the minigames will be a bigger roadblock on the road to the Platinum than any of the VR fights.

For Pirate’s Rampage you don’t need reflexes at all. The minigame is always the same. Just memorize it and choose a movement speed that works for you. You do need to be accurate.

For the Tifa sit ups have you tried removing the adaptive triggers in the options menu? That worked for me. It made the minigame easy.

The piano comparison just doesn’t make any sense. 😂

I just got to the Golden Saucer and everything has been very easy so far.

Edited by Baker
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, MoreFuego said:

I’m more worried about the nightmare Queen’s blood survival challenge than anything lol, heard it was one of the harder ones

I'm scared of this one too. I just tried the first survival challenge (not nightmare) and my usual strategy isn't good at all (moving forward). I'll have to change my deck.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SublimeHawk said:

Unfortunately I am finding some of the minigames to be impossible to complete. There are too many minigames generally, but that's another issue. Firstly there is Pirate's Rampage. I can't get anywhere near the highest score on the second stage. You need pinpoint reflexes and accuracy of the kind normally found in professional FPS players. Never thought those skills would be needed in a Final Fantasy game, but they are in this one. The Piano trials are very challenging. If you haven't played a real piano yourself, good luck getting all A ranks. The hardest minigame for me though is undoubtedly the exercise minigame with Tifa. The last opponent requires total perfection. I can barely get within 15 points of him. It's significantly harder than it was in Remake. I think the minigames will be a bigger roadblock on the road to the Platinum than any of the VR fights.

I Agree I’m struggling with the first Piano mini game and the Frog one I like the game but it’s full of useless mini games IMO 

• Like 3

Im in chapter 8 trying to 100% everything before moving on and the only difficult one so far was the gym mini game with Tifa, anything else i though was very doable, if you are havind difficulty you can always check a video, but i dont really think it's needed, nothing took me more than 2/3 tries except that gym mini game that took me like 1 hour and turing off the adaptive triggers helped my fingers a lot.

3 hours ago, phoenix_shade said:

Not sure. Went to bed last night hating my life with Hard Mode Fort Condor and rank 3 frog jump, got up in the morning and beat both quickly. Sometimes you just need a break.

Hard mode first playthrough without upgraded materia? Sheesh

I just started Chapter 9, I've been doing all World Intel before moving on to the next section.  But with mini games, some just took a little practice, I've completed most with all Ranks with no problems or a little practice, up through Chapter 8, I  know more games and difficulties just opened up when I completed Chapter 8.

Fort Condor, Frog Jumping, Run Wild, Crunch Off, Desert Rush, 3D Brawler, all Queen's Blood up to where I'm at, and  the absolute easiest I beat first try was that Bike mini game.

Every other mini game is a real pain, I don't enjoy these mini games and probably do some harder difficulties later.

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 2

All the mini-games stuff including Pirate's Rampage I found that just repeating them over and over you eventually get them down well enough to rank 1st.  And don't move off onto a different mini-game until you're done getting 1st on the one you're on, etc.  

• Like 1

Just now, Sendai-Horatio said:

I tied the rank 3 sit-ups after many attempts ending at 48 and it counted as a failure.

I think you need to hit mid 50s

I haven't had any issues with the mini games thus far, I hate Fort Condor though. The piano ones are really fun actually, A ranked the first 2 on the first try, but obviously they'll get harder.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SadisticSymphony said:

I think you need to hit mid 50s

I haven't had any issues with the mini games thus far, I hate Fort Condor though. The piano ones are really fun actually, A ranked the first 2 on the first try, but obviously they'll get harder.

Highest Jules will go is 49 or 50, he does not go above. The unfair part of it is that he will recover faster than the player can, but if you mess up once you're better off quitting and retrying.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio

Just now, Sendai-Horatio said:

Highest Jules will go is 49 or 50, he does not go above.

I think I was at 52, but you're right, he was around 49

2 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Honestly, it's just the sheer amount of mini games (and content) needed to get the plat. This game makes a Yakuza plat look like a walk in the park.

The mini games, for the most part, are fun. Fort Conor really sucks though, not looking forward to doing those on hard.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tamusic6 said:

I would like to meet the Japanese guy in SE who thought that playing these minigames is fun. I don't know ANYONE who enjoyed the Remake sit-ups.

Because like a dragon has them and its a better series

• Like 2

Finally beat Jules 53 to 50, I turned the music and character voices off, set the game to performance, and reduced the trigger resistance to zero. I also noticed that Jules can go above 50, he made it to 51 but it was when everyone in the Gym was in a T pose so it may have been a glitch.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio

For sharing, I saw elsewhere ppl mentioned about this.

DO NOT ACHIEVE THOSE MINIGAME HIGHEST SCORE BEFORE YOU REACH THE LAST SIDE QUEST!!!

DO NOT ACHIEVE THOSE MINIGAME HIGHEST SCORE BEFORE YOU REACH THE LAST SIDE QUEST!!!

Because important had to mentioned twice. 🤣

As the last side quest, it request you have to play all these minigame again....and had to beat the existing highest score. 😳

If you settle achieved those minigame highest score before this, congratulation, you had to beat your own score to win over this side quest. 😱

• Like 2
  • Haha 2