New trophy added

Angulus

6 hours ago, KatzenSebi said:

I think there will be new trophies :) i have no problem with that at all :)!

FOAMSTARS_Roadmap-ljvsz213g.jpg?quality=

I think we will for sure get a trophy with the new mode on season 6, possibly also with the new maps on season 4 and 6, and with the squad missions updates on seasons 4, 5 and 6.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

Who’s the new Foamstar? I didn’t see them when I played last night.

Seeing this, really cements the fact we may receive trophy updates each new season. I’m not too mad, though, as the game is actually fun. It still kinda sucks how they gave us one, instead of 6 trophies. 

4 hours ago, sharkyaya said:

It’s Coiff Guy, can unlock him if you get the season pass I think. 

The new Hero is in the Free Season Pass on Level 31 - you dont need to Buy the premium pass for him.

28 minutes ago, KatzenSebi said:

The new Hero is in the Free Season Pass on Level 31 - you dont need to Buy the premium pass for him.

Are you sure about that? Could you have unlocked Mel T through the 37500 XP challenge and haven't realized that? I'm not lvl 31 and by reading the pass it says it unlocks a skin for the character (Mel T back in season 1, Coiff Guy now in season 2), not the character itself, which is stated to unlock on premium pass tier 1. Pardon if I'm sounding inquisitive, it's just that what you mention goes against what the game states and something that I saw only in rare occasions, 'cause almost always getting skin or any character stuff wouldn't unlock said character.

Edited by GravityQueeen

I did the DLC trophy today. Took about an hour to do all 6 missions per character.

So if your like me and didn’t touch the single player missions before this (I only did what was required for the 100%) your looking at around 6 hours for this one dlc trophy. For comparison it only took me 10 hours to 100% the game in the first place.

If you want to auto pop one versions DLC trophy after completing the other, just load the other version and do the last mission with any character and the trophy will pop for that version. (I played the ps5 version, got the trophy, loaded ps4 version and did the last mission with soa and the trophy popped for ps4 version as well)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, GravityQueeen said:

Are you sure about that? Could you have unlocked Mel T through the 37500 XP challenge and haven't realized that? I'm not lvl 31 and by reading the pass it says it unlocks a skin for the character (Mel T back in season 1, Coiff Guy now in season 2), not the character itself, which is stated to unlock on premium pass tier 1. Pardon if I'm sounding inquisitive, it's just that what you mention goes against what the game states and something that I saw only in rare occasions, 'cause almost always getting skin or any character stuff wouldn't unlock said character.

In the first season, Mel T (the actual character, not a skin) could be unlocked by either purchasing the season pass (and she would be unlocked at level 1) or by reaching level 31 (without the need to purchase anything).

Now, in the second season, the same thing applies to Coiff Guy (the character, not a skin): either unlock him at level 1 by purchasing the season pass or unlock him for free at level 31.

Now here's the confusing part... when season 2 started, the game was glitched meaning that anyone who had previously unlocked Mel T in season 1 found that she was locked again, and could only be unlocked by reaching 37500 XP. However, this has since been patched (March 9th) so anyone who unlocked Mel T in season 1 will still have access to that character.

I unlocked Mel T in season 1 (by reaching level 31) so can't comment on how or if she can be obtained in season 2 for those who haven't already unlocked her. If she can still be unlocked by gaining 37500 XP then I think that is fair.

You actually unlock the character (Mel T or Coiff Guy, depending on the season) and an extra skin at level 31, whereas you only obtain the character (with no extra skin) at level 1 when purchasing the season pass.

Hope that made sense; I was really confused when I started season 2 to find my previously unlocked Mel T had been taken away, but the devs were aware of the glitch (they posted on Twitter about it) and patched it quickly so it all seems to be fine now.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Mr_Fluffy_Pants_ said:

If you want to auto pop one versions DLC trophy after completing the other, just load the other version and do the last mission with any character and the trophy will pop for that version. (I played the ps5 version, got the trophy, loaded ps4 version and did the last mission with soa and the trophy popped for ps4 version as well)

Did it autopop any of the other trophies? Or is it literally just the main campaign trophy?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Did it autopop any of the other trophies? Or is it literally just the main campaign trophy?

Oh I was just talking about the DLC trophy auto popping, I had auto popped whatever I could on ps4 previously.

Looking at my ps4 list when I originally auto popped the main game most of it auto popped, some things you just had to preform one action. Then you had to do one of each type of match for those trophies and complete the normal and hard squad mission again.

By the look of my list I 100% the original ps4 list in 2.5 hours after auto popping from ps5. If I remember correctly I didn’t get a good group for the hard squad mission on the first try either so it could be done faster then that.

4 hours ago, GravityQueeen said:

Thankyou @widdok and @KatzenSebi 

It is good to know that regardless of the pass you go with you can unlock all characters, and that it doesn't need to be during the season they were added as updates will turn past season characters unlockable through a challenge :)

when I logged in yesterday I automatically already had the Mel T Character even though I didn’t before, so maybe it goes by your level (or maybe I’ve already done the challenge required without realizing)

——

Also random question, but does anyone know why the DLC for ps5 for example says “47 owners” when the main game has over 13k owners? It’s a free update so shouldn’t everyone who owns the game be considered an owner for the DLC? I’m sure @BlindMango knows the answer to this

Edited by Mr_Fluffy_Pants_
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr_Fluffy_Pants_ said:

Also random question, but does anyone know why the DLC for ps5 for example says “47 owners” when the main game has over 13k owners? It’s a free update so shouldn’t everyone who owns the game be considered an owner for the DLC? I’m sure @BlindMango knows the answer to this

So the site takes all the people who have earned trophies in a DLC pack and counts only them as the owners of DLC, the site doesn't have a way to determine if it's a free DLC/update or paid DLC and we don't currently have a way to manually tell the site either, maybe something in the future that could be implemented though :P 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mr_Fluffy_Pants_ said:

Oh I was just talking about the DLC trophy auto popping, I had auto popped whatever I could on ps4 previously.

Looking at my ps4 list when I originally auto popped the main game most of it auto popped, some things you just had to preform one action. Then you had to do one of each type of match for those trophies and complete the normal and hard squad mission again.

By the look of my list I 100% the original ps4 list in 2.5 hours after auto popping from ps5. If I remember correctly I didn’t get a good group for the hard squad mission on the first try either so it could be done faster then that.

when I logged in yesterday I automatically already had the Mel T Character even though I didn’t before, so maybe it goes by your level (or maybe I’ve already done the challenge required without realizing)

——

Thanks for confirming. Can also confirm that upon completing Jet’s final mission the following trophies popped:

'We are Foamstars' (reach level 25)

'Heroes of Bath Vegas' (do all the character missions)

The rest of the cumulative trophies I only had to perform once to pop. Overall, it took about 2 hours and a half (with some time wasted server hopping for matchmaking!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheSilvrWizard said:

“Squad mission update” is terrifying lmfao, the hard squad mission trophy was tough enough

You just have to do the single player squad missions for the trophy. 6 missions for 6 different characters so 36 missions total.

They aren’t as bad as the hard squad mission imo. The last boss can be annoying though when using the close range characters.

I’d recommend upgrading the fire rate and reload speed to make things easier for the characters who don’t have automatic weapons like the shot gun guy.

Edited by Mr_Fluffy_Pants_

5 hours ago, Mr_Fluffy_Pants_ said:

You just have to do the single player squad missions for the trophy. 6 missions for 6 different characters so 36 missions total.

They aren’t as bad as the hard squad mission imo. The last boss can be annoying though when using the close range characters.

I’d recommend upgrading the fire rate and reload speed to make things easier for the characters who don’t have automatic weapons like the shot gun guy.

Not what they were talking about.

@TheSilvrWizard is referring to the Squad Mission update (that's the co-op multiplayer mode) further in the future.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Marrow94 said:

I hope they release this game on Steam ASAP to keep it alive a while longer, it's hard to find matches... like 2+ minutes of waiting.

I doubt it will make its way to Steam.  As of now, the game is a PS4/PS5 exclusive with no plans to bring it to any other platform.  By doing this, like you mentioned, they are seriously limiting their player base.  I played a few rounds the other day and it wasn't even fun anymore.  The matchmaking is terrible.  I ended up on a team where the highest level player was me (level 31) and the other team had 3 level 200 players.  Things did not go well...

This game gives off a Rumbleverse vibe.  I don't think it's going to last too long before they shut it down.  They're going to make some money from the ridiculously overpriced microtransactions and call it a day.

• Like 1

The DLC trophy in this game is extremely tedious, the single player missions are the most useless and annoying thing ever. You can't even skip text or cutscenes, and you have to fight the same final boss six times. The only reason I started playing this game is that I wanted to have an unobtainable game completed on my list. I know that this game will shut down in the near future due to the dwindling player base.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished with this. If anyone is having any trouble at all (Maybe if underleveled), then I found helpful glitches. 

The first I forgot to capture; but if you are dying within 2 seconds of the megaflare hitting, the megaflare animation hitting doesn't give you a second set of damage orbs to the core, it actually cancels out the ones you'd get from your death. No damage will come to the core for that death.

The other I remembered to hit the share button and shortened the clip to 20 secs. You simply use your special attack JUST before Dark Ramzey spreads it's foam and sends you flying back to the core. Now you can stay right near him, avoiding the trudge back through all the bad foam/all the enemies shooting at you. As you can see, I did it with Penny, but I should imagine all the specials work because of the invincibility frames.

• Like 1