Any advice of the Cosmo Canyon's piano mini game?

I ended up getting 17380 about 45 minutes ago, 20 away, left the house and did what I had to do, came home and did it first try with 17550. I know some people are a wiz at this, but at least I got the Trophy, glad it's done with. I sped it up +1 and muted the tv, oh I don't know if it mattered, but I started hitting the notes and getting a way higher score, when I turned my TV to Game Mode, or it could have been a coincidence. I know if I kept practicing, I'd get even better, but I don't care. If I can do it, anyone can.

I have had little issues with any of the mini games to this point, but I just spent 4 hours doing this and can't get over 16500. I do not play any rhythm games, and this is just brutal for me.

On 3/12/2024 at 9:34 AM, Asimb0mb said:

For me increasing note speed twice and practicing a few times did the trick.

this did it for me too increase the speed twice don't be intimidated I played for 2 hours on slow and got it first try when I increased twice

• 2 weeks later...

Two Legs is the only one I am struggling with

15820 is the best I can do (B)

I have too many misses (around 32) and set it to 2 speed, been at this for almost 48 hours (practically nonstop) - and I'm feeling burned out.

I've tried all the suggestions - speed, muting etc. but I still falter when it starts jumping back and forth between discs.

I don't want to carry on with the story until I get this one done (it's the last one - I A'd all the others).

I've no one to help with this, the one person I did ask gave up after 2 minutes

• 2 weeks later...

It took me about 90 minutes of practice to do it. I even had two attempts where I got 17100 and 17190 - believe me I was raging like a MF, but it's doable! Here are the best tips I can give you:

1. You should only focus on the left side when it’s a sequence where there are no notes on the right. Whenever the right side starts playing you wanna shift your focus on the right side.
  2. When you’re focusing on the right side, don’t worry about being super accurate on the left stick. The thing that made the biggest difference for me was being on the lookout for notes on both sticks that were headed in the same direction at the same time - these you wanna do your best to sync together for great. If on the left side you see a straggler note by itself, just try to approximate it and don’t stress about getting great. You have a pretty high chance of at least hitting good, but at worst it'll be a bad and you won't get anything for it.
  3. As I’m sure you figured out, hitting it anywhere is a lot better than not hitting it at all. Make sure you try to hit as many notes as you can, regardless of accuracy. Even a bad is a lot better than a miss because misses actually detract from your points.

I even recorded my run here if you want to take a look. Far from the most perfect run, but you may find it helpful. Just keep at it, practice makes perfect - there's nothing they can throw at you that you can't overcome!

Two legs? Nothing to it. Took about 20 tries. Obviously the most frustrating piano piece.

I found having the music on helped me. (you get to learn the actually song sound and I felt that it helped with the rhythm) Speed increased by one.

• 3 weeks later...

I think that I’m going to have to give up  on the platinum for this game. I spent 3hrs on Saturday and 3hrs today trying to do Two legs and I can’t seem to get the rhythm right. Tried increasing the screen size, turning of the volume. Speeding up the notes but every time I get it wrong.

It sucks as I’m usually good at rhythm games but I can’t seem to get this one even after literally trying for 8hrs now.

Got the Remake and Reunion platinums but alas I think it could be the end of the road as this is spoiling my enjoyment of what is GOTY for me.

The way to practice these mini games, I found, is to concentrate one learning one stick at a time.

My personal method for the two tricky ones was to concentrate only on the left stick first, and just get that learned all the way through, while on the right stick, just tap it rhythmically in any single direction - so you're practicing the tempo, but not the specific notes.

Once you have that learned, swap, and learn the right stick notes, doing the opposite - so just tap any direction with the tempo on the left stick, regardless of the actual notes.

Once you think you're getting them both pretty well done, and can consistently do both "single side" versions without too many errors, try combining them - it's surprising how much your muscle memory will do the work of putting them together.

Good luck 👍

Edited by DrBloodmoney