My Fav GTA of all time, what's yours?

Good Day Hunters!

I remember a time being younger when I was sick lying on the couch and my mother asked me, " what can I get for you , whatever you'd like ? " ... I replied. . . " can you get our copy of gta III back from my brother? He took it to a friend's house"

LOL

At this time I knew this was my favorite game ever. I have the plat twice,  once on a digital version that is no longer available!

How do you all feel about gta III? What's some of your favorite parts of the game, other other gta's and why?

Me personally I can't stand the new ones. Gta III and Gta IV are my favorite.

Cheers everyone! 🏆

• Like 1

Each GTA game is great in its own way. Each city/state is like a unique character, if I can say so. My favorite would be Vice City. 

Btw I feel really sad the lighting update (which is present on the mobile version) seemingly is not coming to the consoles.  😕

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SlowQuorex said:

Each GTA game is great in its own way. Each city/state is like a unique character, if I can say so. My favorite would be Vice City. 

Btw I feel really sad the lighting update (which is present on the mobile version) seemingly is not coming to the consoles.  😕

I can agree. Gta III loses alot of appreciation with newer generations as most don't realize,  it was the first game not only gta but game to showcase that behind the car close view we all know and love today 😎

I personally prefer the originals of these games as opposed to the remastered versions.

7 minutes ago, Andrei-Balan said:

4 without a single doubt. Vice City Stories it's a close 2nd spot. 5 definitely it's on the last spot on my list.

Yeah , 4 was epic. Still playing it on ps3 to this day on and off. First one to showcase your character crashing through the windshield on various forms of impacts lol.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

4 is my favourite and probably always will be, the gameplay might have improved since, but the story, characters and atmosphere of 4 is unmatched

I think III is mine due to emotional connection as it was my first gta and my main childhood gta. 

But I'd have to agree with you, if I had to pick one without getting in my feelings. It'd probably be IV. Niko Bellic baby! Haha

5 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

For me it's 3 and part of Vice City, everything after those two was a boring load of crap IMO.

III is pure nostalgia for me. Glad to know others share a similar feel. 🏆

1 hour ago, OoSk1lleDoO said:

Me personally I can't stand the new ones.

This is how I’m starting to feel too. The PS2 era of GTA was the absolute peak for me. IV was ok, but just felt a bit too “real”. I will say it was the last decent one though. If VI wasn’t in Vice again I don’t know if I’d have even been interested tbh, but I will give the series one last chance since it is. 

My favourite has always been Vice City. I love III and LCS as well but the sunshine and 80s music of VC and VCS just can’t be beat. 

Of the ones I know well enough to judge, this is how I’d rank them:

1. Vice City

2. III

3. Vice City Stories

4. Liberty City Stories

5. San Andreas

6. IV

7. V

8. Chinatown Wars

• Like 1

Liberty City Stories, simply because it was my first. I still don't understand why we didn't get a PS4/5 version of that game, particularly considering there was an Android source port at some point...

• Like 2

I love LCS, at the time having a game of that kind on the PSP felt like a miracle, I played it countless hours. Also it looked so much better than III, better songs, guns, a better feeling overall. 

I'm probably biased but it's my favourite along with San Andreas. I'm not a fan of V but it's an amazing game, and set new standards of what to expect in videogames.

• Like 1

GTA 3 for the nostalgia, Vice City for the soundtrack, and San Andreas for the RPG immersion. 

However, GTA IV will forever be my favorite in the series and likely my all-time favorite game in general.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2024 at 1:16 PM, Creasy007 said:

GTA 3 for the nostalgia, Vice City for the soundtrack, and San Andreas for the RPG immersion. 

However, GTA IV will forever be my favorite in the series and likely my all-time favorite game in general.

This is well said @Creasy007.

• Like 1

Definitely GTA V, as it’s the only opus I ever played… Not sure to understand how I have managed to so efficiently dodge the series until then though 🙂

Edited by Neef-GT5
  • Like 1

Vice City will probably always be my favourite, as it was the first one I played and the only from the 3D era I had when I was young. I've since played the rest, but it can be hard to go to them in the modern age when you don't have the nostalgia for them.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Neef-GT5 said:

Definitely GTA V, as it’s the only opus I ever played… Not sure to understand how I have managed to so efficiently dodge the series until then though 🙂

Oh man @Neef-GT5we have got to get some gta vice city and atleast iv under your belt. 😀

22 hours ago, rebelkiller93 said:

Vice City will probably always be my favourite, as it was the first one I played and the only from the 3D era I had when I was young. I've since played the rest, but it can be hard to go to them in the modern age when you don't have the nostalgia for them.

I find this is a similar common denominator in factoring our favorites. Usually it's an emotional value that we ourselves can only feel and others relate to. GTA III being my first , will always be my fav ❤️

• Like 1