PS5 Performance

NsaneRip

While I certianly would have preferred the game to offer a higher performance mode instead of locking into a single set framerate for its quality, it only always takes just a few seconds to get accustomed to it (I usually play every game in perfomance mode it the choice is available because higher fps looks better to me than "small" details eating up that gpu power that I dont recognize anyway).

I havent seen any bad performance yet.

I was experiencing a lot of issues when it came to frame rate.. with huge drops all the time.. and freezes for a good half a second or more when moving about settlements.. 

I’m not sure if this is what actually fixed it, but I moved the game from my M.2, over to the console storage, and it’s been running smooth ever since. Played about 5 hours today after moving it, and I’ve had barely anything more than the odd dip, which never lasted long and I doubt was much lower than 30fps.

Again, I’m not sure if that was the issue, my M.2 runs slightly faster than the internal SSD, but it is completely rammed with 4TB of games.. so maybe it’s still just not as fast as accessing the system memory..

either way I had a blast today, and if the game now continues to perform how it has today, I’m happy with it

I've experienced frame rate drop in major towns, it's noticeable. You get used to it. Some thread mentioned killing non-important npcs in major towns to help with smoothness. I just ignore it for the most part. The game still plays well other than that.

• Like 1

It sucks this game doesn’t have a locked 60 mode, but I loved both games enough to look past this.

Aside from the game usually running closer to 30 than to 60 fps, I’ve had an entirely smooth experience thus far.

From what I’ve read online, most people having issues are on PC. Console Master Race?

Framerate is fine, the issue is that it is variable so instead of constant 30 with occasional dips in stresses like combat with high effects and towns where there is a lot going on, it can go from 40+ in barren areas, then 30 in wooded areas 28 in combat and occasional dips below.

You get used to it but me personally I would rather a constant 30 with occasional dips. Why I use Vsync on PC always (plus I hate screen tear)

Atm its all over the place. Again you get used to it but its a slight annoyance when you start playing.

The game is amazing though as to be expected.

Capcom has now officially said they are working on a 30fps only option and ability to turn off motion blur and raytracing. I hate motion blur and raytracing is a meme but no motion blur in this game I would expect it to go low to mid 20 fps often. Atm I have only seen a low 20fps a handful of time in the main city and even then it is when I am running backwards and forwards doing interactions with multiple NPCs. Its not like that always in town.

What most people don't seem to get is this game has crap loads of systems going on that are all CPU intensive.

The framerate is not hurt by the visuals, hence why they have raytracing in it to begin with and why they said turning it off wont really make a difference.

If you play the game you will understand the amount of systems in play.

NPCs all have AI, ragdoll, physic, effects etc that all interact with each other and the player, then every NPC in the entire world has an actual place in it, a schedule and are doing stuff "behind" the player seeing them. Meaning even know you are not seeing the NPCs the game is calculating them and their place and what they should be doing.

its an incredibly deep RPG. More complex than any other 3d ARPG I have seen (I think)

Irony is that dd1 is a console game and so is DD2, PC players are having a much worse time even with higher FPS and that is not including the usual PC players ruining the game, cheating, hacking etc.

Probably wont be long until their pawn system is broken.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Stinkyremy said:

You get used to it but me personally I would rather a constant 30 with occasional dips. Why I use Vsync on PC always (plus I hate screen tear)

Atm its all over the place. Again you get used to it but its a slight annoyance when you start playing.

if you have a TV that supports VRR - as mine does - the PlayStation has a VRR setting that you can enable.

@Topic: as I am playing Rise of the Ronin in parallel in Performance Mode, DD2 is really "slow". However, you really get used to it after a while. But I would love it being 60fps or more. However, the game struggles immensly on PC, as it is heavily CPU bound, so the fact that it is even able to keep 30ish FPS on PS5 is already impressive, as many High-End PC's struggle to get there.

Capcom already announced some changes in the next patch, including the option to turn of Motion Blur (hell yeah!) and switching RT on/off on PS5. More importantly, they also announced that they will add the option to have fixed 30fps or variable fps. This will not impact performance a lot mind you, but they also announced performance updates for the future.

See here: GJgjYX_WAAEbN9n?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Sicho

23 hours ago, Stinkyremy said:

The game is amazing though as to be expected.

Capcom has now officially said they are working on a 30fps only option and ability to turn off motion blur and raytracing.

I was planning on starting the game tonight, but after reading this comment I'm holding off indefinitely until this is implemented. Unlocked and unstable framerate + motion blur just sounds like an awful time... if they're going to do this I'll just avoid putting myself through that.

Thank you for posting this.

On 3/26/2024 at 2:16 PM, Skurkitty said:

I was planning on starting the game tonight, but after reading this comment I'm holding off indefinitely until this is implemented. Unlocked and unstable framerate + motion blur just sounds like an awful time... if they're going to do this I'll just avoid putting myself through that.

Thank you for posting this.

Nah for some reason it works for this game. You get used to it fast and even with the options they just released to turn off RTR, motion blur or cap at 30, i just went back to the default settings. The RTR adds so much depth and awe to the game, without it it’s like playing last gen. Maybe it’s because I have VRR available that I don’t mind like others. I’d rather have instances where  it gets smooth and still has the RTR than not at all.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2024 at 8:20 PM, Sicho said:

If you have a TV that supports VRR - as mine does - the PlayStation has a VRR setting that you can enable.

Doesn't the PS5 VRR only kick in at 48fps and above? If you're seeing benefits of VRR arond the 30fps range then perhaps I will pick this up in a couple of months.

1 hour ago, BlackTorito said:

Turn off RTX it improves the framerate and I don’t think its a huge difference graphically. The game still looks PS4 anyway.

worst take so far

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sicho said:

worst take so far

Who are you the “judge” of takes? Lol

Nobody asked for your hollow argument. Leave people experiment however they want, some people prefer framerate, there is no right answer :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BlackTorito said:

Who are you the “judge” of takes? Lol

Nobody asked for your hollow argument. Leave people experiment however they want, some people prefer framerate, there is no right answer :)

saying it "looks like PS4" is honestly beyond stupid and just shows your ignorance. It could not even look remotely like it looks now on a PS4.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1