Games to relax/satisfy

Skimaj_94

5 hours ago, GothGirlMaxine said:

Truck Driver is a good shout I think, I am currently playing On The Road, which is similar. Also I keep wanting to play Japanese Rail Sim, how is it? I have never really heard of anyone play it. 

Japanese Rail Sim is like the Densha De Go series. Basically the game plays a full motion video, which you have to slow down, stop or speed up at the right time, to get better ratings. The game is simple to play and feels like an arcade game but to get the best ratings can get a bit challenging. I had fun with it and it definitely gets the feeling of running a train right, but the game is not for everyone.

If you like Skateboarding, You could try Session, Skate Sim. It’s so fun and satisfying trying to recreate realistic skateboarding. Typically while I wait for my wife to get ready before we go somewhere I like to turn on the game and just skate around. It’s Great.

If you want something a little different, try Cities Skylines. Another fun game that doesn’t require much brain power after a long day. 

Both these games have nice soundtracks but you can listen to podcast/music while you play. 

• Like 1

On 4/2/2024 at 11:14 AM, Paleblood said:

Honestly, Katamari games are the shit when it comes to fun & relaxing gameplay

I played Damacy Reroll for a couple of hours on the Steam Deck and found it kind of stressful lol. maybe I didn't get the game, but it always feel like there's not enough items to pick up for the goal in time 

21 hours ago, TalalHmd said:

I played Damacy Reroll for a couple of hours on the Steam Deck and found it kind of stressful lol. maybe I didn't get the game, but it always feel like there's not enough items to pick up for the goal in time 

This is funny, because it was just like this for me when I first played it! But the more you get in the rhythm of it all, the more you see that you only need about 30% of the time for the actual mission objective. At that point it‘s quite relaxing. (But you‘re right, maybe not THE pick-up & play option.)

Then it’s just enjoying the music and laughing at the absurd humor this world presents :)

• Like 2

Coffee talk 1/2

graveyard keeper - is like stardew but bit morbid 

little to the left - puzzle organization game 

journey - chill game 

strange horticulture if you like plants n mystery 

sable- open world exploration with chill vibes

inscryption if you like card games

islanders - city building minimalistic game

the wild at heart - indie pickmin basically 

katarmari reroll - short fun game roll up the world 

slay the spire -card  game roguelite

cult of the lamb - build a cult, farm , do dungeons

moonlighter - run a store, run dungeons

newt one -platforming game with music / color

artful escape - rock n roll adventure game

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Milkyray said:

Farm Together is my go-to-game for that.

I played this game with my wife. We put more than 200 hours. Now, my daughter is 5 years old and I'm still playing it wih her. Highly recommend it if you're looking for a relax experience.

Edited by Rohirrim-90
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/2/2024 at 3:02 AM, Skimaj_94 said:

Hi there! I'm looking for some nice recommendation for games where you don't have to think to much, just play it after a long day when you're tired and just want to relax. What I mean is games like for example Stardew Valley, Powerwash Simulator, House Flipper, Fall Guys, Dredge or even (after finishing amazing story) Death Stranding. Any ideas? 

Oh you bet I have plenty of golden recommendations for this, because I have become a lot more interested in "cozy games" in the last two years...

If you can get a psvr2, the following are perfect for what you want: Moss 2 (great story! beautiful game!), Little Cities Bigger, CyubeVR, Cosmonious High, Garden of the Sea

On Ps5/Ps4 and not in VR: Abzu, Xing the Land Beyond, The First Tree, Aer memories of old

On Ps5 or Ps4 with the Psvr1: Fujii (best cozy game of all time!! super happy vibes here from start to finish), Astro Bot Rescue Mission (another game that is a total joy to play, it's like a vacation pretty much), The Curious Tale of the Stolen Pets, The Playroom VR (free), O my Genesis VR demo (free), Electronauts (play any music you want at beautiful environments), Xing in its VR mode

My recommendation if you are serious about getting the most relaxing or happiest games possible is to get either a psvr1 or a psvr2, and get the games I recommended above. Personally, I think Fujii and Astro Bot Rescue Mission are by far the best (Rescue Mission is even better than Astro's Playroom on Ps5). However, Moss 2 was also really good and satisfying to finish. A psvr1 bundle from ebay with the 2 motion controllers included is probably $200, so that's not too expensive, and the games are awesome. The psvr2 and its games are much more expensive however (+$500). Since, "happy vibes" and "relaxing games" are your target, I think it's best to just get a psvr1 with a dualshock4 controller, and play Astro Bot, The Playroom VR, Fujii (this one requires the 2 motion controllers), and the beauty of Moss 2. Enjoy! ;)