Games to relax/satisfy

Skimaj_94

Hi there! I'm looking for some nice recommendation for games where you don't have to think to much, just play it after a long day when you're tired and just want to relax. What I mean is games like for example Stardew Valley, Powerwash Simulator, House Flipper, Fall Guys, Dredge or even (after finishing amazing story) Death Stranding. Any ideas? 

Games that work for me are

- Bassmaster fishing

- Call of the Wild: The Angler 

- Car X Drift Racing online

- Golfing with your Friends

Basically anything with not too much of a story. 

Edited by neospoon
  • Haha 1

I would say Dorfromantik, but it hasn't been released on Playstation yet. Still I'd recommend it, if it ever gets that release.

Aside from that:

- Katamari Damacy

- We Love Katamari

- Honestly, Katamari games are the shit when it comes to fun & relaxing gameplay
- Moving Out

- I am dead (short)

- Gardens Between (super short)

- Little Acre (even shorter)

- Snowrunner

- Resogun

• Like 1

- Unpacking 
- What the Golf? 

- Firewatch 

- Donut County 

- Coffee Talk <3 (I need to play Coffee Talk 2)

- Wattam

Can't say anything about "Wattam" just bought it few weeks ago but didn't started but It's from the Katamari developers and it looks like a chill game.

Just now, ShadyWARcotix said:

He wanted to know good and chill games. Not a description of your account. 

Oh, wow. That really hurt (not). Like I care what you think, Mr Grumble Bum🤣

• Haha 1

Wattam? Playing casually it is a fine game, but FPS drops, EVEN ON PS5 and what you have to plat it will infuriate everyone (that &^^%$#@#^%TF snowman...).
Unpacking - yes
Donut County - yes
Coffee Talk both are excellent, first one i slightly better, but the banshee's story in second one is also a good addition, besides, you play this game for vibes and OST and oh boi, how much it delivers.

For me and the game to chill that I have platted:
- Tchia - to my surprise, it is a perfect guilty pleasure, the game absolutely cringy sometimes, with absurd amount of collectibles, teen-like-edgy story (don't trust the looks), clunky movement... and it's perfect, I had quite a good time with it, maybe because you see that it has the heart in the right place, you see that the devs wanted to do something here, they have failed, but successfully.
- Spiritfarer - just play it. just. play.. it.
- Lil Gator Game - awesome little game for 5 hours to complete, a lot of cheerful humour - A Short Hike is veeeery similar, both are awesome little platformers
- Tinykin - awesome-looking Pikmin-wannabe, a lot to collect, mechanisms to work out
- Toem - you've probably played it, if not - why waiting
- Chicory - A Colourful Tale - this is on the level of Celeste, when it comes to using the gaming mechanisms in order to tell a story about problems with coping with reality, depression, anxiety, lack of opportunities visible... and yet being absolutely relaxing
- Night in the Woods - do I have to tell more?
-... Spyro Trilogy - it is actually really easy platformer series, with a lot of hours to work with and awesome gameplay. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skimaj_94 said:

Hi there! I'm looking for some nice recommendation for games where you don't have to think to much, just play it after a long day when you're tired and just want to relax. What I mean is games like for example Stardew Valley, Powerwash Simulator, House Flipper, Fall Guys, Dredge or even (after finishing amazing story) Death Stranding. Any ideas? 

Pioneers of olive town is a fun one imo. Platinum is a bit grindy but the game is really relaxing. 

Bus simulator Next stop, I like it at least

Idle Champions

Fallout Shelter

Maneater

Spyro Trilogy

Ratchet and Clank (any game)

Jak and Daxter 1

Any Telltale game

this spring to mind for very easy / relaxing games you can just switch off mentally and play 

• Like 3

A few I can recommend where I thought that I could relax or took my time to enjoy them:

• Planet Coaster
  • Tropico 5 & 6
  • Aven Colony
  • Jurassic World Evolution 1 & 2
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • King's Bounty 2
  • Like 1

Literally any simulator game that looks interesting to you. That's my go-to genre when I want to just casually play something and catch up on a show at the same time. House Flipper 2 comes out on the 10th!

This probably isn't really what the OP was looking for, but Final Fantasy XIV.

Yeah, there's a sub.  Yeah, it's online and you have to interact with people sometimes...

But the games story is like 400 hours long, and the story at least is incredibly easy and you can solo most of it now.  It's got something for every mood... if you don't want to have to think at all, play through some more story.  If you want a very light challenge, run your daily roulettes (it's all content you've done before, and one of the dungeons you're likely to get is almost all cutscenes, good for getting some other stuff done outside of the game lol).  If you want a more intense challenge, try a job/role or optional content you've never played before.  If you want to go balls out, look into the Extreme and Savage content.  And that's all just the tip of the iceberg really in terms of the random crap there is to do in the game.

It's literally the only game I can boot up after work and totally shut my brain off, or adjust to the beat of my wildly changing moods... while still feeling like I'm being productive and always working towards some goal.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

- Skater XL

- Truck Driver

- Submerged

- Ankora: Lost Days

- Deiland: Pocket Planet

- Summer in Mara

- Dolphin Spirit: Ocean Mission

- Neodori Forever

- Inertial Drift

- Japanese Rail Sim: Journey to Kyoto

- Alba: A Wildlife Adventure

- Art of Rally

- Tasomachi: Behind the Twilight

- Where the Water Tastes Like Wine

- Road to Guangdong

-Lifeless Planet

- Lonely Mountains: Downhill (as long as you don`t go for the challenges)

• Like 1

Journey

Abzu

Definitely in agreement with anyone who mentions Simulators

Firewatch, absolutely incredible little game.

I will second @neospoon’s suggestion of Call Of The Wild: The Angler, very chilled out, nothing stressful, and the recently released South Africa map (Izilo Zasendulo) is one of the better maps in my opinion. 

38 minutes ago, reaperveteran86 said:

- Truck Driver

- Japanese Rail Sim: Journey to Kyoto

Truck Driver is a good shout I think, I am currently playing On The Road, which is similar. Also I keep wanting to play Japanese Rail Sim, how is it? I have never really heard of anyone play it. 

1 hour ago, Skurkitty said:

Literally any simulator game that looks interesting to you. That's my go-to genre when I want to just casually play something and catch up on a show at the same time. House Flipper 2 comes out on the 10th!

Same here! Absolutely love simulators to just relax and stuff. I suffer from anxiety and PTSD, and those games really help a lot. (Apologies if TMI, I am just an open book)

5 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Life is Strange

Farming Simulator

Heck yes to both of these! FS games are just so relaxing, and for me, I’d say True Colours is great for this especially due to the “cozy small town” setting.

• Like 1

Forgotton Anne

The Gardens Between

Iris.Fall

Concrete Genie

Flipping Death

What Remains of Edith Finch

The Light in the Darkness

My Memory of Us

Shady Part of Me

A Tale Of Paper

Many point-and-clickers and walking simulators are relaxing.