What if we push Mantisco?

To everyone interested in Hunter's Arena: Legends, I guess we all know what happened (servers went back online, Mantisco announced a close shutdown whose exact date would be given and then, suddenly, servers are not working since 10/04).

I am thinking that it seems to be a simple error/issue on the server matchmaking, as you can join the server but not match with other players. That could be the dead of the game anyway if devs decide that they're not gonna fix it due to shutdown being relatively close, but, what if we try spamming them to, at least, have an official confirmation whether they're working on it or we can definitely forget this game.

I've found some ways to contact them and, although I haven't got a reply yet, maybe the more people ask them, the most probably they'll ask (and maybe work on the server):

1. Megalink Discord: https://discord.gg/Ujzk8pPr - Create a ticket here

2. Hunter's Arena Legends Discord: https://discord.gg/E4Jw52vs - There're some devs over there. Just write on the general topic, there's many ppl there requesting info

3. Send email to [email protected] - That's the contact email that appears on the game's web

There's also a Facebook and Twitter page for the game, but it's completely dead with no comments for 2 years xd

Hopefully we're just being dramatic and they're fixed within some days but, tbh, that doesn't smells good to me and there's too much people with the game uncompleted despite having been playing during the last weeks (wasted time) :(

Peace and good luck!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Please do not coordinate a harassment campaign here.

Sadly this already seems to happen, at least on the Discord.

The general channel is full with people spam pinging devs and messages about "publisher boycotting".

3 hours ago, DaivRules said:

By "spamming" please, as individuals, send a message to each of their communication channels.

Please do not coordinate a harassment campaign here.

It's only been one day since the server unexpectedly went offline.

Oh I didn't mean to organise a supercoordinate attack and/or boycot xd I was just wondering if ppl interested in the game could try to communicate, individually, with the company. Just wondering if it'd be easier to get a reply with 50 ppl asking rather than a couple or crazy freak guys hehe

I know it's only one day, but ppl are freaking panicking (me included, tbh) as the company seems to be totally unreliable and we've put some hours into the game since they announced a close shutdown with an exact date that  was going to be announced either.

Let's see how it ends, but it looks like we won't get an answer and this will become the end of the game...oh hell another uncompleted game in the collection🥴

2 hours ago, sacrifice_002 said:

Well, looks like the game is dead for good.

From the discord chat it seems they don't want to fix the game anymore

So they will shutdown the game pretty fast now without needing to announce the shutdown date .

2 hours ago, sacrifice_002 said:

Well, looks like the game is dead for good.

From the discord chat it seems they don't want to fix the game anymore

So they will shutdown the game pretty fast now without needing to announce the shutdown date unless it fixes itself.

I apologize for the late greetings.
Thank you so much for loving Hunters Arena, 
but Mantisco cant operate normally.

We have no choice but to stop Hunters Arena.

From the official Discord server. Seems like the game is dead for good, as this person is stating that there are no longer any active developers who can fix the issues.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was in their discord long ago. Game started as a bit of a sh*t show. PS4 version's trophies didn't work as intended for a couple of weeks, the time when most people played.

According to an announcement on the game’s official website, the PS servers will close in six months:

https://www.huntersarena.com/announcement/

Unfortunately there is no date on this announcement, but assuming Mantisco posted it at the same time as the others on Steam and Discord, there are still about five months to go.

As of now, the game is online, but matchmaking is still broken rendering all trophies unobtainable. The best place to reach Mantisco is on Discord. I haven’t seen anyone get a response using any other means.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Needles said:

According to an announcement on the game’s official website, the PS servers will close in six months:

https://www.huntersarena.com/announcement/

Unfortunately there is no date on this announcement, but assuming Mantisco posted it at the same time as the others on Steam and Discord, there are still about five months to go.

As of now, the game is online, but matchmaking is still broken rendering all trophies unobtainable. The best place to reach Mantisco is on Discord. I haven’t seen anyone get a response using any other means.

Didn't the devs say on Discord that there are no more developers to even fix its current issues?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Needles said:

Didn't the devs say on Discord that there are no more developers to even fix its current issues?

This.

Mantisco, from October 2023 (first shutdown) to March 2024, sold a game (with microtransaction) that does't work.

Edited by ScyMantis
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Needles said:

Basically, yes, but the servers have been up and down in the past. I’m not sure what causes, or fixes, the matchmaking issue, but it seems to happen without involvement from the devs.

That might be only partly true. The matchmaking issue in Oct, 2023 pretty much started during the time frame when the minimum number of players required to actually start a game was reduced from 12 to 2. That kind of change isn't something that happens spontaneously. My guess is the dev changed the code and then it messed up the matchmaking function somehow along the line.

The recent one is more inexplicable though. Very strange that after months of not working, people could suddenly play again for about 3 weeks before it started having problems again.

BTW, anyone here playing the ps4 version? I'd like to try an experiment. It very likely won't work but no harm in trying.

1 hour ago, RotatingCube said:

That might be only partly true. The matchmaking issue in Oct, 2023 pretty much started during the time frame when the minimum number of players required to actually start a game was reduced from 12 to 2. That kind of change isn't something that happens spontaneously. My guess is the dev changed the code and then it messed up the matchmaking function somehow along the line.

The recent one is more inexplicable though. Very strange that after months of not working, people could suddenly play again for about 3 weeks before it started having problems again.

BTW, anyone here playing the ps4 version? I'd like to try an experiment. It very likely won't work but no harm in trying.

Not sure what you have in mind but I can run the game on two PS4s.

20 minutes ago, Needles said:

Not sure what you have in mind but I can run the game on two PS4s.

Ah, then you could probably do this by yourself. Maybe you've already done it. Basically I wanted to see if turning crossplay off for multiple players changes anything. It's on by default and the toggle to disable it is buried in a bunch of options so I imagine people never bother changing it.

17 minutes ago, RotatingCube said:

Ah, then you could probably do this by yourself. Maybe you've already done it. Basically I wanted to see if turning crossplay off for multiple players changes anything. It's on by default and the toggle to disable it is buried in a bunch of options so I imagine people never bother changing it.

I tried it recently with no luck.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, RotatingCube said:

I actually did but to no avail.

• Like 1

Aww, figured it wasn't going to work. Thanks everyone for responding. I guess all we can do now is wait. Or just occasionally log in the game and see if it works (although it is tough to tell if it's actually fixed and there just aren't others around at the time.)

• Like 1

I'm going to suggest another potential avenue to go down. Contacting Mantisco seems to do little to nothing, so my suggestion is to direct a complaint to Sony. The idea behind this is to bring to their attention that Hunter's Arena is still being sold on the store with limited / no functionality (as it's an online only title). You might think this will get nowhere, but I did a similar thing with a game that was shutting down recently and despite not getting the desired outcome I received a full refund. However... the ideal scenario is that Sony will reach out to Mantisco directly and enquire about resolving the issue.

If you think this is worth pursuing, contact PlayStation via email: [email protected]
And here you can direct them to server shutdown as evidence the game should still be functional: https://www.huntersarena.com/announcement/ 

Sony may require you to undertake some troubleshooting tasks and provide numerous screenshots before offering any potential solutions. Be prepared for a lengthy email exchange. Good luck.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, whittle181 said:

I'm going to suggest another potential avenue to go down. Contacting Mantisco seems to do little to nothing, so my suggestion is to direct a complaint to Sony. The idea behind this is to bring to their attention that Hunter's Arena is still being sold on the store with limited / no functionality (as it's an online only title). You might think this will get nowhere, but I did a similar thing with a game that was shutting down recently and despite not getting the desired outcome I received a full refund. However... the ideal scenario is that Sony will reach out to Mantisco directly and enquire about resolving the issue.

If you think this is worth pursuing, contact PlayStation via email: [email protected]
And here you can direct them to server shutdown as evidence the game should still be functional: https://www.huntersarena.com/announcement/ 

Sony may require you to undertake some troubleshooting tasks and provide numerous screenshots before offering any potential solutions. Be prepared for a lengthy email exchange. Good luck.

You really think that would bring the servers back up?

It's much easier for Mantisco to remove the game from the store than to bring their developers from a game they're currently working on ( which is pretty much being made to grab attention to their discord to show them their crypto currency) to spend their time and the company's money to keep the servers up and running for a certain period of time which would likely be for less than 3 months and for what?  20 players? 30 at max?

It sucks the servers went out before they said it would, but there's not much one can do now. When I started this game, I made jokes with a friend that I deep down knew could happen which was: "watch the servers go down right now and we don't get the platinum". It was a fact that chances were high of this happening because well, the company isn't known for being trustworthy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cynical_Hunter said:

You really think that would bring the servers back up?

It's much easier for Mantisco to remove the game from the store than to bring their developers from a game they're currently working on ( which is pretty much being made to grab attention to their discord to show them their crypto currency) to spend their time and the company's money to keep the servers up and running for a certain period of time which would likely be for less than 3 months and for what?  20 players? 30 at max?

It sucks the servers went out before they said it would, but there's not much one can do now. When I started this game, I made jokes with a friend that I deep down knew could happen which was: "watch the servers go down right now and we don't get the platinum". It was a fact that chances were high of this happening because well, the company isn't known for being trustworthy.

No, probably not. It'd be a long shot... at best. But there's a legitimate chance you get a refund or store credit. I've achieved similar results for other games which have removed their online services without warning. Give it a try, my cynical friend.

31 minutes ago, whittle181 said:

No, probably not. It'd be a long shot... at best. But there's a legitimate chance you get a refund or store credit. I've achieved similar results for other games which have removed their online services without warning. Give it a try, my cynical friend.

Most people that have this game is due to being on PS Plus but it’s worth the shot. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ScyMantis said:

I don't want a refund.

I want them to fix matchmacking!

Me too. But you don't just go contacting Sony demanding a refund. You make them aware of the matchmaking issue, then it's their job to try and resolve it. Once they've exhausted all avenues, from experience they will likely provide some sort of compensation. But during their investigation they will try to fix the problem for you, and who knows perhaps reach out to Mantisco directly. And I'm sure there's more chance of them paying attention to Sony than to any of us shmucks.