I need to buy it AGAIN?

SynecViren

Supposedly it is listed correctly as "Free" on the PS4 Store (on the console itself) I'll have to confirm for myself when I get home from work but others have said it worked (they could have possibly misunderstood the situation though, worth checking for any here who still owns a PS4 though)

Apparently Raji: An Unexpected Journey on PS5 is supposed to be a "Free Upgrade" for existing PS4 Owners as well but that is also not appearing as such for me so I'm guessing there's some weird issue on PSNs side atm? 🤷‍♂️ 

Edit/Update: Managed to get it through the PS4 Store... Hope you guys kept hold of it so you can bypass PlayStation Support 😅

Edited by MRR---OFFICIAL

So say you're subscribed to PS Plus Premium, and have claimed one (or more) of these games, so it now has the PS Plus logo on them in the Library, but are eligible for a free upgrade either from the PS3/Vita era (or otherwise), how does one fix these sorts of license issues? The only way is the Support bot?

Sony really needs to fix it and make sure licenses don't overlap or overwrite with an "inferior" one in any possible case.

Edited by MonkeyAlienBruce

On 4/17/2024 at 6:52 AM, MRR---OFFICIAL said:

Supposedly it is listed correctly as "Free" on the PS4 Store (on the console itself) I'll have to confirm for myself when I get home from work but others have said it worked (they could have possibly misunderstood the situation though, worth checking for any here who still owns a PS4 though)

Apparently Raji: An Unexpected Journey on PS5 is supposed to be a "Free Upgrade" for existing PS4 Owners as well but that is also not appearing as such for me so I'm guessing there's some weird issue on PSNs side atm? 🤷‍♂️ 

Edit/Update: Managed to get it through the PS4 Store... Hope you guys kept hold of it so you can bypass PlayStation Support 😅

I'm assuming you owned the PS1 Classics version as well?
I don't wanna redeem the wrong thing seeing as I actually own that version too.

I knew there was a reason I kept that system around.

A week later and still nothing. It doesn't work on the website either. The same thing happened with Rally Cross not too long ago and that eventually got fixed.

1 hour ago, xtrminator05 said:

Just redeemed it yesterday for free on my PS5 with no issues whatsoever, bought it on PS3 years ago.

Hopefully you guys are also able to get it now.

The issue is only there if you're subscribed to Premium specifically. After contacting support and asking them to remove the already redeemed PS Plus licenses for some of the games, I was suggested that if I want to try to redeem the free upgrades separate of the subscription, I'd have to let it lapse and see if I can do it then.

I was able to download my free copy after owning it on ps3. As MRR mentioned, I got it by accessing the store via the PS4 console. The store on mobile and PS5 didn't work for me and when I tried contacting PS support they weren't very helpful.

Try the PS4 store if you can. If not you might have better luck with PS support than I did.

On 4/16/2024 at 7:36 PM, Fing3rButt3r3 said:

How dare this not be free upgrade.

How dare we not get something we've paid for yeah.. its free on premium too and have that and I STILL have to pay for it. Imagine that. Somehow finding a way to make premium more useless by making you pay for games you should have already. So I bought it on ps3/vita back in the day and have bought Premium and get shafted twice. Thanks Sony lol

1 minute ago, den-69 said:

How dare we not get something we've paid for yeah.. its free on premium too and have that and I STILL have to pay for it. Imagine that. Somehow finding a way to make premium more useless by making you pay for games you should have already. So I bought it on ps3/vita back in the day and have bought Premium and get shafted twice. Thanks Sony lol

You could try sharing your username and region over in the PS Classics issues thread, where this issue has come up:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/138018-playstation-classics-issues/?do=findComment&comment=2978026

Other than that they're asking people to continue to open a support cases with Sony to report the issue and hopefully get it resolved.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...