Quick guide for platinum with Cheats

Musashiden777

Nice guide and everything looks great to me, except Cemetery Hill and possibly the Witches’ Familiar trophy.

You don't need to die in 5 different unique methods for Deathly Smorgasbord.
Just killing yourself in the lava over and over again would work.

There's also no need to climb to the top of the hill for Rock Wrangler.
Skipping the level from the beginning with the level cheat unlocks it.

Witches’ Familiar has you complete both witch quests, so it didn't unlock for me upon doing the The Pumpkin Serpent quest.
I also had to complete the witch's quest in The Ant Caves and the trophy popped upon being given more chicken drumsticks.

Edited by evilkuja
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

For the 5 deaths I read it was needed 5 ways and I didn't try otherwise, I will edit that part then, same for Rock Wrangler, thanks for your feedback!

For the Witches'Familiar the trophy seems a bit odd, during my PS4 part I just did the Serpent's quest then I used super cheat when I entered Enchanted Earth and the trophy poped.

But during my PS5 journey I just used super cheat when I entered The Pumpking Serpent then I did the quest and the trophy poped when I came back, I never entered Enchanted Earth before.

This is probably because the super cheat give the dragon's gems and when doing the first quest you receive a dragon's gem too and the trophy poped, but I am not sure at all, the only thing I am sure I never did the second quest. :D

Edited by Musashiden777
  • Like 1

This is probably because the super cheat give the dragon's gems and when doing the first quest you receive a dragon's gem too and the trophy poped, but I am not sure at all, the only thing I am sure I never did the second quest.

I did the pumpkin mission twice with the super cheat and the trophy popped. It registers the 2 dragon's gems. It does not matter where they are from.  

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Musashiden777 said:

For the 5 deaths I read it was needed 5 ways and I didn't try otherwise, I will edit that part then, same for Rock Wrangler, thanks for your feedback!

For the Witches'Familiar the trophy seems a bit odd, during my PS4 part I just did the Serpent's quest then I used super cheat when I entered Enchanted Earth and the trophy poped.

But during my PS5 journey I just used super cheat on the Serpent Pumpkin fight then I did the quest and the trophy poped when I came back, I never entered Enchanted Earth before.

This is probably because the super cheat give a the dragon's gem and when doing the first quest you receive a dragon gem too and the trophy poped, but I am not sure at all.

Glad I could help! I know it was "Die 7 different ways." in the remake, but now it's "Get a Game Over 5 times." That's likely where people get confused.

3 minutes ago, paultje118 said:

I did the pumpkin mission twice with the super cheat and the trophy popped. It registers the 2 dragon's gems. It does not matter where they are from.  

That explain our confusion on that trophy, plus a nice quick and reliable method! 😅

Edited by evilkuja
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, paultje118 said:

Ah that's another way to do it I guess, I will add it as alternative method then, thanks you!

Edited by Musashiden777
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, TheDarkKratos said:

This isn't unlocking for me. Anyone else have the same issue? I tried a couple of times. But no luck.

Take the life bottle behind the wall to unlock Healthiest Man Alive - Er Dead.

Are you sure you already have 8 Life bottle when you pick it?
Any extra life bottle should unlock the trophy, I also tried it with the 2 chalices reward and it worked too, you could try that.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, TheDarkKratos said:

This isn't unlocking for me. Anyone else have the same issue? I tried a couple of times. But no luck.

Same problem for me, i’ve already 8 health bottles and i’ve take one more and the trophy didn’t popped up for me 

• Like 1

Witches familiar glitched out for me. I did the pumpkin quest and it didn't pop. I wasn't able to do the quest a second time. adding another talisman to my inventory did nothing, completing the mission and reentering it did nothing. So I go do the ant quest, completed that and the trophy still didn't pop. I have two dragon gems in my inventory. I'll just have to try again on a new save.

Edited by VanDeaM
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, VanDeaM said:

Witches familiar glitched out for me. I did the pumpkin quest and it didn't pop. I wasn't able to do the quest a second time. adding another talisman to my inventory did nothing, completing the mission and reentering it did nothing. So I go do the ant quest, completed that and the trophy still didn't pop. I have two dragon gems in my inventory. I'll just have to try again on a new save.

Did you collect all the pieces of amber during the ant quest? I believe it only counts if you do.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, blake__306 said:

Did you collect all the pieces of amber during the ant quest? I believe it only counts if you do.

No I didn't, i'll try that

Edit* - I collected all of the amber and got the trophy. shout out to Blake and OP for making the guide. Thank You!

Edited by VanDeaM
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TheDarkKratos said:

2 hours ago, Musashiden777 said:

Are you sure you already have 8 Life bottle when you pick it?
Any extra life bottle should unlock the trophy, I also tried it with the 2 chalices reward and it worked too, you could try that.

1 hour ago, iiLegenD_x4 said:

Same problem for me, i’ve already 8 health bottles and i’ve take one more and the trophy didn’t popped up for me 

For Healthiest Man Alive trophy, change your Stored Energy number from 2,700 to 2,490. This will remove a Life Bottle from your stockpile. Then go to Dan’s Crypt, smash down the hidden wall with your Hammer, then grab the life bottle inside to pop the trophy.

To break it down better, when using the cheats, your life count maximizes at 2,700. The trophy pops at 2,500, which is why you need to turn down your stored energy to remove a life bottle and pick up another one to pop the trophy. My friend @Ivan-A145 told me about it on PS Messages. 👍🏻

Edited by Lil-Gameboy123
  • Like 2

Just a general quick note on saving. With Medievil Resurrection you could save the in game-cheats with the options/rewind menu.

I tried it with Medievil, and the same thing worked for me. if you use the cheats, then close the app, you have to re-add the cheats.

But if you make a quick save with options, then it retains the cheats & save. At least that's how it's working for me. It saves time too.

2 hours ago, Lil-Gameboy123 said:

To break it down better, when using the cheats, your life count maximizes at 2,700. The trophy pops at 2,500, which is why you need to turn down your stored energy to remove a life bottle and pick up another one to pop the trophy. My friend @Ivan-A145 told me about it on PS Messages. 👍🏻

Thanks. that worked. I had to turn the number down even further than 2490. But thanks again.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Has the game been patched to disable trophies with the cheats? I havent installed it yet

Yes. A patch 1.02 was out to adjust bugs. Tested healthiest man alive trophy cheat. Did not pop when I did what the original comment here said. The cheats disable trophies. I even decided to go back to level 1 to complete it with cheats. No trophies popped. So did a new game with no cheats. Now it starts popping for doing what is needed. Cheats disable trophies 

Edited by kazuki20

18 minutes ago, kazuki20 said:

Yes. A patch 1.02 was out to adjust bugs. Tested healthiest man alive trophy cheat. Did not pop when I did what the original comment here said. The cheats disable trophies. I even decided to go back to level 1 to complete it with cheats. No trophies popped. So did a new game with no cheats. Now it starts popping for doing what is needed. Cheats disable trophies 

Everything still works on PS4 1.02. Might be a PS5 problem

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lil-Gameboy123 said:

For Healthiest Man Alive trophy, change your Stored Energy number from 2,700 to 2,490. This will remove a Life Bottle from your stockpile. Then go to Dan’s Crypt, smash down the hidden wall with your Hammer, then grab the life bottle inside to pop the trophy.

2 hours ago, TheDarkKratos said:

Thanks. that worked. I had to turn the number down even further than 2490. But thanks again.

Well It's written in the guide to set it to 2400. 😋

4 hours ago, lordzeze said:

When you say to save the game do you mean using the in game save option or the save function that is available on all these PS1 classics by pressing the options menu?

Manual save for Cemetery Hill to keep what you did before and going faster in the level when you die, for the last level it's up to you manual or save state, this save is optional if you missed something.

6 hours ago, VanDeaM said:

Damn this trophy seems random then, everybody is unlocking it in a different way, I will add a note to do the second quest just in case but it could be a bug save, happened before with those kind of cheats.

• Like 2

Hi, how did you unlock the Antagonist? I have killed the Ant Queen and nothing happened... I have even used the Super Cheat to get all the necessary amber and fairies.

EDIT: Got it. You have to Super Cheat before killing the boss, kill it WITH RANGED WEAPON, and proceed to the cave below the corpse.

Edited by princefan2407

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, princefan2407 said:

Hi, how did you unlock the Antagonist? I have killed the Ant Queen and nothing happened... I have even used the Super Cheat to get all the necessary amber and fairies.

You have to finish the level by staying on the green mark after beating the boss, you will have a cutscene with the witch and the trophy will unlock, did you try it or you used the cheat menu to complete the level after beating the boss? Could be the issue.

Edited by Musashiden777
  • Like 1