Tales of the Shire: A The Lord of the Rings Game (2024)

Announcement trailer:

Tales of the Shire: A The Lord of the Rings Game is a life sim. game set in Tolkien's Middle-Earth & developed by Wētā Workshop in their digital entertainment debut. The game is coming out for NS, PC, PS5 & XSX.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Pray_4_the_End said:

Why can't we just get another Shadow of Mordor/War sequel/spin-off instead of all this other LoTR shit literally no one wants? Too much to ask I guess...

The fact that WB is convinced live service is the way to go forward...no we don't! 

• Like 3

Perfect.

I can't believe we haven't had this already.

I mean, as we all know...

...the most exciting part of the continent-spanning, hero-questing, war-waging, magic-wielding, sword-swinging, axe-axing, bow-firing, political-intruige-intruiging, enchantment-muttering, sorcerer-ensorcling, spider-battling, dark-riddling, swash-buckling adventure that is the Tolkien universe...

....is the day-to-day lives of the hobbits who didn't leave the Shire...

• Haha 2

This kind of game works pretty well for the Hobbits so I'm glad someone thought of it. The only thing is that the artstyle looks too much like a mobile game and the lighting could use some more work but I will probably be open to getting it somewhere down the road so I can spend many hours making second breakfast, elevenses, luncheon, and afternoon tea.