Would you like to see Dead Island 3?

Definitely, Dead Island is glorious zombie killing fun. Hopefully they learned something during the long development process of 2 that'll let us see 3 in a shorter time span. I'll cross my fingers for before 2030, and sometime during the PS6 life cycle... but I won't hold my breath at the same time.

Posted (edited)

If we don't get a Dead Island 3, it'd make the entire plot of Dead Island 2 completely pointless. That entire games story is built with a sequel in mind so if we never get one, then honestly that's just really bad design

Really hoping we get one though!

Edited by ObsiEez

2 hours ago, TheDarkKratos said:

Yes. Of course. But going by how long the 2nd game took to be released, we should have DI3 by 2035 on PS7🤣

The game was stuck in dev hell for a long time, I think 2 times they changed developers and had to start from scratch. So no wonder it took so long

10 hours ago, HaserPL said:

The game was stuck in dev hell for a long time, I think 2 times they changed developers and had to start from scratch. So no wonder it took so long

Thats true, I imagine if dead island 3 has been greenlighted it probably wont take as long because the series should have a reliable team working on it with a solid plan that builds off dead island 2. Its similar situation to how the ff7 remake had to be started from scratch because the earlier builds when cyberconnect 2 were developing it were not up to thier standard but after cyberconnect were fired development went more smoothly and ff7 rebirth ended up coming in half the time remake took because the project now had a reliable team thats contracted for the long haul.

• Like 1

I didn't care for the first game as it just felt like constant fetch quests while you ran back and forth through the same few hordes of zombies. I think Dying Light 1 was significantly better. But I've heard Dead Island 2 ended up being really good despite its long development time, so I figured I'd give it a shot and bought it recently but haven't gotten around to it yet (I still haven't played Riptide either). So I can't say yes unless I end up actually liking DI2.