Helldivers II Steam delistings

55 minutes ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

Helldivers 2 has been pulled in countries on Steam that are not able to create PSN accounts of their actual region.

I thought Arrowhead claimed there wouldn't be any issues for non PSN countries?

16 minutes ago, majob said:

I thought Arrowhead claimed there wouldn't be any issues for non PSN countries?

There wasn't until something happened which caused 100 countries and territories to be barred from purchasing the game on Steam.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

Helldivers 2 has been pulled in countries on Steam that are not able to create PSN accounts of their actual region.

Do you think there is a risk that Sony will do the same? Pull the game from PSN... in regions where it isn't even sold and on PSN? Can't delist something that doesn't exist.

Helldivers 2 has zero risk of being delisted from PSN any time soon.

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, iriihutoR84 said:

Do you think there is a risk that Sony will do the same? Pull the game from PSN... in regions where it isn't even sold and on PSN? Can't delist something that doesn't exist.

Helldivers 2 has zero risk of being delisted from PSN any time soon.

The full list of places banned has been making it's rounds. Puerto Rico was one of the regions which was pulled from Steam and has some different rules when making a PSN account for that region. Everything right now is happening fast and nobody really knows what's going to be the end result. So some places seem to have PSN to some degree but are now being grabbed by Steam to be delisted for Helldivers 2. The Philippines is another one where they have PSN but are going to get the game pulled from Steam.

https://steamdb.info/sub/137730/history/?changeid=23416542

Edited by Sendai-Horatio
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

I don't do PC anymore but that Helldivers 2 thing is one dumbest things Sony has ever done. Absolutely baffling decision, who the hell thought that was a good idea.

Just hoping there weren't many people who started the game on PC hoping to carry their progress over to PS5 with the promised cross progression, cause that's goodbye to that idea. Glad the kernel level anticheat prevented me from being part of that statistic.

• Confused 2

16 hours ago, shadaik said:

Companies who already did that for their games and their services like Microsoft, Ubisoft and 2K?

i think the issue with this situation is they disabled the requirement and THEN changed it. those other games always had the requirement so people couldnt buy the game and then have it pulled from their library.

you sure as shit know that sony will have this from the get go for marathon, fair games and concord.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EightBitArtist said:

i think the issue with this situation is they disabled the requirement and THEN changed it. those other games always had the requirement so people couldnt buy the game and then have it pulled from their library.

you sure as shit know that sony will have this from the get go for marathon, fair games and concord.

If they're smart, they make it an option but not mandatory. So, they probably make it mandatory.

On 5/7/2024 at 3:39 AM, shadaik said:

If they're smart, they make it an option but not mandatory. So, they probably make it mandatory.

its already going to be mandatory to play GoT Legends when that drops on PC. i agree they should make it optional, but if the other companies you mentioned dont make it optional, then sony sure wont.

They should have made this optional from the start and not a requirement months in. They're drastically cutting their potential player base by a not unsignificant amount. big Sony L on this one. maybe they'll get their heads out of thier asses and figure that out before its too late but i aint holding my breath

Make it optional but give a swanky cape/armour set if you do link accounts.

That was all Sony had to do. It was that easy. Instead, they flubbed this in the worst way possible. Even though they've walked it back and people are changing their negative reviews back, the damage is done. The trust isn't there anymore from PC players and I can't blame them for that.