[Resolved] PS3 P2P Online Games Currently Down - Trophy syncing unaffected

i tried Resident Evil Revelations, the Raid mode is not working, if i search game it says error and if i setup any lobby then it gives infinite loading.

One Piece Pirate Warriors get also infinite loading while setting up a lobby.

3 minutes ago, LoStraniero91 said:

Let's add more to the mix. If I can get a hold of other games, I will test them.

-- Games with P2P online trophies not currently working --

Chivarly: Medieval Warfare (Not working) - "Your connection to PSN has been lost. Now returning to the Title Screen." when trying to host/join a match.
Death Track: Resurrection (Not working) - "Network error!" when trying to host/join a match.
Jimmie Johnson's Anything with an Engine (Not working) - Either Ranked/Quick/Private Custom match softlock until you press the PS button, it will make you join a glitched lobby (you can't see your PSN ID) that you cannot start.
Serious Sam 3: BFE (Not working) - Can host lobbies and start matches, but pressing Invite Friends does nothing and lobbies don't appear in Server List.
Scourge Outbreak (Not working) - "Hosting Failed - Failed to host campaign game. Check your network connection." when trying to host a Co-op Campaign lobby with Session Type to either Private "PSN" or Public "PSN". Versus works, but untested with other players. It has a LAN mode, probably "Co-ordinated Fire and Bathed in Glory" could be done there.
SkyDrift (Not working) - "Can't join game right now, please try again later." when trying to access Multiplayer.
Truck Racer (Not working) - "Unable to create the game." when trying to access Online Race.
Two Worlds II (Not working) - "Server is unavailable. Please try again later." when trying to host/join a match.
Worms (Not working) - "You have failed to connect to the Worms servers." when trying to host/join a match.
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem (Not working) - "The session is no longer available" when trying to host/join a match.

--- Games with P2P online, but without trophies tied to it ---

Greg Hastings Paintball 2 (Not working, offline platinum) - "You must be signed into PlayStation Network to play online"  when trying to access Online mode.
Star Trek (Not working, offline platinum) - When trying to host a match, after a while the game will boot you back to Title Screen. 
Skydive: Proximity Flight (Trophies tied to leaderboards) - Leaderboards show correctly, times/scores can be challenged.
Wrecked: Revenge Revisited (Not working, one trophy tied to leaderboards) - "A connection to the network could not be established. Go to [Settings] > Network Settings] and check your settings." when trying to access PlayStation Network Multiplayer. Ghosts can be downloaded and raced without issues.

--- Potentially afflicted P2P games not in the list that I cannot test (based on my trophy cabinet) ---

Air Conflitcs: Pacific Carriers
Anarchy: Rush Hour
Asphalt: Injection (It has an ad-hoc mode)
Birds of Steel
Blades of Time
BlazeRush
Call of Juarez: The Cartel
Crash Time 4: The Syndicate
Crash Time 5: Undercover
Enemy Front
F1 Race Stars
GRID 2
GTI Club + Rally Cote D'Azur
John Daly's ProStroke Golf
Mayhem 3D
Mindjack
NeverDead
Operation Flashpoint: Red River
Painkiller Hell & Damnation
PDC World Championship Darts: Pro Tour
Pure
R.U.S.E.
Rage
Reality Fighters
Red Faction: Battlegrounds
Ridge Racer (It has an ad-hoc mode, but some trophies require other players)
Rogue Warrior
Rugby Challenge
Ski-Doo Snowmobile Challenge
Sniper Elite V2
Snipers: Invisible, Silent, Deadly
Star Trek: D-A-C
Street Fighter III 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future
Stormrise
Supercar Challenge
Switch Galaxy Ultra
Tekken 6
The Fight: Lights Out
TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled (No online trophies in this one)
Top Gun: Hard Lock
Under Siege
Vancouver 2010
Voltron: Defender of the Universe
Wanted Corp
World of Outlaws: Sprint Cars
Worms 2: Armageddon
Worms Revolution
WSC Real 2011

Neverdead doesn’t work

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

I have literally hundreds of vita and ps3 games I’ve bought and still have to play. I’ve come to terms with the fact that I’ll never play them all but there are tons of ps3/vita games on my shelf I want to play yes. 

Preach!

This thread was the kick in the backside I needed to top up my wallet and finish my PS3/PSVita store purchases on the off chance it's an omen of an impending wind-down of those services. Made my last few (eye-wateringly-full-priced) purchases this afternoon...and relieved to never have to directly touch either of their stores again!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

Loading times for the PS3 are reduced if you install an SSD. It's not going to be as fast as the PS5, but it does help.

Man I still haven't done that.

I'm really interested on how much does the SSD in PS3s help with load times.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Prometheous101 said:

Man I still haven't done that.

I'm really interested on how much does the SSD in PS3s help with load times.

The SSD is a bad idea for PS3. It'll kill the drive pretty quickly. SSDs tend to have much shorter lifespans if an OS does not support them. I don't know how it works, but it's one of the reasons why Windows XP broke SSDs.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, LoStraniero91 said:

Let's add more to the mix. If I can get a hold of other games, I will test them.

Chivarly: Medieval Warfare (Not working) - "Your connection to PSN has been lost. Now returning to the Title Screen." when trying to host/join a match.
Death Track: Resurrection (Not working) - "Network error!" when trying to host/join a match.
Jimmie Johnson's Anything with an Engine (Not working) - Either Ranked/Quick/Private Custom match softlock until you press the PS button, it will make you join a glitched lobby (you can't see your PSN ID) that you cannot start.
Serious Sam 3: BFE (Not working) - Can host lobbies and start matches, but pressing Invite Friends does nothing and lobbies don't appear in Server List.
Scourge Outbreak (Not working) - "Hosting Failed - Failed to host campaign game. Check your network connection." when trying to host a Co-op Campaign lobby with Session Type to either Private "PSN" or Public "PSN". Versus works, but untested with other players. It has a LAN mode, probably "Co-ordinated Fire and Bathed in Glory" could be done there.
SkyDrift (Not working) - "Can't join game right now, please try again later." when trying to access Multiplayer.
Truck Racer (Not working) - "Unable to create the game." when trying to access Online Race.
Two Worlds II (Not working) - "Server is unavailable. Please try again later." when trying to host/join a match.
Worms (Not working) - "You have failed to connect to the Worms servers." when trying to host/join a match.
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem (Not working) - "The session is no longer available" when trying to host/join a match.

Greg Hastings Paintball 2 (Not working, offline platinum) - "You must be signed into PlayStation Network to play online"  when trying to access Online mode.
Star Trek (Not working, offline platinum) - When trying to host a match, after a while the game will boot you back to Title Screen. 
Skydive: Proximity Flight (Trophies tied to leaderboards) - Leaderboards show correctly, times/scores can be challenged.
Wrecked: Revenge Revisited (Not working, one trophy tied to leaderboards) - "A connection to the network could not be established. Go to [Settings] > Network Settings] and check your settings." when trying to access PlayStation Network Multiplayer. Ghosts can be downloaded and raced without issues.

--- Potentially afflicted P2P games not in the list that I cannot test (based on my trophy cabinet) ---

Apache: Air Assault
Birds of Steel
Blades of Time
BlazeRush
Enemy Front
F1 Race Stars
GRID 2
Mayhem 3D
Mindjack
NeverDead
Pure
R.U.S.E.
Rage
Reality Fighters
Rogue Warrior
Rugby Challenge
Sniper Elite V2
Stormrise
Supercar Challenge
Switch Galaxy Ultra
Tekken 6
Under Siege
Vancouver 2010
Wanted Corp
Worms Revolution
WSC Real 2011

i can test Rage

EDIT: i could setup private lobby and start a Road Rage mode solo, if i search public it doesn't work.

Same with Legends co-op mode, private lobby works, public search doesn't

Edited by Goodboy995
correcting the word publoc to public

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, LoStraniero91 said:

Birds of Steel
Blades of Time
BlazeRush
Enemy Front
F1 Race Stars
GRID 2
Mayhem 3D
Mindjack
NeverDead
Pure
R.U.S.E.
Rage
Reality Fighters
Rogue Warrior
Rugby Challenge
Sniper Elite V2
Stormrise
Supercar Challenge
Switch Galaxy Ultra
Tekken 6
Under Siege
Vancouver 2010
Wanted Corp
Worms Revolution
WSC Real 2011

Crash Time 4 and 5 doesn't work

I'll test Pure, Ruse, Supercar Challenge and Worms Revolution  

Pure (Leaderboards are still working but can't Host matches on ranked and player matches)

R.U.S.E (Down)

Supercar Challenge (Down)

Worms Revolution (Down)

Ferrari Challenge (Up)

Deadliest Warrior and Legends (Both Down as they crash during search)

Edited by Ghost-Zeus514
Updates

On 5/28/2024 at 5:56 PM, willmill97 said:

Just creating its own thread here so it doesn't get lost in the other thread, but multiple people are confirming that many many MANY games aren't working as of now. Does anyone know what's going on? 

PS3 Not Working:

Ace Combat: assault horizon

Altered Beast
Awesomenauts
BattleFantasia (Working for some, not others)
Binary Domain
Bioshock 2
Birds of Steel
Blades of Time
BlazBlue: CSE
BlazeRush
Blood Drive
Bodycount
Brutal Legend
Call of Juarez Bound in Blood
Castlevania Harmony of Despair
Chaotic: Shadow Warriors
Chivalry 1
Chronicles of Riddick
Critter Crunch
Dead Island
Dead Island Riptide 
Dead Nation
Dead or Alive 5
Dead Rising 2 & OTR
Deadfall Adventures: Heart of Atlantis
Deep Black
Dengeki Bunko 
Dirt 3
DOOM 3: BFG Edition
Dragonball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi
Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition (Working for some, not others)
Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 and 3
Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce
Earth Defense Force 2025
EDF: Insect Armageddon
Enemy Front
F1 2010-2014
F1 Race Stars
Fighting Climax (Working for some, not others)
Final Fight Double Impact
Front Mission: Evolved
Fuel Overdose

Golden Axe
Greg Hastings Paintball 2
Grid 2
Grid Autosport
GTA 4 (Invite private works, public does not)
Guilty Gear XX

Hard Corps: Uprising

Hawx 1 & 2
Ill-2 Sturmovic: Birds of Prey
Inversion 
Jimmie Johnson's Anything With An Engine (DG & Disc)

Kane and Lynch 2
King of Fighters 13
Kung Fu Panda Showdown of Legendary Legends
Lost Planet 3
Marvel vs Capcom 3

Marvel vs Capcom 3 Ultimate

Mayhem 3D
MGS 3 Peace Walker
Mindjack
Minecraft 
MK Arcade Kollection
Monster Monpiece
MotoGP, All 8. 
Mx Vs Atv Alive+Supercross 

naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3

NASCAR: Days of Thunder
Naughty Bear
NeverDead

Ninja Gaiden 2 & 3

Payday: The Heist
Persona 4 Arena

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Pure

Quantum Theory
R.U.S.E.
Rage
Ratchet and Clank All for One
Ratchet and Clank Full frontal assault
Reality Fighters
Red Dead Redemption

Red Faction Armageddon 
Red Faction Guerrilla
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 6

Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City

Resident Evil Revelations 1 & 2
Ride

RIPD The Game
Rogue Warrior

Rugby Challenge
Sacred 2
Sacred 3
Sacred Citadel

Sanctum 2
Scourge Outbreak
Sega Rally Online Arcade
Serious Sam 3 

Simpsons Arcade Game (No online trophies however)

Skydrift

Sniper Elite 3
Sniper Elite V2
Sniper Ghost Warrior 1
Sniper Ghost Warrior 2
Sonic Racing Both games
Sonic The Hedgehog 2

Soul Calibur 2 HD Collection
Soul Calibur 5

Spelunker HD

Split Second

Star Trek

Star Wars Pinball

Stormrise

Stormrise

Street Fighter 4

Street Fighter x Tekken 

Streets of Rage 2

Supercar Challenge

Switch Galaxy Ultra

Tekken 6

Tetris Ultimate
Thexder Neo
Time Crisis: Razing Storm

Tomb Raider

Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD

Tron Evolution 
Truck Racer

Two Worlds 2

UFC 2009
Under Siege
Uno
Vancouver 2010

Wanted Corp

Warhammer 40k Space Marine

Worms

Worms Revolution

Worms World Mayhem

WRC5

WSC Real 2011
Zeno Clash 2

PS3 Working Games:

AC Black Flag 

Battlefield 3+4+Hardline 

Call of Duty (All)

Infamous Festival of Blood

Mass Effect 3

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2

VITA not working 

Dead Nation

Drive Girls

Earth Defense Force 2

EDF 2017

Gundam Breaker 3 Break Edition Supremacy 

Minecraft

MMA Unrestricted 

Resistance Burning Skies
Silent Hill Book of Memories
Sonic Racing
Street Fighter x Tekken 
Unit 13
Worms Revolution Extreme
Zombie Tycoon 2

You added the untested games too... I think you should wait for a confirmation before doing that. 

14 minutes ago, Goodboy995 said:

i can test Rage

EDIT: i could setup private lobby and start a Road Rage mode solo, if i search public it doesn't work.

Same with Legends co-op mode, private lobby works, public search doesn't

By working you mean you can also invite other players?

Just now, SnowxSakura said:

SSD loads time also smoke HDDs on Serious Sam 3. You'll be done loading the level by the time the HDD partner is only around 30% of the level loaded

Too bad it can't improve the N64 graphic.

1 minute ago, LoStraniero91 said:

By working you mean you can also invite other players?

other games already failed with setting up the lobby, in Rage i invited noone, could start both mode solo in private lobby.

Public search doesn't work at all.

If someone have here the game installed then we could try invite, is not a small game to install :D

I guarantee that 95% of the remaining PS3 and Vita games that are still "online" or P2P are all down for the time being. Almost all of the games with official servers have been shut down at this point. Give it a week or two, play single player, clean up your unfinished games, or hop on that PS4 or PS5 online grind that most of you probably need to do. No need to fear monger and believe this is the end of times because someone at HQ tripped over a wire and hasn't noticed yet. Sony'll figure it out at some point, and if they don't, so be it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

So I think it's safe to say ALL ps3 games with p2p matchmaking are affected. Enemy Front is down, freezes console when attempting to load multiplayer. Bit of a shame because that 1 guy from Russia who comes online just to grief boosters must be devastated. Boosters on this know who he is. 

• Haha 4

Update for the list:

-Destiny (working, all modes are available ) 

-Dustforce (cant create lobby but can access leaderboards) 

-tekken tag tournament 2 (error when trying to search) 

- tekken 6 (not working) 

• Like 1