do not purchase uplay awards

LeonXilofin

there is currently a bug that happens after you purchase the uplay car or golden gun(not sure about the avatar). You won't be able to play on your current save anymore because everytime you load it up it gets stuck at 90%. You can still start a new game since only seems to affect you if you already have a save at the time of purchasing. If you already got the bug apparently deleting the game and reinstalling helps some people but I wasn't as fortunate. I'm currently to far into it to really want to start a new game so im stuck waiting for them to fix it. Just thought id give a heads up for anyone else thinking of getting the uplay awards.

An article about the matter http://www.hngn.com/articles/32735/20140531/watch-dogs-bug-keeps-gamers-from-loading-their-saved-game-data.htm

Edited by LeonXilofin

Already purchased. Hopefully by the time I get 90% into the game it'll be patched.

And is the bug a multi-platform issue?

I think the idea is that the game doesn't load whatsoever, as in:

it hangs at Loading: 90%...

rather than the game failing to progress insofar as actual gameplay goes.

if it's working for you, though, then that indicates that the issue is an isolated incident.

I think the idea is that the game doesn't load whatsoever, as in:

it hangs at Loading: 90%...

rather than the game failing to progress insofar as actual gameplay goes.

if it's working for you, though, then that indicates that the issue is an isolated incident.

Oh, I got you now - misread the original post. I've noticed the initial load takes quite a while, but that's a pretty frustrating bug if it won't even let you finishing load the game. :(

Got mine today. Figured what the hell I haven't achieved much so far. Seems to have worked fine. It's a nice car. 

I find it strange how some people experience issues and others don't. Wonder what it is that's gone wrong for some people!? 

Not just with this game either. Seen alot of PS4 issues around the forums, yet it only effects a handful of people.

either its already patched or i lucked out, bought all uplay rewards at the same time around 40-50% in game and trophies, im at 97.5% in game and 100% in trophies, never had a single thing glitching up on me.