Trouble With "Social Lubrication" Trophy

xzeusyx

The two points in one circle by far gave me the most issues.  What ended up working for me was to ignore one of the circles initially (let's say the "R" circle).  I focused on getting the "L" one in the circle first and keeping it steady, as close to the left side as possible.  Then I SLOWLY moved the right one towards the circle.  If I went to fast, and they ended up overlapping, I was done.  Be very subtle in your movements and try not to overreact and make big corrections. 

Edited by SP_Sundevil

I didn't find this trophy too troubling, I found the ones where you had to hold the triggers centered to be more difficult then the ones where you had to mash buttons. I think it was the 8th game at Pawnee that was the hardest for me.I have the plat now and I can only say just don't get frustrated that will only get you more unfocused.

This trophy can be difficult for those people that don't have quick reaction times, or are twitchy with the analog sticks, etc. Personally I didn't really have too much trouble with any of them (I only messed up the Pawnee ones where the L and R are inverted and reversed), but I suppose I can offer some tips.

The symbol ones are fairly simple - try and knock out as many symbols on one half of the screen as you can at once. If you head back to get symbols you missed, you're just wasting time. For the symbols that rotate between two different symbols, try and look ahead to what the symbol will change to and be prepared to hit the other symbol as you pass it. It sounds hard, but you'll get used to it eventually (the time pressure will force you to). And it goes without saying, but learn the layout of the buttons, of course.

For the sticks, you really need to maintain a good deal of control over both. Light taps on the sticks will bump the L or R slightly and you need to learn how much they move when you tap the stick. For ones that are ? and ? you will have to figure out which is which, so work on figuring out L first, position it to the left side, and then move R. For the ones that have L and R inverted, take them real slow (or even turn your controller upside-down if you're having REAL trouble). You have considerably more time than you think, and it just takes practice.

Hope that helps anyone struggling with all 3. I can see how this will be the hardest trophy in the game for some people.

Urgh this one is going to be a long grind.  Completely takes you out of the main game and tbh doesn't feel like it belongs in the game at all.  With just a couple of scan evasions and the last 5 missions to go this trophy is already feeling like the death of enjoyment for the game.

My brain is melting on the twin stick ones, so will be drafting in the wife next time I take a run at it.

Up to level 6 in the loop and 3/4 in the other 2.

Just want these damn drinking games done so I can move on to Infamous Second son.

I give up on this.  Finished the Loop and the Wards but stuck at level 6 in Pawnee and I refuse to waste any more time on it.  This trophy ruined what was a pretty good game overall.  I will come back and get it if they patch it, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I give up on this.  Finished the Loop and the Wards but stuck at level 6 in Pawnee and I refuse to waste any more time on it.  This trophy ruined what was a pretty good game overall.  I will come back and get it if they patch it, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

How does a miscellaneous trophy ruin the game? No offense but i think you as well as others are being a tad over the top and irrational. It isn't required and it doesn't take away anything from the core game itself. The game was still fun to play without even attempting these little side games

The game doesn't need a patch considering it's a manageable trophy to get (8.14% as of writing this now). Just be careful with your movements. It's really not too hard to get as long as you're careful. Level 6 in Pawnee is the hardest one. The rest are a breeze trust me

Any tips you can share? ill take anything at this point.

I did it with my sister, she was holding 1 side of the controller and I was holding the other, I also told her when she is supposed to click R2 and I got the moving circles all of them in 2nd or 3rd time ;)

I'm still playing through the game and side quests so I give these a bash each time I'm near by on the map. Gradually progressing but after I fail a couple of times I move onto something else before getting too frustrated. Only failed lvl 5 Pawnee by a fraction of a second, frustrating yes but next time.... next time....

Guaranteed this will be my last Trophy to get from the game. Although saying that I have alot more songs to collect.

I did it with my sister, she was holding 1 side of the controller and I was holding the other, I also told her when she is supposed to click R2 and I got the moving circles all of them in 2nd or 3rd time ;)

Thanks, I knew about the help of extra hands but I live alone so it's not an option.

How does a miscellaneous trophy ruin the game? No offense but i think you as well as others are being a tad over the top and irrational. It isn't required and it doesn't take away anything from the core game itself. The game was still fun to play without even attempting these little side games

The game doesn't need a patch considering it's a manageable trophy to get (8.14% as of writing this now). Just be careful with your movements. It's really not too hard to get as long as you're careful. Level 6 in Pawnee is the hardest one. The rest are a breeze trust me

I'm glad you found the drinking game a breeze.  While the rest of the game is fun and relatively easy and relaxing, this trophy is just way out of line and just takes far too long to complete, and overall just poorly implemented. I stopped pouring time into it after 10 hours. It isn't required, no trophy is but some people like platinums.  The 8.14%  you mentioned only reflects the people that update to this site.  The overall amount of people who have this is less than 1% if you check on PSN.

Also, in the ubisoft forums there are currently 50 pages of frustration on this trophy.  The most popular thread by a long shot.

There is no trick to it and it comes to you with a little time. I think it took me a total of 3 hours to go through all 3. I found The Loop's last shot on level 10 to be the hardest. Got through Pawnee in 3 tries. The best advice I can give:

Inverted ones: Most of you know to just turn the controller around

Opposite side sticks: This frustrated me the most. I found it's best to just focus on one stick and don't even look at the other one until you have one steady in the middle. Then go move the other to the circles. Your mind should be able to keep the first one steady long enough to fill the bars.

Button presses: Kind of obvious here, but when you are at the stages where more buttons appear when you press. Always look around for the one with the time bar winding down. Don't be pressured into just getting the closest one to you.

I'm glad you found the drinking game a breeze.  While the rest of the game is fun and relatively easy and relaxing, this trophy is just way out of line and just takes far too long to complete, and overall just poorly implemented. I stopped pouring time into it after 10 hours. It isn't required, no trophy is but some people like platinums.  The 8.14%  you mentioned only reflects the people that update to this site.  The overall amount of people who have this is less than 1% if you check on PSN.

Also, in the ubisoft forums there are currently 50 pages of frustration on this trophy.  The most popular thread by a long shot.

I agree that it was poorly implemented. It doesn't mesh well with the flow of the game, however I just don't want the game's name sullied based on a silly side trophy. People are quick to throw things under the bus. I was strictly referring to this site considering this is a heavily involved site in regards to trophies. So if just under 10% of people that own it on this site I'm inclined to think that it isn't nearly as hard as some other trophies/achievements that I have gotten before; that's all Im saying. I know its a frustrating one but I didn't think it was buggy at all. That's why all the flak that it is getting really surprises me.

Edited by Zeusy

I agree that it was poorly implemented. It doesn't mesh well with the flow of the game, however I just don't want the game's name sullied based on a silly side trophy. People are quick to throw things under the bus. I was strictly referring to this site considering this is a heavily involved site in regards to trophies. So if just under 10% of people that own it on this site I'm inclined to think that it isn't nearly as hard as some other trophies/achievements that iI have gotten before; that's all Im saying. I know its a frustrating one but I didn't think it was buggy at all. That's why all the flak that it is getting really surprises me.

I'm in the same boat - not to sound snobby at all or anything, but it's far from the hardest trophy / achievement ever created and certainly far from the most difficult mini game ever conceived. I barely struggled with it at all and it genuinely surprises me that so many people are finding it so difficult (again, not to sound like a jerk - it's just actually surprising).

I mean, sure, it's hard - but I don't see why it needs to be patched or fixed. It's completely obtainable with enough attempts and if you don't get it the first few times, you can study the order of actions thrown at you.  

EDIT: I read about this being a nightmare for the PC version and I can totally understand why it would be so unfairly difficult on that platform.

Edited by Kr1st0ph_212
  • Like 1

For me its more the fact my reactions are crap.

I see this Trophy as a massive leap in difficulty compared to the rest of the game for someone of my skill level.

Get a big gun and pepper things with bullets. Thats how I roll. This seems alot more suited to the people who nail headshots while spinning through the air backwards with a pistol.

Can the less fortunate of skill get a focus button please? Pretty please? Gowan.

• Like 1

I'm having the most trouble with the twin-stick parts. I keep failing level 7 in the Loop. I can't keep my eyes on both sticks at the same time and one of them goes out of place when I'm paying attention to the other one. I really need someone to help me on that one. 

Yes, a Focus button to keep the reticles and circles from moving on their own would be nice. Allowing us to use Focus boosts to refill Focus by pressing R1 would be nice as well. That way, the trophy would definitely be worth a bronze, rather than a gold as it is.

Edited by ROBOCRIPPLE_

Finally got this today. It clicked for me when I realized my brain was ignoring the letter on the reticule and trying to control whatever was on the left with the left stick and whatever was on the right with the right. If they ever got switched I had to make a point to move one over to the proper side of the screen. The level 10 bits where the bubble made you keep the right stick on the left side and vice versa were killer, though.

Reading the rage on some other sites makes my pain seem somewhat diminished. I've given up and moved on for now. I can come back to it at a later date although I cannot ever see myself getting this Trophy. It's a real shame with the rest being so very simple.