Trouble With "Social Lubrication" Trophy

xzeusyx

anyone know the chances of this getting patched??

I'm going to go ahead and say zero chance, way too many people have completed it. Although i haven't even popped the game in  over a month I don't look forward to that hell again. It sucks to know that so many people have completed it and you can't (myself included).

Much easier to get both inside, then focus on one. Your brain should keep the other one inside the circle .

So true. The ones where the R is on the left side of the screen and L is on the right are extremely annoying, but it just takes persistence. I got the Plat the first week the game came out, and other than SongSneak, this was the longest and hardest trophy. And his tip works. Although for me I found going cross-eyed during these made focusing on controlling them both at the same time much more easier, well not necessarily cross-eyed, but staring at the middle of the screen without focusing on one. Doing so will prevent the loss of one, which you then have to focus on that one, and it just makes you lose. 

Yesterday I was very happy to complete all 10 in Pawnee but level 6 was my achilles heel, time and time again I could always get to the one where you have to hold the left and right stick in the centre of the screen and even overlapping just one of the them it confuses you and your brain just can't adjust it enough in time before you pass out.

Hopefully the last two are a cake walk in comparison.

The social lubricant trophy I finally have, some of the players you face in online hacking are absolutely useless, which ain't such a bad thing if you need the trophy.

Try as the may to find you but the amount of times I have hidden from them in places you can see a mile away and they will casually run right past from you and you think to yourself, how the hell did you not see me?

I'm level 9 in 2 of them and level 5 in pawnee.  Giving this trophy till next friday and then listing it on amazon.  It is the only trophy I have left for the platinum on this abomination of a game and I'm pretty much done ever touching this game.  Never thought I could hate an open world game more than AC3.  There are games I really want to play just waiting for this thing to be over.  I hate this mini game, so glad I didn't buy the season pass because this game even without the insanely dumb trophies is at best a 6.5.  I had more fun playing Terminator Salvation.

Edited by dodgedoors
  • Like 1

I really hope they don't patch it. I want the platinum to stay at least very rare. If they make it any easier, everyone and their mom will be able to get it.

What happened to having difficult trophies, man? We are getting a bit too soft nowadays. I don't like this generation of gaming where if something stands before as challenging or slightly difficult we immediately go up in arms and attack the developer. We want things to be difficult, yet achievable by the masses? People are acting like the game wronged them, but where in the game does it say this trophy was supposed to be easy? 

There are supposed to be trophies like this; ones not for the faint of heart. Like I have also stated before this is a bit unwarranted considering nine percent of the people on this site (which is a good pool of scaling the challenge of a trophy since most of the members are adamant on collecting them) who have bought Watch Dogs have indeed unlocked the trophy. It's not like it is hovering around one or two percent. I could name quite a few other trophies that are right in the same ballpark of percentages, yet they aren't being attacked to nearly the same degree.

These are trophies from games from roughly the same sample size of players (about 40,000 and up) with trophies below 10 percent:

Call of Duty Ghosts: Trash Picker, Completionist

Mercenary Kings: Baron Bashing, Blast Fighter, Cold Hearted, Favorite, Grim Reaper, Hoarder, Is That a Knife, Jack of All Trades, Liberator, Medic, Coronation, Craftsman, Foodie, Major Pain, Pistol Pro, Speed Runner, The Bionic Merc, Decorator, World Hero, Five Star General

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag: All Rounder, Committed To The Cause

Dead Nation: Tough Enough, Morbid Curiosity, Double the Action, Skilled, Car Killer, Top Gear, King of Looters, Memento Collector, Never Give Up, Keep It Up, Combo Master, Dynamic Duo, Found 'Em

Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes: Unlocked

Outlast: Pulizter, Lunatic

Pixel Jump Shooter Ultimate: Turtle Soup, Obtainer of Rare Antiquities, Ah What a Fun Day For Science!, Cave of Wonders, If You Are Going Through Hell, Keep Going, Smoke Me a Kipper, I'll Be There For Breakfast, One Giant Leap, 

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition: Shopaholic, True Commitment

Warframe: Brawler Proficiency, Dagger Proficiency, Heavy Weapon Proficiency, Pole Proficiency, Shuriken Proficiency, Bow Proficiency, Shotgun Proficiency 

Yes, I know that it does not fit in the ebbs and flows of the game and can be a tedious trophy for people. I completely agree that they could forgone implementing the trophy in the game all together. However, we cannot simply demand patches for something that is burdensome. I think people posted good tips here in order for you to get this elusive trophy. At the end of the day the trophy is simply not at fault and it is especially, by no means, a reason to bash the game.

If you didn't like Watch Dogs, that is completely understandable and I completely see where you are coming from. It's an interesting game concept, but with out a doubt it could have used more polish. The graphics are below the standard for a next generation game, Aden is about as interesting as a pile of rocks, the main villain isn't very polarizing, a few of the final side missions are completely underwhelming, the hacking "games" become a nuisance after the first few times, the multiplayer is a novelty, and for a sandbox game it is still paradoxically very narrow in the choices you can make for the missions.  But to say that it is a complete piece of shit for this trophy? That's just a weak excuse to cover your inadequacies in regards to admitting that there are just some trophies out there that are quite simply hard to get. 

Edited by Zeusy
  • Like 1

See the problem with this is the fact that they made it too hard and it has nothing to do with the game itself. Its fine to have the unlocks like that, but why the trophy?

I agree it really doesn't play into the game at all. But other games have done this before; especially open world games I think that they wanted to implement a trophy into one of their numerous quirky side games and they found this one to be the middle ground. I personally found the drug induced games to be more difficult than this

I don't think they should patch the trophy either, it's not like the trophy is impossible to obtain so why should they bother changing it?

The way things are going achieving trophies won't mean shit as there will be no real challenge or skill in order to achieve platinum. 

• Like 1

I guess I got lucky, but I had little issues with this trophy. I found it rather easy. The only trouble I had was level 10 in The Loop. Only failed it about 3 or 4 times and that was it. Pawnee was rather easy, after all the talk, I was expecting something much worse.

Are they really going to patch it!? Wow. Didn't expect this. As one of the 90% of gamer's who haven't got this I can now let out a little yelp of joy. I agree with everyone who's now feeling put out that they have already achieved this Trophy. Respect to those people. 

I'm just glad because there was nothing in the game that offered much of a challenge and then there was this.... Maybe now it will fit in with the lvl of difficulty of the entire game.

How are they patching it exactly!? I mean for me it wasn't so much the difficulty of it, it was more having to go through every stage again when you cock up. As I always failed the last one I tended to only give them a few attempts before giving up. I could never really settle into the rhythm because I just could not stick at it long enough. Watched a video of Pawnee lvl 10. Didn't look overly hard but I was put off merely by the amount of stages there were. Suppose that's the thing though, the committed have this Trophy...

Had no problem at all with the Pawnee drinking game i literally breezed through it but i still need to do the other 2 Drinking games for this trophy.

To be honest i want this trophy to be partially patched *something like make it a Miss able trophy so you still get platinum if you hate this minigame* but don't tone the difficult down cause the people that actually earned this will be more pissed

then the gamer that are aggressive towards this trophy just because it kinda has a challenging hand/view coordination ! 

The difficulty wouldn't be an issue if you didn't spend 95% of the time NOT PLAYING THE DRINKING GAME while you are playing the drinking game.  Then you could get some good practice time, rather than wasting time.  There is definitely some skill involved, good hand eye co-ordination, as well as a good memory.  BUT, much of this is countered by the huge degree of randomness.  It isn't predictable, there is no pattern to the "drunkenness" so it's really tough to make adjustments without making things worse.

Also, there are problems - the timer times out before it should sometimes, and the L2/R2 triggers do not always register.  

The idea of HAVING A PERSON HELPING YOU means the trophy is too hard.  To me there is little difference between A) a patch to lower difficulty and B) a second person on the other half of the controller.

@malfuras - 0.9% of people have this trophy that are on PSN, while psnprofiles trophy hunters are at a whopping with 9% achievement.

THE PATCH should increase actual play time (better spawn, and less re-doing of completed parts) and fix the problems with the timer and triggers.  I don't care if they change difficulty of the game, I love a challenge, but I hate wasting time and getting mad when I'm completing but getting screwed by game issues.

Edited by audiopile

Trust me once you begin this garbage all laughter goes out the window. I want to do murderous things to the people that had a hand in this part of the game.

I got the plat thought it was easy didnt have any issues loved the game just be patient and retry another day that always helps me when i start to get frustrated with a section just refresh yourself and try again another day

I found this trophy very easy, the first two people wee easy and I never failed one. The third (Extreme Level) wasn't that hard, I ha a few fails but spawned outside the bar so I really don't see the big deal. Overall this game overall has a difficulty rating of 2/10. Scanproof is actually the hardest trophy.

Level 5 and 6 are very difficult (Pawnee drinking games) after that I cleared them on my first try.I´ve spent 2-3 hours on level 5 and 6,and my tip is to watch the videos on youtube and copy the pattern they use  when you need to push buttons, and you can use second person to hold another analog stick(my brother was holding left analog stick, I was holding right in levels when you need to to be in the correct circle).If you do it alone, then you will need 10-15 attempts more...In levels that have inverse controls(orange color buttons) switch your controller options (invert x and y),and after that turn it off.They are not that difficult,but they are extremely frustrating...My worst trophy was "Traced",because nobody was tailing me....

• 2 weeks later...

i just got it after 15 hours suffer. one of most annoying  trophy i ever had to deal. very bad control, boring and based on luck. Im still thinking they should patch it. this stupid mini game should not be a barrier to platinum for the people who already got rest of the trophies.