October 2015 Release Calendar too Full?

dodgedoors

What gets bumped?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What titles do you Believe will be pushed from October either earlier or later because of the flood of quality titles.

• Smash Bros 3DS
    • Skylanders: Trap Team
    • Alien: Isolation
    • Dragon Age: Inquisition
    • Driveclub
    • Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor
    • NBA Live
    • NBA 2k15
    • Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
    • Raven's Cry
    • Battlefield Hardline
    • The Evil Within
    • Evolve
    • Fantasia: Music Evolved
    • Samurai Warriors 4
    • Assassains Creed Unity
    • Sunset Overdrive
    • WWE 2k15
    • Not on this list/ Unannounced

With all these extremely big ticket games coming out in september what IP's do you see getting bumped either earlier or Later so they do not need to compete? This list is nearly 20 titles long and someone is going to have to cave.  Or do you think another way, maybe that developers and publishers are just going to hope the video game list of santa's is going to be truly long this year for many people? Please discuss.

Also it seems to be Colon Awareness month judging from these titles.

Edited by dodgedoors

I would have probably refined this list a little. Some of these are exclusives which have a slightly different approach to their release schedules. Some will sell either way based on either dedicated fan bases or being very opposite markets to eachother

For example - Sunset Overdrive is an exclusive for XB1 - it makes sense to release it in a competitive way. Smash Bros 3DS is a Nintendo exclusive. A handheld game very rarely has anything to worry about when up against an actual console release.

Additionally - the sports stuff and the usual cookie cutter military FPS stuff could release any time and sell just fine due to the large and specific fan base it commands.

I will say though - Dragon Age 3 and Alien being released on the same day won't happen in the slightest. I'd bet money that one of them will be moved to November.

I highly expect Shadow of Mordor to be pushed back to 2015, not only does it release on the same day as it's similar competitor Dragon Age Inquisition, I think a January or February release is more realistic. I really want it to be released in october though :shakefist:  

Destiny is my next AAA game, and then October floods with only 4 games I care about, and 1 of them isn't a day 1 game for me.

DriveClub def. won't be pushed back, Alien... I doubt it... but who knows?

Evolve won't get delayed, and Evil Within already got delayed so I doubt the release date will change again.

Apart from those games, theres nothing else for me in October, I think 2015 is gonna have too many releases not spaced out properly :P

theres only 4 games that are worth buyin in the release schedule for me which are:

- borderlands: the pre sequel

- assassins creed: unity

- dragons age: inqusition

- driveclub

but borderlands will take to top of the charts straight away followed by assassins creed with possibly evolved and dragon age in a close 3rd/4th so i'd say that they all go out on the same day except driveclub... i dont think its really ready and after the flops of gt5/gt6 it would be a big risk if yet another in-house racer got overshadowed especially in this small release window... driveclub needs to be released when theres nothin as big as borderlands releasin, then it can get the sales...

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR

I tihink you mean 2014,  but my guess is that Evil Within gets pushed back. Have a strange feeling it will fly under the radar.

Indeed I did, I wrote this after being awake for 36 straight hours.  Ah the joys of working too much and insomnia all rolled up into one.