Dragon-Archon's Lair of Platinums Mk.II

Dragon-Archon

Hahaha. Would love to help bud however the version I played was the ps4 one, don't know if we can coop, I'll try to get dark souls 2 ps3 at some point too, I really could get the plat again and hopefully find the original for sale, it's indeed hard nowadays

Awesome :D. Btw do you want to help with the Dark Souls II gameplay guide?

Maybe this will help bud. The Artorias of the Abyss DLC is really great. The fights against Manus and Artorias are some of the best in the series, along with the False King from Demon's Souls and Ornstein in Dark Souls.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Awesome :D. Btw do you want to help with the Dark Souls II gameplay guide?

Maybe this will help bud. The Artorias of the Abyss DLC is really great. The fights against Manus and Artorias are some of the best in the series, along with the False King from Demon's Souls and Ornstein in Dark Souls.

I can help you bud :D do you know if I need to add any new videos or anything? Or we will just make everything with words?

I'll definitely save the link, I really want dark souls 1 now, talk about wrong timing

At least the Artorias dlc is on the store, so if I manage to find the regular version, I'll buy on the store the dlc

• Like 1

I can help you bud :D do you know if I need to add any new videos or anything? Or we will just make everything with words?

I'll definitely save the link, I really want dark souls 1 now, talk about wrong timing

At least the Artorias dlc is on the store, so if I manage to find the regular version, I'll buy on the store the dlc

Awesome bud, I'll add you to the guide. I was thinking about adding videos for the boss fights so that readers can take a look at the attack patterns.

Good luck finding a Dark Souls copy :D.

Awesome bud, I'll add you to the guide. I was thinking about adding videos for the boss fights so that readers can take a look at the attack patterns.

Good luck finding a Dark Souls copy :D.

Oh okay, those videos I uploaded back then have all the bosses from the game, except the optional sir alone, don't know why but I forgot to record, all 7 are there.

• 3 weeks later...

:platinum: #146: Operation Abyss New Tokyo Legacy

1L806366.png

I've been saving this image for quite some time, but it's finally here: trophy #7,000   :dance:. From the developers of Demon Gaze comes another Dungeon Crawler RPG. Though imo it's not as good as DG for a few reasons, but first some things I liked. The game starts with a full party of 6 characters and you can create more for free. Every character can activate a Unity skill (which is equivalent to the Demon skills from DG), but only 1 per turn. Using Unity skills increases the Unity gauge, which in turns allows players to perform stronger skills. The Academic has a skill to boost the Unity gauge, making it posible to spam these Unity skills every turn. It;s possible to use Gamble Codes to create new equipment. The equipment you get is random, but with save scumming it's possible to get some good things. This is also a much beter way to get the Muramasa blades, otherwise I'd have to spent hours to farm chests. After completing all the wanted missions, I got an awesome item that lets 1 party member equip anything from other classes. Gave it to the Healer and afterwards she had higher defenses and evasion than the tank :lol:.

Now onto some things I didn't like. The story starts out interesting, but characters that are apparently important in the game's lore are suddenly introduced, without having been mentioned before and exit just as quickly. It's possible to lose every character if they're inflicted with Exhaustion. The ingame manual metions this, but doesn't say what the status effect icon for it is. That's the main problem I had with the game: hardly anything is explained, only the very basics are mentioned in the manual. It's not possible to save or level up in dungeons. Later in the game an item is introduced that is consumed to save, but these are limited. There are also 2 level caps in the game and I hit the first cap 2 missions before it was lifted. All exp earned was wasted afterwards. Another thing is the loot. Chests are ranked D-S, but an S ranked chest can also give you D ranked equipment. Higher ranks only increase the loot pool, making it hard to get useful things. Combine that with the fact that higher ranked chests are random and S-rank only drops in 1 area, it's quite a grind. Speaking of grinds, to get trophy for winning 3,000 battles I had to fight battles for 8 hours after completing everything else. I did this in the area with the weakest enemies, so a battle only lasted 5-6 seconds. With the Neo Chain magic, I'd have a guaranteed encounter every time when going through a door. Also whoever thought it would be a great idea to leave the amount of battles won out of the stat page should be fired.

All in all an entertaining game, but not as good as Demon Gaze.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 2

:platinum: #147: Saints Row Gat out of Hell

1L222b9b.png

This game is more like a standalone DLC to Saints Row IV. The story can be done in 2-3 hours and only has 3 main missions (including the introduction and final battle) between those missions you'll be doing anything to piss Satan himself off in order to increase the Satan gauge. Reaching a specific level on the gauge will advance the story. The bulk of the time will be spent on completing all 101 challenges. There are lots of (imo unnecessary) grindy challenges that becomes quite boring to do. Luckily most of the kill, weapon, and power challenges can be farmed at Altars as enemies will keep spawning at certain altars. Unfortunately, the powers can't be changed when an altar is activated, so some power-related kills have to be farmed by using Survival events. Leaving the area before completing it will reset the event kill count, so kills can be farmed this way.

Upgrading all weapons is also a very useless challenge and costs millions of wages (the currency used in hell). However, Volition had some mercy on gamers and added the Greed SMG that comes with the Jackpot passive ability. This increases the amount of wages dropped when killing enemies with this weapon and the Jackpot can be increases 5 times. The weapon does cost 100,000 wages, but it's definitely worth it. After going on a killing spree, simply use a vacuum stomp to quickly collect all the money and repeat. Taking over all the islands unlocks a special epilogue, which is a nice addition considering there was hardly any story component. The game also has 5 endings and it's possible to beat Satan as many times as you want to see them all (or, you know, just look up a YouTube video  :P).

The servers for this game are really crappy (not sure if it's the same for the PS4 version). I got kicked a lot from co-op sessions and the game froze quite some times, but only when doing co-op. This never happened while playing the game solo, even when I was online. The trophy was a little buggy as it popped after playing co-op for 2 hours and 16 minutes (not that I'm complaining about that, mind you). Special thanks goes to my boosting partner Stevieboy for enduring all this and still helping me out, even though he already had the platinum trophy.

Once more, you continue to pile the platinum trophies, onto your hoard Archon ;3. Nice work, can't wait to see you hitting #150

Thnx James :D. I'm planning to make Star Ocean The Last Hope plat #150.

• Like 3

Good job on Operation Abyss, I still can't even get passed Quasar in Demon Gaze!

Good luck with #150 that game is a pretty legendary milestone!

Thnx :D. What's your setup (party, formation, artefacts, levels, demons, etc.) in Demon Gaze, maybe I can help you. Quasar is a real cheater with his 30+ attacks per turn.

*Holy banana split, Dragon is going to help me! Is this really happening!? Alright, stay calm you can do this!*

Gazer 46- 2k HP

Str 42

Vit 35

Def 216

Atk 485

Paladin 46- 2k HP

Vit 45

Def 295

Healer 46- 1.7k HP

Mys 47

Vit 26

Luc 23

Def 151

Ranger 45- 1.5k HP

Str 40

Vit 20

Agi 25

Luc 27

Hit 70

Atk 602

Def 129

Fighter 44- 1.5k HP

Str 35

Vit 27

Luc 27

Hit 47

Atk 821

I have-

Shadow Step

Holy Weapon

Item Training 1

Front Guard

Carnage

Force Set H and W

Support Set W

Enhance Magic

Fast Cast

God's Arms

Mars Bane

Terra Bane

True Snipe

Cross Fix (Fighter)

I also have Mars at 26, Chronos at 27, Neptune at 18, and Aries at 16. I usually have everyone up front with the ranger in the back. I am down to try something new and potentially grind for things I don't have. Quasar is a meanie.

Edited by NerdRage04
  • Like 2

*Holy banana split, Dragon is going to help me! Is this really happening!? Alright, stay calm you can do this!*

*snip*

Lol :lol:.

Too bad you don't have an assassin. With maxed out luck and agility, Cross Fix works almost every time against the postgame bosses. I assume that list of skills are artefacts?

Anyway, the Gazer should have a skill that allows him to attack any enemy no matter how many rows of enemies are between them, so you should put everyone except the Paladin on the back row. The Paladin should only use that special skill to guard everyone. Max out Vitality and Luck (affects chance to get inflicted with status ailments).

The Gazer should dual-wield weapons to increase the damage demons do (their stats are linked to the Gazer), so get his agility to 25 to remove the damage penalty on the left hand. Try to equip weapons that attack more than once, which can do serious damage with skills like Slash 3 (artefact skill, hits every enemy in the first 3 rows) and Jupiter Bane. For example if you have 2 weapons that each hit twice (= 4 hits per turn), using Jupiter Bane will hit a single enemy 4x5 = 20 times. I maxed out Vit, got Agility to 25, then focused on maxing out Strength. Giving him the True Snipe is useful, because it allows him to spam Jupiter Bane every turn until he's hit.

I'm not sure how you're using the fighter. If he has no reach, you can put him on the first row or give him a Slash 2/3 artefact and keep him in the back row. Not sure if Cross Fix depends on weapon range, if it doesn't matter, put him in the back row. If he uses Terra/Mars Bane, then it might be better to keep him on the front row. 

Healer should use fast cast to cast spells that increase Hit and Evd (you can show these stats during combat, not sure which button though). Also try to give other characters artefacts that use mana, so they have mana too. That way you can switch mana with the Healer's Convert Mana, ensuring she never runs out during fights.

For the Ranger I gave her a bow that hits twice and the artefact for Terra Bane (Jupiter Bane would be better). Enemies would often target her, so I also gave the Hunter's Eye artefact to the Gazer to keep an eye on enemy health.

I used Uranus or Pluto (can't remember which one :|) for their ability to block all magic attacks for the back row (the other one has an ability to block physical attacks), though you can also use an item for that. Quasar randomly uses magical and physical attacks, but both demon skills can't be activated at once (though I believe it's possible to use a demon skill + item combo, not 100% sure about that). Aries was needed to access the area and I also had Chronos. Neptune would be a great choice too if you're going to use an item instead of Uranus/Pluto.

Here's a screenshot I took months ago, which shows my Gazer's setup. I used that to beat Quasar. If you want to know my other characters' setups. let me know and I'll post them too.

I hope this helps.

WnZROTu.jpg

oIUSrVC.jpg

uq075MD.jpg

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

Wow, thanks Dragon! I was using God's Arms wrong. Ill level up an assassin while I go look for the needed items and then try out what you said. How do I find more artifact gems? 

You're welcome, I added some info here and there in the previous post. You can use Venus for getting more exp and gold, simply by carrying her with you.

I'm not sure, there are a few artefact gems in the store, but I found most of them in dungeons. This spreadsheet was very useful, the Treasure Map Guide tab lists a few artefact gems.

Also using the God Hand item seems to do tremendous amount of damage, I hear using 2 beats Quasar though haven't tested this myself as I already beat the boss when hearing about it.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

Congratulations bud :D

Guess what will pop tomorrow on my profile, the long waited game, dark souls :) I'll also play dark souls 2 to keep going on our guide. Have a great day bud and some relax tomorrow

Thnx :D.

Awesome bud, you managed to find a copy :dance:. Did you get the Prepare to Die edition? Have fun with Dark Souls and have a great day too.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

Wow, thanks Dragon! I was using God's Arms wrong. Ill level up an assassin while I go look for the needed items and then try out what you said. How do I find more artifact gems? 

I checked some info about using Uranos and Pluto. I used Uranos because of her Light Veil ability (blocks all magical attacks for the back row). Pluto has Dark Veil, which is for physical attacks. 

Also took some screenshots showing my other party members' setups:

Paladin: ignore the Valkyrius trident, I never switched to that and her role was only to be a meat shield for the other 4 party members in the back row. I probably equipped it once to free up some inventory while exploring and forgot to unequip it. As mentioned before I also gave her healing spells so that she had mana in case the Healer needed it. If memory serves correct I used the healing spells only once or twice in real emergencies during the Aries fight, but it's not really worth it considering the Myst stat is so low.

rcI7cZF.jpg

R49MmCD.jpg

ZkSB7Mj.jpg

Assassin: Another party member whose main function wasn't dealing damage. Hiding + Cross Fix was her job. Gave her Astro Force just in case, so she could technically hit any enemy in any row. This is also the ability that the Gazer unlocks naturally by leveling up. High agility + luck ensures she dodges most of the time, often starts the fight while hidden, and cross fix succeeds most of the times. I was planning to increase VIT after maxing out LUC and AGI, but beat everything before that happened. LUC also affects the chance to inflict status ailments, so I gave her the Dual-Wield artefact and 2 katanas, which are the only weapons that can inflict status ailments (I think).

TKaaHR6.jpg

3pC4y8a.jpg

1sNv4nO.jpg

Healer: The only reason I equipped the Healing Staff is so I wouldn't accidentally sell or destroy it. That item can be used infinitely to heal others (amount is based on MYST). The Item Training 3 was used to heal 5 times in a row with Healing Staff, which conserves mana during fights against regular enemies. You don't need to switch to set B to use the Healing Staff as an item. Enhance Heal increases the amount of health healed, which is a very good artefact for the Healer.

JaQEz0b.jpg

em9YzIk.jpg

pUtaAcQ.jpg

Ranger: This is one of two damage dealers (the other one being the Gazer). Her mana is just a reserve for the Healer. The Drake Bow hits twice, so that is 10 hits with Jupiter Bane against a single enemy or 2 hits against every enemy in the first 2 rows with Slash 2.

ZItOv5O.jpg

5LNMQJT.jpg

tgIwvIU.jpg

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

You're too awesome Dragon! I wil start leveling up my characters in the next coming weeks when I clean up my trophy list (DLCs and games 1 or 2 away from platinum)

I don't know how to thank you in return. Cyber cookies maybe?

You're welcome and good luck :D.

I do like cookies  :holy: .

Nice work on Gat out of Hell. I still have to plat Saint's Row 3, before I move onto 4 and eventually pick up this game. I'll wait for Gat out of hell to drop in price I think. ^^; Now all I want is Saint's Row 1 and 2 remastered so I can have a platinum for each game xD.

• Like 1

Nice work on Gat out of Hell. I still have to plat Saint's Row 3, before I move onto 4 and eventually pick up this game. I'll wait for Gat out of hell to drop in price I think. ^^; Now all I want is Saint's Row 1 and 2 remastered so I can have a platinum for each game xD.

Thanks :D, I liked SR3 the best out so far, though I've only played 3, 4 and Gat out of Hell :lol:. A SR1 and 2 remaster would be nice.

• 1 month later...

GOALS... I love your list sir. Hope I can get that much platinums X) 

Great work on yet another awesome guide dude :D I still feel like I let you down because I couldn't make enough time to help you create it but I will on a different one day :D

Thnx buddy :D. Don't worry about, you were busy, it happens. Awesome, looking forward to that :highfive:.

• 3 weeks later...