Dragon-Archon's Lair of Platinums Mk.II

Dragon-Archon

39 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Woohoo, all 15 post-game bosses have been defeated on Critical Mode in Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix :dance: . That plat is almost mine.

lQieL5P.png

Amazing bud, congratulations :D glad you played against then on critical, is so much fun. Easily my favorite game on the franchise, a masterpiece that never gets old. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Woohoo, all 15 post-game bosses have been defeated on Critical Mode in Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix :dance: . That plat is almost mine.

lQieL5P.png

What does this mean what I think it means ....  That my curse I placed on you is going to be broken and you will be getting a 'platinum' .... Noooooooooooo :P

• Like 1

3 hours ago, diabolica1989 said:

Very nice platinums!

3 hours ago, Mah2c said:

Amazing bud, congratulations :D glad you played against then on critical, is so much fun. Easily my favorite game on the franchise, a masterpiece that never gets old. 

Thanks bud :D . It was challenging, but eventually did it. KH2 is also one of my favourite games.

2 hours ago, Razza said:

What does this mean what I think it means ....  That my curse I placed on you is going to be broken and you will be getting a 'platinum' .... Noooooooooooo :P

Believe it :awesome: . Let's see which one of us will have plat #150 first.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Thanks bud :D . It was challenging, but eventually did it. KH2 is also one of my favourite games.

Believe it :awesome: . Let's see which one of us will have plat #150 first.

Well considering you already have platinum #150 already waiting to be grabbed I think it might be you, although I am starting to consider making Until Dawn my 150 platinum as that game is also extremely fun.... it also means I still might have a hope in hell of winning the platinum race :awesome:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Razza said:

Well considering you already have platinum #150 already waiting to be grabbed I think it might be you, although I am starting to consider making Until Dawn my 150 platinum as that game is also extremely fun.... it also means I still might have a hope in hell of winning the platinum race :awesome:

I have no idea what you're talking about :ninja: .

• Like 1

On 12/12/2016 at 11:21 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

I have no idea what you're talking about :ninja: .

Hmmm I'm sure :P although I now notice that you have a couple of platinums waiting to be popped :P is someone planning a last minute siege of points for our little race :P 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Ok, good luck with that :D .

Thanks bud and good luck with your attempt to gain a platinum rain storm before the end of the year :P who knows maybe you will come second, I've also decided on platinum 150 will now be until dawn as me and a mate of mine have been playing through it a lot these past couple of weeks and thought it would be cool to have a platinum we both worked towards :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Razza said:

Thanks bud and good luck with your attempt to gain a platinum rain storm before the end of the year :P who knows maybe you will come second, I've also decided on platinum 150 will now be until dawn as me and a mate of mine have been playing through it a lot these past couple of weeks and thought it would be cool to have a platinum we both worked towards :D

Nice, have fun with Until Dawn :D .

• Like 1

Oh boy have I missed the lair of the dragon!! You have certainly upped your game while I was gone, this is looking mightier than ever! Not too long until you hit platinum on KH2 HD I assume? And will you play BBS next? If you need any help you know where to find me (I'm a KH encyclopedia lol) but you're a dragon and dragons don't need help so xD

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Happy New Year everyone, got the first plat of 2017 today: 

:platinum: #149: Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1

January 1 2017

1Lfd2b3f.png

This is a fun game and I liked it a lot, except for the money grind (more about that later). I used the free Fairy Fencer F DLC to quickly get everyone to lvl 99. With a full Tera processor set those enemies do 0 damage in HDD form and Neptune gets an OP sword as a reward (it's far better than her ultimate weapon). For the credits I got a credit disc and the credit plan. With those Clione gave around 332,200 credits. With a party of Neptune, Vert, and MAGES. I could defeat Clione within 15 seconds. This was by far the fastest method to farm credits. Still took about 128 fights to get to 50 million. Then I bought and sold the most expensive clothing over and over to get to 100 million. I really don't get why this trophy was in the list as it has no purpose, just like with Diablo III.

Besides the money grind this is a very enjoyable game. The story was nice, the humour is great, and I like how often the fourth wall is broken. I also created all optional dungeons and did all Colosseum fights to get all the best weapons for everyone. Though it took me a long time to realize there was a plan that added more fights to the Colosseum :facepalm: . The best character is hands down MAGES. I like all the Steins;Gate references and that banter with Noire being her assistant (she's voiced by the same actress that voiced Kurisu). Finding Kurisiu's outfit in the game was a great surprise too. Too bad I had to replace the witch hat with an invisible hat for some boosted intelligence during the Clione grind, though I did give Vert one :lol: .

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Happy New Year everyone, got the first plat of 2017 today: 

:platinum: #149: Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1

January 1 2017

1Lfd2b3f.png

This is a fun game and I liked it a lot, except for the money grind (more about that later). I used the free Fairy Fencer F DLC to quickly get everyone to lvl 99. With a full Tera processor set those enemies do 0 damage in HDD form and Neptune gets an OP sword as a reward (it's far better than her ultimate weapon). For the credits I got a credit disc and the credit plan. With those Clione gave around 332,200 credits. With a party of Neptune, Vert, and MAGES. I could defeat Clione within 15 seconds. This was by far the fastest method to farm credits. Still took about 128 fights to get to 50 million. Then I bought and sold the most expensive clothing over and over to get to 100 million. I really don't get why this trophy was in the list as it has no purpose, just like with Diablo III.

Besides the money grind this is a very enjoyable game. The story was nice, the humour is great, and I like how often the fourth wall is broken. I also created all optional dungeons and did all Colosseum fights to get all the best weapons for everyone. Though it took me a long time to realize there was a plan that added more fights to the Colosseum :facepalm: . The best character is hands down MAGES. I like all the Steins;Gate references and that banter with Noire being her assistant (she's voiced by the same actress that voiced Kurisu). Finding Kurisiu's outfit in the game was a great surprise too. Too bad I had to replace the witch hat with an invisible hat for some boosted intelligence during the Clione grind, though I did give Vert one :lol: .

Been meaning to get into these games, sounds like you had a good time. ^^

• Like 1

On 18-12-2016 at 0:18 AM, Omar said:

Oh boy have I missed the lair of the dragon!! You have certainly upped your game while I was gone, this is looking mightier than ever! Not too long until you hit platinum on KH2 HD I assume? And will you play BBS next? If you need any help you know where to find me (I'm a KH encyclopedia lol) but you're a dragon and dragons don't need help so xD

I can't believe I missed this comment :facepalm: . Thanks Omar, yeah KH2 is ready and started BBS. It's nice to have a completely new KH game ^_^ .

39 minutes ago, James_Tonto said:

Been meaning to get into these games, sounds like you had a good time. ^^

Yep, it really was. Definitely give it a try.

• Like 1

Welp, it's been way too long since I checked out this thread, I may as well pop back in and HOLY CRAP YOU BEAT LINGERING WILL ON CRITICAL!? I tip my hat to you, Archon of Dergons!

Ohyeah and grats on that Neptunia plat. I GUESS shiny platinum trophies are good accomplishments too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CediFonei said:

Welp, it's been way too long since I checked out this thread, I may as well pop back in and HOLY CRAP YOU BEAT LINGERING WILL ON CRITICAL!? I tip my hat to you, Archon of Dergons!

Ohyeah and grats on that Neptunia plat. I GUESS shiny platinum trophies are good accomplishments too.

Thanks Cedi. I admit to have used the stun-lock strategy after 83 losses in a row. Still took about 14 tries to master it :lol: .

Yep, there may be another one coming soon :ninja: .

• Like 1

You already had it in the bag, but it deserves a formal statement now that you have the actual plat; CONGRATS ON COMPLETING KINGDOM HEARTS II! That game means a lot to me as a transitional game of sorts during my childhood, helping me open up my willingness to try out less familiar games (blame Didney) and think more broadly on what games are capable of doing. With 2.8 coming out later this month, there wasn't a better time for you to get that!

And who knows, maybe 0.2 will be smol enough for me to actually 100% complete myself...? >w>

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CediFonei said:

You already had it in the bag, but it deserves a formal statement now that you have the actual plat; CONGRATS ON COMPLETING KINGDOM HEARTS II! That game means a lot to me as a transitional game of sorts during my childhood, helping me open up my willingness to try out less familiar games (blame Didney) and think more broadly on what games are capable of doing. With 2.8 coming out later this month, there wasn't a better time for you to get that!

And who knows, maybe 0.2 will be smol enough for me to actually 100% complete myself...? >w>

Thanks Cedi :D . KH2 is one of my special childhood games too. I'm playing KH Birth by Sleep before starting with 2.8.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

:platinum: #152: Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix

February 26 2017

1L6da1d7.png

Finally a KH game that's completely new for me. This game takes place 10 years before KH1 and focuses on Terra, Ventus, and Aqua as they travel the worlds to restore the balance between light and dark. You can only play as 1 character at a time and to switch to another one, it's necessary to start a new game. All 3 stories must be completed to get the entire picture and each character has different events in each world, while the story converges in some small cutscenes and a few fights. Each character plays different, so they don't feel like clones with different skins. Terra is a tanky guy with higher hp and attack stats, his finisher gauge fills quicker, though he's also slow and has a terrible dodge. In fact, calling it a dodge is just insulting, it's basically a slide, as enemies can still hit him while sliding. Ventus is very agile and I'd describe him as a rogue class. He can attack very fast and dodge away too before most enemy attacks hit him. Aqua is the mage and is very proficient in magic, though does very little physical damage at the start. She has some amazing exclusive spells that tear through enemy groups with ease. 

I like the combat system in this game a lot. Magic and special attacks are placed in a deck and can be used after they've cooldown. With a bit of knowledge of the commands and abilities, it's possible to get strong commands and helpful abilities early in the game by melding them together. This makes Critical mode a lot easier compared to KH2, where the start is arguably the hardest part due to the lack of special attacks and abilities. Shotlocks are also a new mechanism, which are very powerful. These attacks lock on to enemies and with timed presses, it's possible to do additional damage. The third new mechanism are Dimension Links, which replace Drive Forms from KH2. Activating a D-Link completely heals you and gives you access to a set amount of commands. Leveling up a D-Link adds new commands and a new finisher.

Some things I didn't like was how the stories in each world was so short (as it's divided between 3 characters). Another thing I really disliked was completing the reports with all 3 characters. This basically means getting a 100% completion trice, which is a completely pointless grind. So doing all mini-games (and there are a lot), arena matches, beating all optional bosses, getting all treasure chests, commands, shotlocks, items, and command styles, defeating every Unversed, beating every Unversed Battle Mission with the highest rank, getting and maxing out every D-Link, unlocking all finishers, and using every shotlock and D-Link finisher. This easily adds lots of hours of pointless grinding. The optional boss Mysterious Figure is also a huge disappointment as Square Enix made it a luck-based boss for Terra and his crappy dodge. With the other 2 characters it's doable in 30 minutes. Though he has an insta-death move where a countdown timer appears. It starts at 5 ticks and when it reaches 0, it's game over. Mashing :cross: will break you free. This doesn't sound so bad, but the kicker is that the maximum amount of ticks decreases by 1 every time you get hit by it. It generally takes 3 ticks to break free, though it's possible to do it in 2 when mashing the controller a lot. Besides that, he can split into 5 clones, become invisible, throw dozens of orbs that auto-attacks the player, drop huge meteors, shoot exploding orbs of fire, stop time for players while he moves, and heal. Oh and once he turns invisible he combines lots of attacks. So yeah, a terribly broken boss. 

Congrats Dragon-Senpai :D,Maybe I could do Updates like this on my checklist but without the Lot of Text as I`am not good at Writing

• Like 1