Dragon-Archon's Lair of Platinums Mk.II

Dragon-Archon

But wasn't she developing a space shuttle for space exploration that Raiden used to quickly get to the other side of the world? At least that's how I understood it. I laughed a lot at that security guard reading manga :awesome:

Our deal was for a Mass Effect or Demon/Dark Souls game :P. It's good that you're getting into FF though.

But... But I want you to experience the beauty that is metal gear solid :( I didn't become big boss of psnprofiles because it was a bad game series :D

• Like 1

:platinum: #138: Dynasty Warriors Next

1L80ae59.png

OMG YES! Finally got this plat after nearly 2 years  :dance: and it's my rarest plat to date (0.87% UR). Major thanks to my boosting buddies HcG ClawzZone Hunter, and MvP-BumperKlever.

Here's a screenshot to remember that moment (click the image to enlarge):

UiCTVJx.jpg

Wow Congrats with your awesome plat Dragon !!!

• Like 1

:platinum: #140: Titan Souls

3.11% Ultra Rare

1L164e75.png

This game seems like a mix between Shadow of the Colossus, Zelda, and the Souls games... at least that's what I thought at first. The game has titans (SotC part), a lone hero with his trusted bow and arrow traveling the world to slay all the bosses (zelda part I guess), and nothing is explained about the story or his reason or goal to slay all the titans (Souls part). This game only has boss fights and the main character doesn't get any skills, equipment, or lives for beating them. There are no other enemies and no leveling system. You have to go through the entire game just with your starting equipment (bow + single arrow) and skills (dodge and running) He does absorb the souls of the titans, but this provides no extras. Both bosses and the main character die in a single hit (provided bosses are hit at their weak spot). Not all titans need to be killed to get to the final boss, but slaying them all unlocks a secret boss. Completing the game in No Roll mode was definitely one of the most annoying things to do and some of the trophies for killing bosses in a special way took more than a few tries. 

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

:platinum: #141: Persona 4 Dancing All Night

1L393507.png

The first game set after the Golden Epilogue from Persona 4 Golden. It's great to see how everyone from the Investigation Team was doing. I was really surprised to find out Rise and Naoto also moved to the same city as Yu, which means he isn't alone. Rise is working on her comeback debut and asked the Investigation Team to be her backup dancers. A few days before the festival, other idols have been disappearing and there are rumours about a video showing a dead idol if you go to the festival's website at midnight. The story is a bit on the short side, but I enjoyed every moment of it (except for the parts where Kanami spoke, her voice made me cringe every time). After the completing the story and all songs in Free Dance mode, a special chapter is unlocked. As with P4G, the opening song is great again. This is also my first rhythm game and it was pretty fun experience. I may try out more in the future.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 3

Pretty sweet banner... and even sweeter collection of plats! 141 plats is quite a feat!

Persona 4 Dancing All Night is a good one, too. I always thought it was too ridiculous of a premise to take it seriously, but I've still got an interest in it out of the game's general quality. If I had a Vita, it'd definitely be in my library. I love me a good rhythm game- great video game music always gets me into all sorts of moods, from relaxed to pumped up, and gameplay that actively rewards getting into the OST's groove is a delight in itself. I strongly second that notion of playing more of them- I might not have played any rhythm games on PSN systems yet, but I've a few elsewhere I really adore, like Final Fantasy Theatrhythm.

• Like 1

Pretty sweet banner... and even sweeter collection of plats! 141 plats is quite a feat!

Persona 4 Dancing All Night is a good one, too. I always thought it was too ridiculous of a premise to take it seriously, but I've still got an interest in it out of the game's general quality. If I had a Vita, it'd definitely be in my library. I love me a good rhythm game- great video game music always gets me into all sorts of moods, from relaxed to pumped up, and gameplay that actively rewards getting into the OST's groove is a delight in itself. I strongly second that notion of playing more of them- I might not have played any rhythm games on PSN systems yet, but I've a few elsewhere I really adore, like Final Fantasy Theatrhythm.

Thnx :D, I like the story (though it's not even close to Persona 4 Golden). P4DAN has a diverse list of music, which was something I liked too.

:platinum: #142: STEINS;GATE

April 13 2016

1L79e920.png

In the year 2010 the (self-proclaimed) mad scientist Hououin Kyouma attends a conference and discovers a woman lying in a pool of blood. After texting his friend, suddenly his vision blurs and hundreds of people have vanished. Not long after someone calling himself John Titor claims to be a time traveller from 2036 and has gone back in time to prevent SERN from taking over the world. I've seen the anime and it's one of my favourites. It follows the true ending route of the VN very closely. Still the game explains things a lot more and answers most of the questions I had from watching the anime. All the other routes were new content for me, though these endings were a bit sad. Story-wise this game is outstanding and it has great characters, definitely a recommendation for everyone. El Psy Kongroo.

• Like 1

:platinum: #142: STEINS;GATE

April 13 2016

1L79e920.png

In the year 2010 the (self-proclaimed) mad scientist Hououin Kyouma attends a conference and discovers a woman lying in a pool of blood. After texting his friend, suddenly his vision blurs and hundreds of people have vanished. Not long after someone calling himself John Titor claims to be a time traveller from 2036 and has gone back in time to prevent SERN from taking over the world. I've seen the anime and it's one of my favourites. It follows the true ending route of the VN very closely. Still the game explains things a lot more and answers most of the questions I had from watching the anime. All the other routes were new content for me, though these endings were a bit sad. Story-wise this game is outstanding and it has great characters, definitely a recommendation for everyone. El Psy Kongroo.

I platted Steins;Gate recently too and absolutely loved it. Glad you enjoyed too! I'm planning on making it a special emblem for the Big Brother PP to hopefully encourage some more people to play it. El Psy Kongroo.

• Like 1

:platinum: #141: Persona 4 Dancing All Night

1L393507.png

The first game set after the Golden Epilogue from Persona 4 Golden. It's great to see how everyone from the Investigation Team was doing. I was really surprised to find out Rise and Naoto also moved to the same city as Yu, which means he isn't alone. Rise is working on her comeback debut and asked the Investigation Team to be her backup dancers. A few days before the festival, other idols have been disappearing and there are rumours about a video showing a dead idol if you go to the festival's website at midnight. The story is a bit on the short side, but I enjoyed every moment of it (except for the parts where Kanami spoke, her voice made me cringe every time). After the completing the story and all songs in Free Dance mode, a special chapter is unlocked. As with P4G, the opening song is great again. This is also my first rhythm game and it was pretty fun experience. I may try out more in the future.

I really liked that they made this whole game based on Kanami even though she's only mentioned like two times in Persona 4 Golden  xD

:platinum: #139: OlliOlli 2 Welcome to Olliwood

1L286831.png

0.69% Ultra Rare  B)

Huge respect for this platinum. This game is so dang hard  :P

• Like 1

Great job Man for this checklist with your thoughts about the games :)

I saw two times Steins;Gate with the same textline underneath... do you played in on PS3 and Vita?

The links for the PP Threads I liked most :D ... many times i see an image and don't know to what games it refers :(

I read about half of your text, mostly when I too have the plat in a game like Jak Trilogy or Assassin's Creed ...

But your thoughts about Splinter Cell: Blacklist interested me most, because I really liked the SP Part but couldn't motivate myself for the MP Part,,,1

But reading that getting the trophies isn't that hard, i might give it a try... thinking into the future maybe #60 (currently far away :D )

Lastly one thing surprises me: you said on paige 1 or 2 that you're going for the plats of your backlog games... but some of them like FC: Blood Dragon doesn't have a plat? :blink::D

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 1

I platted Steins;Gate recently too and absolutely loved it. Glad you enjoyed too! I'm planning on making it a special emblem for the Big Brother PP to hopefully encourage some more people to play it. El Psy Kongroo.

DId you also watch the anime? If not, I recommend it. 

Nice, that's a great idea. Looking forward to see what you're going to use as the emblem image.

I really liked that they made this whole game based on Kanami even though she's only mentioned like two times in Persona 4 Golden  xD

Huge respect for this platinum. This game is so dang hard  :P

Yeah, it seems to focus on Rise too.

Great job Man for this checklist with your thoughts about the games :)

I read about half of your text, mostly when I too have the plat in a game like Jak Trilogy or Assassin's Creed ...

Your thoughts about Splinter Cell: Blacklist interested me most, because I really liked the SP Part but couldn't motivate myself for the MP Part,,,1

But reading that getting the trophies isn't that hard, i might give it a try... thinking into the future maybe #60 (currently far away :D )

But one thing surprises me: you said on paige 1 or 2 that you're going for the plats of your backlog games... but some of them like FC: Blood Dragon doesn't have a plat? :blink::D

Nice, good to know my ramblings are helpful :D.

Yeah I know, the backlog is an overview for myself to keep track of all the games I want to play. But I don't list completed games without a plat in the checklist.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

:platinum: #143: Hitman GO

1L7b0d30.png

I got this one from a sale to try it. At first it was fun to move around and beat the levels, but the game quickly became extremely repetitive and boring. There's hardly any variation, besides some new enemies. The second half of the game was a real chore to complete. Not to mention almost all of the 91 levels had to be completed multiple times to get all the optional objectives. I'm so glad I got this game during the sale, because it's not worth the full price.

:platinum: #144: Last Rebellion

1Ldc3b39.png

This game is a bit confusing in terms of story. Not much background information is given, characters are thrown into the story, and the story is very short. All in all it feels very rushed. The game suddenly ends after the final boss fight, while leaving a lot of questions unanswered. It's easy to powerlevel and become too OP, which makes fights a bit boring. Which is a shame, because it had potential. Attacking different parts of enemies and figuring out the correct order yields a lot of bonus exp.

:platinum: #145 Dark Souls II

1Ld82352.png

I've heard a lot of things about this game and I agree with some of it. The game tries too hard to be difficult. The start of the game is the hardest part, because you only start with 1 estus flask. Luckily there are some consumable items that slowly restores some health, but these cost souls to buy and are limited until beating the Last Giant boss. It's also possible to permanently clear an area of enemies. While this sounds great, it also means limited amount of souls available for leveling up, improving equipment, and buying items. The Souls games are all about trial and error: you try something and either succeed or die, in which case you try something different. However, this game also punishes gamers for dying by reducing their maximum health by 5% for each death. This does stop after 10 deaths, still at 50% health most enemies can kill you with 1-2 hits. To get your health back it's necessary to consume a Human Effigy. These things are very rare at first and cost a lot of souls. All these things make the start of the game very annoying. By the time you find a lot of human effigies or a lot of lifegems, it's no longer needed. This makes the game feel unbalanced. During the second playthrough I hit 99 effigies and didn't even need them, because of the Ring of Life Protection that negates death and allows gamers to retain their souls. Since there are 3 per playthrough, stocking up on them removes the need for human effigies. Still, besides these flaws the game offers a nice challenge. Enemy spawns are different from NG+ and onwards and loot from chests also improves. Jolly cooperation was fun as always and now I'd also get a sunlight medal when summoning a golden phantom, which helped to get 30 medals faster. 

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 4

1L7b0d30.png

I got this one from a sale to try it. At first it was fun to move around and beat the levels, but the game quickly became extremely repetitive and boring. There's hardly any variation, besides some new enemies. The second half of the game was a real chore to complete. Not to mention almost all of the 91 levels had to be completed multiple times to get all the optional objectives. I'm so glad I got this game during the sale, because it's not worth the full price.

1Ldc3b39.png

This game is a bit confusing in terms of story. Not much background information is given, characters are thrown into the story, and the story is very short. All in all it feels very rushed. The game suddenly ends after the final boss fight, while leaving a lot of questions unanswered. It's easy to powerlevel and become too OP, which makes fights a bit boring. Which is a shame, because it had potential. Attacking different parts of enemies and figuring out the correct order yields a lot of bonus exp.

1Ld82352.png

I've heard a lot of things about this game and I agree with some of it. The game tries to hard to be difficult. The start of the game is the hardest part, because you only start with 1 estus flask. Luckily there are some consumable items that slowly restores some health, but these cost souls to buy and are limited until beating the Last Giant boss. It's also possible to permanently clear an area of enemies. While this sounds great, it also means limited amount of souls available for leveling up, improving equipment, and buying items. The Souls games are all about trial and error: you try something and either succeed or die, in which case you try something different. However, this game also punishes gamers for dying by reducing their maximum health by 5% for each death. This does stop after 10 deaths, still at 50% health most enemies can kill you with 1-2 hits. To get your health back it's necessary to consume a Human Effigy. These things are very rare at first and cost a lot of souls. All these things make the start of the game very annoying. By the time you find a lot of human effigies or a lot of lifegems, it's no longer needed. This makes the game feel unbalanced. During the second playthrough I hit 99 effigies and didn't even need them, because of the Ring of Life Protection that negates death and allows gamers to retain their souls. Since there are 3 per playthrough, stocking up on them removes the need for human effigies. Still, besides these flaws the game offers a nice challenge. Enemy spawns are different from NG+ and onwards and loot from chests also improves. Jolly cooperation was fun as always and now I'd also get a sunlight medal when summoning a golden phantom, which helped to get 30 medals faster. 

Wow Dragon got a lot off new platinum's D: soon back to Star Ocean ?

845380.gif?w=620&h=333&crop=1

• Like 1

1L7b0d30.png

1Ldc3b39.png

1Ld82352.png

I've heard a lot of things about this game and I agree with some of it. The game tries to hard to be difficult. The start of the game is the hardest part, because you only start with 1 estus flask. Luckily there are some consumable items that slowly restores some health, but these cost souls to buy and are limited until beating the Last Giant boss. It's also possible to permanently clear an area of enemies. While this sounds great, it also means limited amount of souls available for leveling up, improving equipment, and buying items. The Souls games are all about trial and error: you try something and either succeed or die, in which case you try something different. However, this game also punishes gamers for dying by reducing their maximum health by 5% for each death. This does stop after 10 deaths, still at 50% health most enemies can kill you with 1-2 hits. To get your health back it's necessary to consume a Human Effigy. These things are very rare at first and cost a lot of souls. All these things make the start of the game very annoying. By the time you find a lot of human effigies or a lot of lifegems, it's no longer needed. This makes the game feel unbalanced. During the second playthrough I hit 99 effigies and didn't even need them, because of the Ring of Life Protection that negates death and allows gamers to retain their souls. Since there are 3 per playthrough, stocking up on them removes the need for human effigies. Still, besides these flaws the game offers a nice challenge. Enemy spawns are different from NG+ and onwards and loot from chests also improves. Jolly cooperation was fun as always and now I'd also get a sunlight medal when summoning a golden phantom, which helped to get 30 medals faster. 

So awesome bud, congratulations :D, especially Dark Souls 2, you know me right? :P

Here hoping you decide to get back and pay a visit to your fellow friend Ancient Dragon for some teaching 

• Like 1

1L7b0d30.png

1Ldc3b39.png

1Ld82352.png

Good job on the platinums :) Last Rebellion is similar to Star Ocean in terms of grind and difficulty :P

• Like 1

So awesome bud, congratulations :D, especially Dark Souls 2, you know me right? :P

Here hoping you decide to get back and pay a visit to your fellow friend Ancient Dragon for some teaching 

Thnx bud :D. How about some jolly cooperation for the Ancient Dragon :awesome:?

Good job on the platinums :) Last Rebellion is similar to Star Ocean in terms of grind and difficulty :P

Thnx Mayus :D. Lol, yeah I agree ;).

• Like 1

Thnx bud :D. How about some jolly cooperation for the Ancient Dragon :awesome:?

Hahaha. Would love to help bud however the version I played was the ps4 one, don't know if we can coop, I'll try to get dark souls 2 ps3 at some point too, I really could get the plat again and hopefully find the original for sale, it's indeed hard nowadays

• Like 1