The best examples of Touchpad integration

ShadowGandalf

GTA 5. You can use the touchpad while in a car to change radio station and change gun :)

Minecraft. You can access the host options for inviting friends and change in-game rules

I miss that you can also use(on GTA) the touchpad to switch between camera perspectives. Edited by pese-97

Wow. I've actually got a few games not listed here, so here it is!

Switch Galaxy Ultra: Swiping across the touchpad switches lanes. However it requires a full swipe though, starting from one end of the touchpad ending at the other. It's hard to pull off if you're not paying attention, which can happen in later levels when trying to avoid numerous obstacles.

Trials Fusion: Press right side of touch pad for pause menu, left side to reset course. (Also works on PC with DS4Windows drivers too)

Angry Birds Star Wars: Aim / Launch bird - this plays roughly the same as the Vita version using the touchscreen, or the version on your phone. Fun!

Flower: Opens "screensaver" where the game shows off various areas of the level non-interactively, same as pressing Select in PS3/Vita versions.

The Swapper: (Once in map) Drag finger to look around map.

SHAREFactory: Swipe / Drag to move the current time position in main edit screen

Sound Shapes: Creating levels: Swipe to navigate to a different screen. Swipe and drag to navigate through item selection pages. Beat School: Touchpad button places a note.

To elaborate on Infamous second son: Place finger on "scanner" at scanning station (laying finger diagonally on touchpad), swipe in pause menu to switch menu items. And dont forget for those doors you swipe left.

To elaborate on FEZ: Touchpad BUTTON opens map. Hold and drag your finger on the touchpad to move map viewing angle, and swipe left or right to change view angle 90 degrees left or right.

Wow. I've actually got a few games not listed here, so here it is!

Switch Galaxy Ultra: Swiping across the touchpad switches lanes. However it requires a full swipe though, starting from one end of the touchpad ending at the other. It's hard to pull off if you're not paying attention, which can happen in later levels when trying to avoid numerous obstacles.

Trials Fusion: Press right side of touch pad for pause menu, left side to reset course. (Also works on PC with DS4Windows drivers too)

Angry Birds Star Wars: Aim / Launch bird - this plays roughly the same as the Vita version using the touchscreen, or the version on your phone. Fun!

Flower: Opens "screensaver" where the game shows off various areas of the level non-interactively, same as pressing Select in PS3/Vita versions.

The Swapper: (Once in map) Drag finger to look around map.

SHAREFactory: Swipe / Drag to move the current time position in main edit screen

Sound Shapes: Creating levels: Swipe to navigate to a different screen. Swipe and drag to navigate through item selection pages. Beat School: Touchpad button places a note.

To elaborate on Infamous second son: Place finger on "scanner" at scanning station (laying finger diagonally on touchpad), swipe in pause menu to switch menu items. And dont forget for those doors you swipe left.

To elaborate on FEZ: Touchpad BUTTON opens map. Hold and drag your finger on the touchpad to move map viewing angle, and swipe left or right to change view angle 90 degrees left or right.

Cheers for all those. I won't change my entry for Second Son, as I think just saying 'Context Sensitive' pretty much covers it.

Infamous Second son-You use it to drain energy for powers like smoke,neon,video power,etc,Wolfenstein the new order-Opens BJs journals and shows you perks,the collectables in mission you are in,etc,And Stick it to the man.

You must've not checked the list before posting... I've got those listed already. Thanks for the input though.. if you have anymore, do let me know.

Cheers for all those. I won't change my entry for Second Son, as I think just saying 'Context Sensitive' pretty much covers it.

You must've not checked the list before posting... I've got those listed already. Thanks for the input though.. if you have anymore, do let me know.

Yeah i didn't realize that til after I posted. Sorry though

I liked the use of the touch pad in Shadow Warrior, it was used as an alternate input for special moves and magics. Moves can be done with a double tap of the movement stick and the right or left trigger, or alternatively with a swipe of the touch pad in the proper direction along with a pull of the appropriate trigger. I found myself switching back and forth in play depending on how hectic and hary things were and my desired movement direction.

Also, no one mentioned Bloodborne, the touch pad acts as two menus, the left side being the gesture menu, the right being an item menu.

Just played FEZ again to make sure the main listing is right.... and I got some notes to add.

In main gameplay  - Swipe the touchpad left/right to switch 2D screen angle 90 degrees left/right respectively.

Use the touchpad button to open map.

In map - Hold and drag finger on touchpad to pan map around current level selection. Same as using "Pan" with right stick. Not the same as swipe.

In map - Swipe left/right to move map angle 90 degrees. Same as "Spin" with L2/R2.

(Ps. You forgot to add the swapper to your list.)

I would like to mention The Binding Of Isaac: Rebirth where touching it makes your map more(smaller, fixed)/less(bigger, movable) visible [toogle]. Dragging your finger around it makes the map move too. I would like someone with experience on this to make it clear or sum up any mistakes I made, as I only played the vita version, but watched dozens of streams of the PS4 version.

I would like to mention The Binding Of Isaac: Rebirth where touching it makes your map more(smaller, fixed)/less(bigger, movable) visible [toogle]. Dragging your finger around it makes the map move too. I would like someone with experience on this to make it clear or sum up any mistakes I made, as I only played the vita version, but watched dozens of streams of the PS4 version.

Cheers.. I just put, 'move and adjust map'. If this is incorrect, anyone can feel free to correct me.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...