The best examples of Touchpad integration

ShadowGandalf

Infamous: First Light - Context Sensitive, roughly the same as Second Son. Draining powers, Overloading turrets, Used in (spoiler) ending scenes, etc. This time there are no swipes that I noticed, eg there is no opening doors, DUP scanner stations, or generator/Mobile command center sabotage.

Rocket League - By default pressing the touchpad button opens text chat in-game. There are custom button mappings in the game though so you could change this to your liking.

• 2 weeks later...

DmC Devil May Cry Definitive Edition: You can skip cut-scenes and open the items menu

btw if you wanna update my name, I changed it since I last posted here (it was mody94, associated with the sleeping dogs suggestion) :)

Also thanks for making this list (^__^)b

Edited by Sadistic Waffle

Any game that uses it as a gigantic Select Button and nothing else. I've yet to see or play a game that uses the touchpad as an actual touchpad and said "Wow, this is really useful." Because it's not.

Try Stick it to the Man. That's the best use I've personally played with.

Anyway, all updated. Warframe is already on the list colia, and I've updated your name Waffle.

• 5 weeks later...

Tearaway Unfolded
- Draw on touchpad to create paper decorations on-screen
- Move finger on touchpad to adjust focus selection cursor in taking in-game pictures
- (When nearby a record player) Swipe left/right (or hold touchpad to stop) to scratch nearby records. (Be careful how fast you do it, I actually crashed the game after rapidly performing several full swipes)

- Swipe up/down/left/right to blow a gust of wind in the specified direction.

- When an object is held "in your controller" swipe up to throw it, or swipe left/right to "stroke" it (-That's meant for animal NPCs).

- While holding a paper plane, swipe up to take off.

- While riding a paper plane, swipe up to keep your speed up, swipe left/right to perform a barrel roll left or right, respectively. Swipe down to perform a loop.
- Press touchpad button to open presents and operate "drumskin" bounce platforms.

Edit: Once again more functions added.

I'm sure more touchpad functions will come up over the course of the game...

Edited by CypherNova139
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hitman GO: Definitive Edition

- Swipe up/down/left/right to move one turn in respective direction. The game will recognize swipes starting anywhere from the edge of the touchpad to starting near the middle, or even a left swipe on the right side only, the game doesn't really care. (I'd imagine this non-sensitivity is a carry over from the game originally being a phone exclusive, having to recognize short swipes anywhere.)

Galak-Z

- Press to open map.

Edited by CypherNova139

• 2 months later...

Surprised no one has mentioned this yet...

LittleBigPlanet 3

- Swipe to navigate menus, press to open item

- In Create mode / Popit powerup,

• Press to place object
  • Drag to move object or popit cursor around
  • Drag with 2 fingers - 1 swiping up 1 swiping down to rotate object
  • Drag with 2 fingers away from or toward each other to resize object.

- In Play mode, press to open popit. Drag finger / swipe to navigate popit menus.