7/25/2014 The Day "Bestbuy" Accidentally Sold "Xbox Ones" For "$49.99" in Canada.

DarknessKey92

SO there was an article that said a BestBuy in Canada had made a HUGE Mistake of accidentally setting their "Xbox One 500GB Console Standard Edition With Rayman Legends" Price tag to A Incredibly low price of "$49.99".

The most Incredible part of this story is 2 things:

A) Some people were actually able to go to the store quickly & pick up a Xbox One(With Rayman Legends) @ $49.99 before the people in charge figured out what happened(resulting in a Price Reset).

B) Certain People convinced other stores to price match the Best Buy site's Error...and buying it for that much without them realizing it was an error. 

I Found this story Awkwardly Funny, and Awesome(if they do get to keep them).

Article made by "Sharon Coone"

http://www.twinfinite.net/2014/07/25/best-buy-accidentally-sold-45-xbox-one-consoles/

A few lucky Canadians had a great day today, when they discovered Best Buy Canada listed the Xbox One console with Rayman Legends for the beautifully low price of $44.99.

sgbhTBT-650x433.jpg

The listing, now corrected, was uncovered this morning by Reddit user Z3ppelinDude93. Many commentors noted that Best Buy reserves the right to cancel any orders placed for the cheap console, but some mention the trick is to order online, reserve at a local store, run over there, and get your hands on your painfully cheap Xbox One before Best Buy gets a clue.

“The people in store don’t know what’s going on and just give it to you,” commentedpaulx441, who also included a receipt proving the concept, although he himself did not participate in the deal. The same user also adds that “some people got other stores (such as Futureshop) to price match the Best Buy site and get the 10% price matching difference. Those are the real legends because you have to convince a manager at another store to think that Best Buy wasn’t making a pricing error.”

kL1PJXR-484x650.jpg

Do you know anyone who managed to grab an Xbox One for one Ulysses S. Grant? Let us know so we can worship at their sale snagging feet.

• Like 1

I'm sure they do get to keep them, Best Buy did go through with the order after all.  It's Best Buy's mistake, not the customers'.

Seemed like an awesome deal, I know I said I would never get a Xbox One, but if it was going at that price at any of the stores here.. I think I would have just forgot I ever said that :P

I'm sure they do get to keep them, Best Buy did go through with the order after all.  It's Best Buy's mistake, not the customers'.

Seemed like an awesome deal, I know I said I would never get a Xbox One, but if it was going at that price at any of the stores here.. I think I would have just forgot I ever said that :P

Certainly, not the customer's fault. Transaction has been made and is legally binding.

Very very sloppy by Bestbuy

There was an error om Zavvi where people bought Tearaway and were instead sent a Vita.

Zavvi demanded the Vitas to be returned and threatened to sue whoever didn't.

So wouldn't surprise me if Best Buy didn't let people keep them.

There was an error om Zavvi where people bought Tearaway and were instead sent a Vita.

Zavvi demanded the Vitas to be returned and threatened to sue whoever didn't.

So wouldn't surprise me if Best Buy didn't let people keep them.

That was Zavvi's mistake, but as far as wanting to sue the customers? Zavvi does know good way to lose customers.. I never liked them since the first order I made, slow as hell postage, terrible customer service (never replied).

There isn't much Best Buy can do with the lucky few that got it for this price, they had the price there, went through with the order, the best they can do is just fix it so it doesn't continue to happen.

That was Zavvi's mistake, but as far as wanting to sue the customers? Zavvi does know good way to lose customers.. I never liked them since the first order I made, slow as hell postage, terrible customer service (never replied).

There isn't much Best Buy can do with the lucky few that got it for this price, they had the price there, went through with the order, the best they can do is just fix it so it doesn't continue to happen.

The store don't see the price when you pick up. It was legal theft. I would ban the IP of the accounts used for in store pickups. 

The store don't see the price when you pick up. It was legal theft. I would ban the IP of the accounts used for in store pickups. 

Even so, Best Buy's website allowed this to go through.  Plus its on a printed out receipt, the store knew what price it was going for.

But they sure see it when putting the price tag. The fault is theirs and blaming or punishing the customers who buy it is beyond stupid. But companies do tend to be stupid from time to time.

I wish something like that happened here.