Getting A Vita [BEST GAME SUGGESTIONS]

Buswellmation

I got my Vita not long after launch so i paid almost £300 and only got a 4gb memory card with it. However, i still think it was worth that much money simply because of how much use i've gotten from it. And now the PS4 just makes it even more worth it. At the current prices, i say it's crazy not to buy one :D

If you get one you'll love it.  

My only thought is that only get one if you can really afford it, as a 3rd sony console it is a bit of a luxury but if you have a little money to burn you'll enjoy it.

re: Lego games, only played Batman 2 on the Vita and it's not a great port.  Hopefully the lord of the rings / hobbit VITA titles will pop up on plus on some point so I can see if the quality has gotten better.

Stick to the quality stuff like Uncharted GA, Gravity Rush, Killzone, Tearaway and the metric tonne of JRPGs/  I've been told gundam breaker is worth it as well.

I'm sure the OP has the money or otherwise he wouldn't even be considering it, having all 3 consoles is awesome :D

Also, LEGO Lord of the Rings was on Plus awhile ago for the Vita.

Also, tip for the memory cards, import from Japan.  They are a lot cheaper there and its insert and play so there's no getting confused with the set-up process.

Edited by DEMON
  • Like 3

Also, tip for the memory cards, import from Japan.  They are a lot cheaper there and its insert and play so there's no getting confused with the set-up process.

Ive been wanting to pick one up on Amazon but was unsure if they would work on a NA Vita. Thx for the tip.

I love the Vita So Much I have the original and I purchased the slim too, one for each of my PSN accounts, I love the Vita, and dont leave home without it. 

Currently Playing Corpse Party (PSP) since it was on sale last week, Best $20 I even spend for both games. Corpse Party and Corpse Part: Book of Shadows. 

Make sure you get a good PSVita bundle, that also includes a 8 GB memory card. It is enough if you intend to play no more than 3-4 games at time.

There are many good bundles out there. I got the most interesting one I could find after a long search in stores : it is a PSV original model, with a 8 GB memory card and a three months PS+ subscription.

This http://media.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/files/2013/06/vita-bundle1.jpg  is the prettiest bundle available in Europe tough, but I couldn't find that. It includes 10 valuable games, such as Litte Big Planet Vita and Wipeout 2048.

Edited by RainyDusk

Ivr had my vita since launch, and played it consistently since - great system.

In my opinion the best games on it are

1. Lone Survivor

2. Lumines: Electronic Symphony

3. Escape Plan

4. Tearaway

5. Tales from Space: About a Blob

6. Gravity Rush*

7. Uncharted: Golden Abyss*

8. Persona 4

9. Final Fantasy X HD

10. Child of Light

*these are free with ps+

Ivr had my vita since launch, and played it consistently since - great system.

In my opinion the best games on it are

1. Lone Survivor

2. Lumines: Electronic Symphony

3. Escape Plan

4. Tearaway

5. Tales from Space: About a Blob

6. Gravity Rush*

7. Uncharted: Golden Abyss*

8. Persona 4

9. Final Fantasy X HD

10. Child of Light

*these are free with ps+

I'm liking the look of some of those games there :D

I'm liking the look of some of those games there :D

go for it man - if nothing else, Lumines can turn a commute into a pleasure - I remember taking a 3 hour train jouney where I booted up Lumines, and managed to miss my stop by like a half hour! :facepalm: An absolute pleasure of a puzzle game :)

Based on what I've played so far:

Exclusives

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

Persona 4 Golden

Soul Sacrifice

Breakquest: Extra Evolution

Flying Hamster

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus

Men's Room Mayhem

Unit 13

Cross Buys

Hotline Miami

Retro City Rampage

Dragon Fantasy Book I

Dragon Fantasy Book II

Guacamelee

Velocity Ultra

There are few others that I really like but they are more "hit or miss".

go for it man - if nothing else, Lumines can turn a commute into a pleasure - I remember taking a 3 hour train jouney where I booted up Lumines, and managed to miss my stop by like a half hour! :facepalm: An absolute pleasure of a puzzle game :)

Based on what I've played so far:

Exclusives

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

Persona 4 Golden

Soul Sacrifice

Breakquest: Extra Evolution

Flying Hamster

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus

Men's Room Mayhem

Unit 13

Cross Buys

Hotline Miami

Retro City Rampage

Dragon Fantasy Book I

Dragon Fantasy Book II

Guacamelee

Velocity Ultra

There are few others that I really like but they are more "hit or miss".

Thanks for the suggestions and DrBloodmoney, next time I'm on a train with a PSVita, I'll make sure I won't miss my stop ;)

Imo, Virtues Last Reward is very iffy.  It depends whether you like point and clickers and sitting through hours of dialogue.  I find the game fine, but the story is that long that it has lost my interest.

Edited by DEMON

Imo, Escape Plan is very iffy.  It depends whether you like point and clickers and sitting through hours of dialogue.  I find the game fine, but the story is that long that it has lost my interest.

I Think you are talking about Virtues Last Reward?

Escape Plan is the touch screen puzzler, it has no dialogue...

Glad you're going to get a Vita, is the best thing Sony ever did in my opinion. It's a shame to see it struggl, but I'll never understand,so? lol

But to me this are the best

Persona 4 golden/ Final Fantasy X HD

Tearaway

Disgaea 3

Gravity Rush

rayman Legends

Soul Sacrifice and Uncharted are also amazing

• Like 1