Getting A Vita [BEST GAME SUGGESTIONS]

Buswellmation

Hey guys, the last handheld console I owned was a DS and that was years ago. I have a PS3 and a PS4, but I was unsure whether I would by a PSVita or not? Could I have some suggestions on should I buy one or not and if so, what games? 

-[Note 1]-: I will be buying a PlayStation Vita, thanks to all of your supportive comments and suggestions! I aim to buy one in September/October

-[Note 2]-: Please feel free to carry on suggesting games in the comments please so I know what's best to buy and what isn't. Thank you!

Edited by Buswellmation

I own one and I really enjoy it, and since you have the PS3 & PS4 you can use it in remote play as well. If you are a JRPG fan that you will probably enjoy the Vita in my opinion. The games I would recommend would be Persona 4 Golden, Little Big Planet PS Vita, Danganronpa, and Tearaway

It's only worth getting it as long you think it is worth it, I'd say if you want some extra fun games to change from when playing alot of games on PS3 & PS4, then give it a try..i recommend if you have a friend or any family relative you can borrow it for a while (a day or a less to an hour) to try it out.

The Vita is worth it, at least it is for me, some people have mixed opinions towards it, but I actually love it! If you are a PS+ user, you'll already have quite a bunch of games, but make sure you try Gravity Rush, Tearaway, the Rayman games and Persona 4 Golden (best Vita title so far) :D

Moreover, if you love JRPG's, both Disgaea 4 and Tales of Hearts R are coming this year :)

Edited by Omar

Thank you for your advice everyone. I am starting work soon so hopefully I will start saving up for one and get it within a few months! I'll also check out Persona 4 Golden as well  ^_^

The Vita is worth it, at least it is for me, some people have mixed opinions towards it, but I actually love it! If you are a PS+ user, you'll already have quite a bunch of games, but make sure you try Gravity Rush, Tearaway, the Rayman games and Persona 4 Golden (best Vita title so far) :D

Moreover, if you love JRPG's, both Disgaea 4 and Tales of Hearts R are coming this year :)

I will also check out those games too, defiantly the Rayman titles :D 

• Like 1

I am a fresh new PS Vita owner, bought it a week ago and have a backlog of nearly 30 games I'm going to play, since I have been a PS+ subscriber for almost a year.

Other than that, I'm also interested in other titles to play, like Persona 4 Golden and Ys Celceta. I made a list of the games I'm interested to play on PSVita and got a total of 70 games. Say PSVita has no games!

As a piece of hardware, I'm simply loving it. I'm actually spending more time playing my PSV than PS3.

As a matter of fact, I was undecided between getting a PSVita or a 3DS, and got the first for the following reasons : lower price, better hardware, better screen, diverse games and a very convenient subscription for monthly games.

I'm very happy for the purchase. I'm playing Uncharted : Golden Abyss with some daily Smart As these days. 

Edited by RainyDusk

If you get one you'll love it.  

My only thought is that only get one if you can really afford it, as a 3rd sony console it is a bit of a luxury but if you have a little money to burn you'll enjoy it.

re: Lego games, only played Batman 2 on the Vita and it's not a great port.  Hopefully the lord of the rings / hobbit VITA titles will pop up on plus on some point so I can see if the quality has gotten better.

Stick to the quality stuff like Uncharted GA, Gravity Rush, Killzone, Tearaway and the metric tonne of JRPGs/  I've been told gundam breaker is worth it as well.

As far as Lego games go they are definitely better on console. That said, batman 2 and lord of the rings were both decent. There is no open world to explore in batman 2 on vita though. They are pretty easy platinums too.

As far as Lego games go they are definitely better on console. That said, batman 2 and lord of the rings were both decent. There is no open world to explore in batman 2 on vita though. They are pretty easy platinums too.

Oh yeah I know the LEGO console games are better by a long shot but as long as they're easy platinums then thats fine by me

Everyone's telling you it's great and no one is telling you the drawbacks/disadvantages ...

The main disadvantages are, you can only have one memory card at a time, memory cards are ridiculously expensive, battery life doesn't last long unless you mute and lower brightness, which would cause a flaw in gaming experience

Now it's up to you to consider the advantages they have said and the disadvantages and see fot yourself if it's worth it

I will say I was a little skeptic about the price of memory sticks and a lack of physical retail vita games, but I found a great use in great PSP games (and PS! games being played portable) and the amount of great (sometimes wierd) vita games offered on plus.

Obviously  get Persona 4 Golden and Uncharted Golden Abyss (if its not a part of plus anymore)

I will say I was a little skeptic about the price of memory sticks and a lack of physical retail vita games, but I found a great use in great PSP games (and PS! games being played portable) and the amount of great (sometimes wierd) vita games offered on plus.

Obviously  get Persona 4 Golden and Uncharted Golden Abyss (if its not a part of plus anymore)

Everyone's telling you it's great and no one is telling you the drawbacks/disadvantages ...

The main disadvantages are, you can only have one memory card at a time, memory cards are ridiculously expensive, battery life doesn't last long unless you mute and lower brightness, which would cause a flaw in gaming experience

Now it's up to you to consider the advantages they have said and the disadvantages and see fot yourself if it's worth it

Well, the main reasons why I want to buy a Vita is:

1. I can use it for Remote Play and experience PS4 in a different way

2. To start/boost my Platinum/Trophy hunting career xD

3. I can also use it as something to play on my train journeys to college as it's a 20 minute journey

Thanks for pointing out the disadvantages, I still think I'll buy one and P4G is a game that most people are suggesting to get so I'll get that too :P

I asked the same question over a year ago and finally about 2 months ago I bought one. My first thought after buying it and playing for a few hours was... Why did I wait so long to buy one??? It's a great and powerful system on the go and if you're a Plus member, the amount of free games available makes it pay for itself right out the gate not to mention the current bundle for only $199 which includes Borderlands... (I think that's still current) You can't go wrong. Now having said that, I don't get to play it as often as I should but when I do, I always enjoy it and have no regrets buying it. It's a great addition to your gaming portfolio. Sometimes I wish I bought my Vita before I bought my X1 cause that has been a total disappointment for me.

Yes you do have a point however it's still a handheld and will have its limitations. Having said that, the benefits of owning one, still out way the negatives you mentioned. Just my opinion.
  • Like 1