How many playthroughs to get all trophies?

Hey guys,

i just got TLOU for the PS4. My question is how playthroughs does it require to get all trophies? Do I start at hard and then grounded, grounded+. Or do I have to play hard, survivor, survivor+, grounded and then grounded+? In that case would it be better to start with survivor? Thanks alot.

Did they remove the workaround that allowed you to play a + playthrough on a harder difficulty then what you initially beat the game using? (i.e. Beat on Normal / workaround for 2nd playthrough to do Grounded +)

Edited by MatCauthon

Is it true that when you finish the game on any difficulty you unlock ALL "+" difficulties? i.e i finished the game on Easy, will i have only Easy+ unlocked or Easy+ to Grounded+ unlocked?

I just fnish the game on normal and I can only play easy+ and normal+ so you need to complete the game on Survivor to unlock Survivor+.

Edited by FUNNY_VINCE

But then you wouldn't have the regular Grounded mode trophy so there's little advantage to using that glitch.

for the PS3 if you beat easy mode, then jumped to Survivor+ you UNLOCK SURVIVOR+, SURVIVOR, HARD+, HARD, MEDIUM+, MEDIUM, and EASY+, so if this still works, then it will unlock everything including GROUNDED+ and GROUNDED.

Non Plus is a new game.  Always do a game+ to keep your weapon/health upgrades.  I did Normal first for all collectibles, and now I'm doing Grounded+ for all difficulty related trophies. 

For the max health upgrade trophy you don't need to upgrade the hearing or the shiv master, so you can do that in your first playthrough.

To fully upgrade all weapons you need at least 2 playthroughs.  I'm hoping I will be able to do this in my Grounded+ as the amount of parts is not reduced vs Normal.  Only the amount ammo,and shiv parts is reduced in higher difficulties.

How did I go from Normal to Grounded+?  It's been stated before:

1. Play through the game on Normal difficulty (save game and keep it for later)
  2. Start New Game + on Normal difficulty  (new game save)
  3. Complete the Prologue
  4. Quit to main menu
  5. Chapter Select
  6. Prologue on Grounded

If you did chapter select after credits roll for collectibles, to regain all upgrades in game+ do either of these before starting new game+

• replay epilogue on that game save
  • reload game save file with complete game
Edited by Great__Cornholio

I just finished Grounded+, now all I need are the online MP trophies to get 100%

It took me 3 playthroughs to finish the story mode trophies since I didn't know that the save glitches still work on PS4 and to complete the gun upgrades.

That's Normal, Normal+, Grounded+. I used Chapter Select and played the last subchapter, I did the subchapters in reversse, it's easier that way imo.

Edited by ipot_04

YES! Parts and pills too.

meh. didn't really fully transferred to mine that's why it took me 2 playthroughs on Normal+ just to get all the weapon upgrades.

I think it has something to do with my original save file that was started before v1.01 was released then it caused some issues that partially messed up the weapon and stat upgrades.

But that's ok now that I've already done all of the trophies in story mode so I don't have to worry about issues that would be present in the v1.02 patch related to the story mode even though that patch is meant for multiplayer.

Edited by ipot_04

1. Start your first playthrough on Easy or Normal or Hard, get all shiv doors, collect as many parts and supplements as possible. Fully upgrade the bow, rifle and flame thrower (if possible).

Use supplements to update Max Health, Weapon Sway and whatever else you want but try to have 225 left at the end of the game. This is because you can't update Shiv Master on Easy and it requires 75 supplements for level 1 and 150 supplements for level 2.

2. Start your second playthrough on Easy+, get all shiv doors again, collect as many parts, supplies and supplements as possible. Always carry 3 of any item (nailbomb, molotov, shiv, etc) but never use them. Also only use your guns if absolutely necessary or you know that you will get more ammo shortly so your guns are always fully loaded.

Start upgrading your weapons in the following order: Flamethrower, El Diablo, Shorty, Shotgun, Revolver, 9mm. (Should you not have enough parts to upgrade all weapons you'll only be missing the ones you get near the beginning of the game. If you're missing an upgrade to the Flamethrower, you'll have to play through all the way until you pick it up again).

Play until you reach the epilogue but don't finish. Save your game, go to the main menu and...

3. Select each chapter (or sub chapter, I recommend doing no more than 2 sub chapters at once) in reverse, starting with 11. Select Grounded difficulty and create a new save slot.

This way you'll have a full arsenal, lots of weapon parts (if you haven't upgraded any weapsons before at this point in the game) on Grounded+. You can just kill everything easily and run through the game without having to pick up or search for anything.

Steps 2 and 3 combined took me about 15 hours of playtime (9 on Easy+ collecting everything, 6 on Grounded+ chapter replay).

4. After completing every subchapter on Grounded play the Epilogue again, on Grounded, and you will pop every single difficulty related trophy you haven't unlocked before.

Edited by soniq