Thoughts about the Ending? (Contains SPOILERS)!

If you haven't finished LR:FFXIII yet then I strongly recommend you should not read this because this contains spoilers.

Allright guys. I've got some unanswered questions. After you killed god you fly to a new world.. (possibly earth?) and it looks really modern. But lightning also says: "The crystal age is a legend from before the world was born, and it ended before you were born." and she also says "Soon we'll be together.".. Who is she talking to? The player itself? What has happened with the eidolons? (Odin etc). What happened to Caius? Did he die? Where are lightning's friends? Is she going to search for them in the new world?

What are your thoughts about the ending?

• Like 1

The big baddy god was creating lifeless souls to control everything. He needed a goddess basically, and chose Lightning. He had apparently created Earth and was ready to fill it with souless husks, and rule it with Lightning. When she kills the god at the end, it takes her to Earth, where she is reborn. All her friends and Eidolons are saved and will be reborn in the new world too. At least that's what I understood. It was a lot of nonsense that basically says "They all lived happily ever after, on Earth".

I honestly thought the ending was terrible. But I guess it fits, since the whole series was terrible.

• Like 1

The big baddy god was creating lifeless souls to control everything. He needed a goddess basically, and chose Lightning. He had apparently created Earth and was ready to fill it with souless husks, and rule it with Lightning. When she kills the god at the end, it takes her to Earth, where she is reborn. All her friends and Eidolons are saved and will be reborn in the new world too. At least that's what I understood. It was a lot of nonsense that basically says "They all lived happily ever after, on Earth".

I honestly thought the ending was terrible. But I guess it fits, since the whole series was terrible.

That's what I figured, but there are still some questions unanswered. And IMO the series were really good.

I can answer them easily actually.

The planet that all characters fly to is earth (meaning the earth was created after the nova crystallis and the nova crystallis ended before we were born, meaning that the modern "earth" was created after nova crystallis.
The "soon we will be together" was possibly for serah and her friends, guessing that all the characters got separated when they reached the earth.
The eidolons disappeared just after lightning finished bhunivelze (as the player sees all characters say goodbye to all eidolons including odin and mog)
Caius and yuel disappeared into the chaos in the nova crystallis and remained there (as the player can see that caius gave noel his "yuel" before disappearing forever)
As i said about we will be together, they are all got separated when they reached the earth including serah and lightning.
And yes, she is searching for them all, but without any trouble or dooming gods.

IMO, The ending did the game justice, didn't expect a better ending for the triology.
Even my little brother said that this ending was "wow"

• Like 3

I can answer them easily actually.

The planet that all characters fly to is earth (meaning the earth was created after the nova crystallis and the nova crystallis ended before we were born, meaning that the modern "earth" was created after nova crystallis.

The "soon we will be together" was possibly for serah and her friends, guessing that all the characters got separated when they reached the earth.

The eidolons disappeared just after lightning finished bhunivelze (as the player sees all characters say goodbye to all eidolons including odin and mog)

Caius and yuel disappeared into the chaos in the nova crystallis and remained there (as the player can see that caius gave noel his "yuel" before disappearing forever)

As i said about we will be together, they are all got separated when they reached the earth including serah and lightning.

And yes, she is searching for them all, but without any trouble or dooming gods.

IMO, The ending did the game justice, didn't expect a better ending for the triology.

Even my little brother said that this ending was "wow"

Nice! Yeah almost everything what you said Is what i figured too. The ending was pretty cool  :lol:

• 3 months later...

I didn't think the ending was bad but it wasn't very good either

There was a lot of nonsense but it was interesting non the less

On another topic i think the hole problem with XIII-2 & LR was that they were "too japanese" (XIII was very linear but it had the best story IMO)

It may sound crazy to say that they were "too japanese" since they are JRPG's but IMO the best FF's are those that blend Western & Asian culture

• 1 month later...
Well, what I guess...

Earth already exists at the time that Nova Cristalys exists, the world that Bhunivelze created to the "puppets souls" was destroyed during the battle in the cutscenes with the awesome group attack (I didn't remember that Noel had an Eidolon, but well)

After Bhunivelze "death", Caius and the Seeress choose to stay in the chaos to watch over Bhunivelze and they gifted Noel with the last Yeul

Mog and the Eidolons sad goodbye to reborn in a new world, Lightning, her friends and the souls of past and present went to Earth to be reborn, but they got separated as soon they fall in our planet

It was my first main Final Fantasy game after Final Fantasy Tactics and I liked very much, I'll try Final Fantasy X|X-2 on PS4 : 3 to see how the pasts Final Fantasy (with trophies) are :P

Edited by rafael_martines

Loved the ending of the game thought it did the series justice, as for your questions they have been answered already and if you go on the wiki their is a lot of in depth analysis of the ending and what happened next (some as bizarre as stating that lightning was just an author of a book, hence she was on the train in the ending of the game and at the start of final fantasy xiii). Just take it how you will xD

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The trilogy was bad so I did not wait a good ending.

However the ending was worse than I expected. 

FF XIII was a bad game but at least Square tried to make a story, they tried but they did not succeed but at least you fell that they tried, the music was ok and the gameplay was awful.

FF XIII-2 had a best gameplay, the music in my opinion was better but the story was full of non-sense, at least I spend time training monsters.

LR FF XIII, had a mix of songs of the 2 first games and some new songs so it is ok for me, the gameplay was normal, I expected it to be a little better, but the story was so full of non-sense, fan service, lame characters and a emotion-less main character that in 2 days you will forget who she was.

I have played all the FF games and I remember that when FF XIII first launched I was very excited to play it, it was the worst of all the FF games (FFX-2 was the worst FF before it) so I did not expect much from the sequels (I do not know why Square made sequels from a bad game in the first place) but at least I expected them to make a good ending.

The ending was really bad in my opinion, full of fan service, non-sense and “in the end” you want to know what happened with the others characters, at least it is a “closed” ending so we will not have FF XIII-4…..

To each its own, I suppose. I just finished the game and I quite enjoyed it. Both the gameplay with some well thought sidequests and, yes, the ending. It's also quite open worldish, without being too dispersive. Just the time mechanism is a bit in the middle, but all together it is a great game. Still there are few things I don't understand:

Where all the guys came from. The only one who made sense was Serah with Mog (as he was instructed to do). But the others? Like Sazh. There has been barely any contact with him when he was in madland. And no much later either. Also what were they? Souls?  still with the l'Cie power and Eidolons, lost after FF XIII? Unless the Eidolons are sentient with their own soul.

Then what age of crystals? The ones the l'Cie were turned on? What was that big crystal that went into million pieces? 

The one thing I could get for good is that at least Claire's soul landed in France. This was clear from the Earth view and the train station. But there were another couple of souls ending there.

All together the trilogy has been much better than what some people keep yelling around. Sure, there was no need for FFXIII-2, and Lightning Return could easily be made as its own game (FF XV) without messing up the good ending of FFXIII with time traveling and paradoxes. With a different cast and premises, modifying the story accordingly. Time traveling is a very dangerous field and FFXIII-2 on that didn't achieve. But at least LR has done the good deed of making me liking Lightning at last.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Jesus Christ, your opinion is terrible JamnLycan_US. I can break it down, but I won't bother.

But wow at the responses here. The series is good and it ended on a happy note which fits seeing how the characters went through hell. I would take this over FF7's anyday. Totally overrated game and series and that's why I will be avoiding the remake.

And to answer the topic, no Caius didn't die. He stayed in the Chaos with the other Yeuls and yes Lightning is searching for her friends in the new world as a new person pretty much. So again, ending was good, alot better than some of the other FFs and I hope to see Lightning in the future.

Edited by HeroFangGhetz
  • Like 1

to my understanding the new earth while is alot ike ours is the same earth we will see in ff15 

lightning unlike all her friends obtained godess status so shes immortal hence why she remembers every bit of the past while her friends and sister are continully reincrnated and find eachother through dreams (faded memories of the past world) so they always find eachother and lightning watches over them all never fuly letting on shes the exact same person each "cycle" to them its all kinda like a dream or faded memory a feeling they lived before had adventures etc 

as for the edolins and moogles they are with yuel and kias there something like demigods and yuel is the new godess of all 

i played the games nd read up on the extra content only out in japan i know some of it is more speculation then hard fact i mean i was using google translate and translations from other people