Rise of The Tomb Raider Exclusive To Xbox One

Goro

Technically it started on the Saturn and came to the PS1 and PC a couple weeks later.

Anyway, I prefer the new TR to any of the Uncharted games. I had a lot more fun with Lara than with Drake.

By that I meant that the 1st game was on PS...when xbox didn't even existed.Its hard too see a person that has been playing since PS1 and never played a Tomb Raider game...PS playas have fond memories with Lara and her adventures....so a real knife in fan's back.I'm not surprised though nowadays devs/companies don't give a damn about fans.

Hum...Tastes are inexplicable.

By that I meant that the 1st game was on PS...when xbox didn't even existed.Its hard too see a person that has been playing since PS1 and never played a Tomb Raider game...PS playas have fond memories with Lara and her adventures....

Ok, I see. But it shouldn't really matter if Xbox existed when TR came out or not, the same could be said about all Final Fantasies prior to 7 coming out only on Nintendo. Those were different circumstances and different times, but I hope you know what I mean.

Resident Evil too had a long relationship with PS (even though Part 1 also came out on the Saturn), but the Remake, Zero and 4 were announced exclusively for the Gamecube.

We know now that especially 4 wasn't so exclusive after all but at the time of the announcement nobody knew. Pretty much the same situation as with Rise of the TR. :)

btw: I have played every singles Tomb Raider game and owned a PS1 and PS2, but I haven't played TR on any PlayStation until the reboot came free with PS+.

I'm going to just put this here, I didn't write it. Found it on YT.

The hypocrisy is fucking real.
Holy shit.
It's fine when PS4 gets timed exclusives like no mans sky and year exclusive content on Destiny from a 10+ year xbox studio.
But when Xbox gets something, everyone loses their minds.
You guys a seriously fucked.

I'm going to just put this here, I didn't write it. Found it on YT.

The hypocrisy is fucking real.

Holy shit.

It's fine when PS4 gets timed exclusives like no mans sky and year exclusive content on Destiny from a 10+ year xbox studio.

But when Xbox gets something, everyone loses their minds.

You guys a seriously fucked.

know the difference between releasing a new IP exclusive on one platform or releasing the second game (reboot part 2) only on one!

We are all fine with Halo, Forza, Last of Us, Little Big Planet is exklusiv. But i'll think every Xbox owner will go mad when the next Halo will only be available on the PS4.

Wow.. talking about facepalming and awkward moments. so CD & SE don't wants to take my money anymore??

that's shame too, i nearly bought every game made by crystal dynamic in the past decade since GEX series. man that's really sad, i got hocked up to the TR reboot and loved it so much! " except dat boring MP " so i got excited for the sequel and then shit hit the fan and this came out o_o..... no it's still to early to list Square Enix or crystal dynamic on the list of my most hatered gaming companies just yet, there might be hope, like it's just a timed exclusive or something. TR 2013 didn't sold well across all platforms combined and the sequel been exclusive to one system will gonna fix this? way to go whoever behind this.

and in case of someone asking.. Sony got some great deals in destiny, well you guys with an Xbox's are still gonna play the game too.

It is a load of bullshit, Tomb Raider, especially when this is part of a series that was previously multi-platform, should never be exclusive to just one console.  Not a fan of the series at all, but still pretty stupid and sooner or later more likely they will screw over a series I really like and try and make it exclusive to a console I don't have (which is only the Xbox One which is the one I never intend on getting ever).

Edit; Also, timed exclusive or not, shit's still going to be spoiled, was a silly move to make.

know the difference between releasing a new IP exclusive on one platform or releasing the second game (reboot part 2) only on one!

We are all fine with Halo, Forza, Last of Us, Little Big Planet is exklusiv. But i'll think every Xbox owner will go mad when the next Halo will only be available on the PS4.

Which will never happen, this is a different case, Tomb Raider was multi-platform, Halo has always been an Xbox/PC exclusive. It's just like if they decided to announce Last of Us 2 for Xbox One only.. never will happen, ever.

Edited by DEMON

Ok, I see. But it shouldn't really matter if Xbox existed when TR came out or not, the same could be said about all Final Fantasies prior to 7 coming out only on Nintendo. Those were different circumstances and different times, but I hope you know what I mean.

Resident Evil too had a long relationship with PS (even though Part 1 also came out on the Saturn), but the Remake, Zero and 4 were announced exclusively for the Gamecube.

We know now that especially 4 wasn't so exclusive after all but at the time of the announcement nobody knew. Pretty much the same situation as with Rise of the TR. :)

btw: I have played every singles Tomb Raider game and owned a PS1 and PS2, but I haven't played TR on any PlayStation until the reboot came free with PS+.

Indeed the RE matter is the same of what is happening with TR.But like you said those were different times.

If you never played a TR game on PS then its explained why you don't care much or don't even care at all with the exclusivity of the new TR game for xbox.