Rise of The Tomb Raider Exclusive To Xbox One

Goro

If you think that Sony has not done the same then you are deluded. I was gonna do the same thing when Destiny came due to the way Sony and Act try that shit but thought it was stupid in the end. You should also reconsider your stance and be fair, it not then you are no different than those elitists and fools. 

Can you give me sources where Sony has done this? I can't think of any series that was multiplatform and Sony decided to pay the publisher a shit ton of money to make it exclusive. I'm not saying it didn't happen, I just can't recall it happening. 

That being said, that is the great thing about being a consumer, I get to vote with my wallet and I don't have to be fair, I can be as selfish as I want. It has nothing to do with me being an elitist or a fool, it has to do with me wanting to play a game on my console of choice. 

Parker

• Like 1

As much as I love Banjo-Kazooie, that might be for the better. I'd love to see Rare go back to Nintendo and have them create a proper Banjo-Kazooie for the Wii U, Nuts & Bolts was a disgrace to the series.

Parker

I see what you mean. Rare just isn't the same anymore. Still, I think my point stands: Microsoft has recently just been chucking money all over the place to tell developers "Hey, don't make this game for PS4. We'll pay you"

Why? It's not as if Square Enix actually gives a shit about their fan base and will offer you condolences if your mate were to pass. Business over pleasure, pal.

That's true but still it's a disappointment , more with Crystal Dynamics than Square , been playing Tomb Raider on Playstation 

since the very first years ago and i thought a company with such a big franchise and big game as 

Tomb Raider would have a lot more respect for their fans .

What is? Buying it used on Xbone? 

I don't want to support a company that basically screws over a ton of its fans (if I'm not mistaken Tomb Raider sold better on both PS3 and PS4) but I do want to experience the game. Does it make me an asshole for not supporting them even though I like what they're doing? Yeah, it kind of does, but I can live with being an asshole. If they decide to release the game on PS4 though, you can bet your ass my hard earned money will be going to buy this game new. 

Parker

^This .

Now that I think of, Uncharted 4 will very likely be released on holiday 2015. 

A near release of Rise of Tomb Raider wouldn't do well in sales, so for them it was smarter to postpone it for 2016.

Even with Uncharted 4 on the horizon, with the PlayStation 4 outselling the Xbox One by a 3 to 1 margin I think the game would still sell a lot better on the PS4 than it would on the Xbox One. Microsoft would've had to have shelled out a lot of money in order to make up that difference. 

Parker

Y'all need to stop crying and deal with it . Im sure xbox users wanted to play last of us too.

I'm sure they did, but a first party studio making an exclusive game is nowhere near the same as a third party developer releasing a game on both consoles and then making the sequel exclusive to another console. 

Also, no one is crying, we're just expressing our opinions on the subject and it just so happens our opinions about it happen to be negative. 

Parker

Can you give me sources where Sony has done this? I can't think of any series that was multiplatform and Sony decided to pay the publisher a shit ton of money to make it exclusive. I'm not saying it didn't happen, I just can't recall it happening. 

Parker

Me neither - the closest I can think of was poaching Final Fantasy from Nintendo back in the PS1 era - though im not sure that was so much a cash thing as a disc vs. Cartridges thing. It did secure a lot of converts tho (me included!)

That being said, that is the great thing about being a consumer, I get to vote with my wallet and I don't have to be fair, I can be as selfish as I want. It has nothing to do with me being an elitist or a fool, it has to do with me wanting to play a game on my console of choice. 

Parker

Sony just under-handed MS with having a destiny alpha for PS4 and then more days on beta then the xbox family. Also with the rumors that dlc is exclusive till 2015, it would be logical for xbox players to buy destiny when it's heavy discounted before trying the fall game out. Under-hand tactics is what both companies are doing but it seems you have a problem when MS is doing it. 

Also if you don't want to be fair about it, don't act like a petty person. 

Wait, wasn't there Tomb Raider gameplay at the PS4 conference at E3 or am I imagining things? EA has already expressed regret that they made Titanfall exclusive on console to Xbox so I have no idea why another company wouldn't learn from that. Hopefully it is just a timed exclusive otherwise it looks like I'll be buying it used and playing it on my Xbone. 

Parker

I don't believe Tomb Raider was in Sony's conference.... just a trailer at Microsoft's.. 

I'm really upset about this. I really enjoyed the reboot and was looking forward to this. It's an idiotic decision on their part IMO, and I won't be buying Temple of Osiris because of it. 

Y'all need to stop crying and deal with it . Im sure xbox users wanted to play last of us too.

Nice false equivalency. TLOU started as an exclusive by a Sony-owned studio. Apples & oranges. 

• Like 2

It looks like PS4 and PC users won't play this game.......I actually feel bad not only for not going to be able to play it, but also because the game is gonna flop, we all know that now, it will not be a system seller, it will sell just as meh as the first one sold on Xbox One and what seemed like a promising fresh start for one of my all-time favorite franchises is going to become a fast-paced downfall......now the title seems quite ironic. 6 million copies were 'a failure' for SE, I wonder what they'll say about the sales this is gonna get in ONE platform (actually the one with the weakest sale numbers for both the first entry and its definitive edition)

As a Tomb Raider fan, all I can hope is for the game to sell good on Xbox One and get more installments, even if I don't get to play them.

• Like 1

God forbid that MS put their own studios and IPs to good use. We can't get a Banjo game, but MS is totally fine taking away games that could very well be Multi-platform.

This whole generation of gaming is going to be like this, both sony and microsoft will be buying games exclusively to there consoles from third party developers. If this is SE's decision then will we be seeing a Sleeping dogs 2 on ps4?