Rise of The Tomb Raider Exclusive To Xbox One

Goro

I think this is a bad troll move on microsoft/square enix/ crystal dynamics part; i mean 2016 will be tomb raiders 20th and all marketing logic means that a release on playstation 4 makes sense, so to just leave consumers to believe that this will be a one console pony is just childish tbh....

and if this never comes to ps4 then that would just horrible businees tactics 

I'll be waiting for the announcement 2 months from now when they say, "Ha ha, just kidding guys, trololololololol!"

Except it'll be worded like, "It has come to our attention that numerous Tomb Raider fans were unhappy with our decision to release the sequel to Xbox only, that's why we have listened to our fans for once in our lifetime, and are proud to announce that Rise of the Tomb Raider will see a multi-platform release delayed to in time for the summer season 2016." 

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 2

I'll be waiting for the announcement 2 months from now when they say, "Ha ha, just kidding guys, trololololololol!"

Except it'll be worded like, "It has come to our attention that numerous Tomb Raider fans were unhappy with our decision to release the sequel to Xbox only, that's why we have listened to our fans for once in our lifetime, and are proud to announce that Rise of the Tomb Raider will see a multi-platform release delayed to in time for the summer season 2016." 

I would laugh so hard if at the end of Sony's conference they say did a Rise of the Tomb Raider section and announce you can play it Spring 2016.

Anyone who's upset at Crystal Dynamics/Square Enix for not bringing Rise of the Tomb Raider to the PS4/PC is rightfully so.  The developer turned their backs on not one, but two different fanbases.  The solution isn't to rush out and buy an Xbox One.

YESSSS!!!! PRECISELY!!!! The just gave millions of loyal fans the finger. This makes me despise the Xbox all the more and Microsoft as well naturally.

At the end of the day...business is business. This is moneyhatting for sure. They realized that they needed to have something to counteroffer from Uncharted 4 and this is their answer. Let them have their game. 

Actually, no need to get out the pitchforks, torches, and the million of ideas to petition Sqeenix to bring it to PS4 right now. Looks like a timed exclusive and they will realized that the game is on a system that the installed base is much less than the PS4. 

The sales will not be where they were and they will release it eventually to PS4 with some goodies. Trust me, it will happen. Titanfall all over again. 

Microsoft had to moneyhat to stay competitive and that is simply what they did here. They are threatened by the explosive sales of the PS4 and needed to come out and make a splash. That is it.

• Like 2

Anyone who's upset at Crystal Dynamics/Square Enix for not bringing Rise of the Tomb Raider to the PS4/PC is rightfully so.  The developer turned their backs on not one, but two different fanbases.  The solution isn't to rush out and buy an Xbox One

No I clearly said buy all three consoles during they lifespan continuity, never did I say go out and rush to buy one. Sony did this to Nintendo with the media format change and no one complained about it but Microsoft do now everyone is asking for blood. 

They basically pulled a Don Mattrick when they said:

"This doesn't mean that we're walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC." "We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December, and Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition is available on PS4."

Oh, fuck off. I'll play Uncharted 4. Temple of Osiris is nothing like Rise of the Tomb Raider and they know it.

They basically pulled a Don Mattrick when they said:

"This doesn't mean that we're walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC." "We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December, and Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition is available on PS4."

Oh, fuck off. I'll play Uncharted 4. Temple of Osiris is nothing like Rise of the Tomb Raider and they know it.

Exactly. But I appreciated the reminder to now not purchase Osiris. 

This has Bioshock all over it xD

I really think this is the typical 'our exclusive' which becomes a 'not exclusive after all' in some months, and I honestly believe MS caused this chaos on purpose......marketing strategy I suppose lol 

• Like 1

This has Bioshock all over it xD

I really think this is the typical 'our exclusive' which becomes a 'not exclusive after all' in some months, and I honestly believe MS caused this chaos on purpose......marketing strategy I suppose lol

My thoughts exactly, you're such a honor student. I do want Lara trough :( Nathan is top notch, but the first was so Amazing apart from that atrocious MP.

• Like 1

I think what bothers me the most about this is the fact that they did this to the second game in the reboot series. I'm okay with Sony having Uncharted/Gran Turismo, and Microsoft having Halo/Forza. (Just to name a couple for each). The thing with those titles though, they were new IPs when they were announced as exclusive. Rise of the Tomb Raider isn't.

Hopefully this will just be a timed exclusive because I really enjoyed the first game in this series, but not enough to buy another console just to play the second. 

I feel like I'm the only one who really doesn't care, but to each his own. I thought the reboot was good but not great, so I really don't see this as a huge loss. But that's just me I guess.

I don't find it surprising either that MS (most likely) paid for exclusivity, it's all business. I'm honestly shocked that they didn't pull this off with a few more games at E3. You'll probably see more of this kind of thing if X1 sales are still slogging along and MS becoming more desperate to sell more systems to play catch up with PS4.