Rise of The Tomb Raider Exclusive To Xbox One

Goro

Extremely Disappointed in Square Enix for this :(

Why? It's not as if Square Enix actually gives a shit about their fan base and will offer you condolences if your mate were to pass. Business over pleasure, pal.

Wait, wasn't there Tomb Raider gameplay at the PS4 conference at E3 or am I imagining things? EA has already expressed regret that they made Titanfall exclusive on console to Xbox so I have no idea why another company wouldn't learn from that. Hopefully it is just a timed exclusive otherwise it looks like I'll be buying it used and playing it on my Xbone. 

Parker

It's Microsoft's equivalent to Uncharted; seeing as TR had a following on last-gen, and this gen, it's almost a guarantee profit for Microsoft. For all we know, this could be a timed exclusive akin to Ryse, Dead Rising, etc.

Wait, wasn't there Tomb Raider gameplay at the PS4 conference at E3 or am I imagining things? EA has already expressed regret that they made Titanfall exclusive on console to Xbox so I have no idea why another company wouldn't learn from that. Hopefully it is just a timed exclusive otherwise it looks like I'll be buying it used and playing it on my Xbone. 

Parker

That's kinda of petty.

Do people actually believe it would likely be forever exclusive to X1? Come on, we are talking about Tomb Raider. Of course it's temporary, don't even believe rumors about it affirming the contrary.

Anyway, Microsoft really hit below the belt with this.

Even if it's not, we've seen prior exclusives of Sony and Microsoft pave way to multi-plats; so to see the opposite effect would be interesting.

What is? Buying it used on Xbone? 

I don't want to support a company that basically screws over a ton of its fans (f I'm not mistaken Tomb Raider sold better on both PS3 and PS4) but I do want to experience the game. Does it make me an asshole for not supporting them even though I like what they're doing? Yeah, it kind of does, but I can live with being an asshole. If they decide to release the game on PS4 though, you can bet your ass my hard earned money will be going to buy this game new. 

Parker

If you think that Sony has not done the same then you are deluded. I was gonna do the same thing when Destiny came due to the way Sony and Act try that shit but thought it was stupid in the end. You should also reconsider your stance and be fair, it not then you are no different than those elitists and fools. 

God forbid that MS put their own studios and IPs to good use. We can't get a Banjo game, but MS is totally fine taking away games that could very well be Multi-platform.

As much as I love Banjo-Kazooie, that might be for the better. I'd love to see Rare go back to Nintendo and have them create a proper Banjo-Kazooie for the Wii U, Nuts & Bolts was a disgrace to the series.

Parker

This is a dick head move for Microsoft that's let's take a sony born series and shit on it (sorry little mad right now)

Tomb Raider is not a 'Sony born series' it began on Sega Saturn.

All in all a bit dissapointing for playstation users, but itll end up on PC eventually, so folks can play it there. Microsoft has the money to do this kind of stuff, so whatever. The Station still gets waaaaay more of the good indie games, so I wont grumble.