Wipeout Ps4 Is there Still hope?

Fastandslow

I know i know Studio Liverpool is dead But the Sprit if wipeout cant be gone Sony cant Drop one of its best Exclusives IT NEEDS GOOD EXCLUSIVES like wipeout ... Hd was the best game iv played on my ps3 for racing and i loved 2048 

Is there Hope? Sony please :( iv played wipeout since i was a little girl :( ha 

Edited by Fastandslowv2
  • Like 1

Yes ive always been a fan of WipEout! Ive played WipEout Pure a lot on my PSP! good memories :)

I hope for some more good stuff, but im not sure if it will happen. Studio Liverpool knew what they were doing when making these incredible games, I dont want a different game studio making it and changing it:/

WipEout was always the Sony racing game used to showcase a new consoles abilities.  It looks like DriveClub is set to replace that now that Studio Liverpool has been closed.  Seems unnecessary because we have Gran Turismo to depict that style of racing, but I assume Sony wanted something in-house that came more frequently than the GT series.  It's just a shame they forsook such an iconic and unique franchise in order to do it.  WipEout is one of the best games I've ever played and my proudest platinum.  Absolutely loved the game, this is the first time it won't be synonymous with a console launch.  Absolutely devastating.

• Like 3

Wipeout 2097 and Wipeout HD were the entries in the series I played the most, I always had a fascination for the series and the fun fact for me its that basically these served as my launching games on ps1 and ps3, could never forget those times, Wipeout HD is my proudest platinum of all.

• 2 weeks later...

Well , theres still hope , more than that in fact ,Studio Liverpool may have been closed by Sony , but MOST of the employees have reformed a new studio called 'FIRESPRITE' and they are based in Liverpool aswell , also there logo has wipeout written allover it , so to speak !!! , so far they have worked on the visuals for Playroom on PS4 , question is would Sony let them use the Wipeout I.P. ? 

Edited by ALIEN_CURE

It's a shame Liverpool went under, WipEout 2048's intro was stunning and showed what might be coming to next gen.

I wouldn't want another studio touching their series, that NEVER turns out well.

Sanzaru touched Sucker Punches' Sly Cooper franchise, and that turned out very well indeed! I think the only hope for there to be a Wipeout PS4 game is for something like that to take place.

Sanzaru touched Sucker Punches' Sly Cooper franchise, and that turned out very well indeed! I think the only hope for there to be a Wipeout PS4 game is for something like that to take place.

In most cases then.

I still don't like Sanzaru for their work on the God of War Collection port on Vita.

I think wipeout has gone now, as much as I loved this game if it was coming I think we would know by now!

The PS4 is only 9 months old. Give it some time.

Wipeout Fusion came out 2 years after the PS2 launched. Wipeout HD came out 2 years after the PS3 launched.