SAVE THE VITA

wildstwawberries

VITA is in a strange spot right now. Clearly there is a fair amount of owners who love the machine, attach rate is quite good and thirds are showing their support from what's being announced and released. Limited editions sell out on Amazon; sales increase in Japan; on Europe, especially where I live, bundles don't last long on the shelves and, from what I see on Near, there's a lot, I mean, A LOT of players on my region. Basically the VITA looks better now than it ever did... except in the eyes of Sony. I honestly don't get why Sony isn't remotely interested in the device any longer and, generally speaking, left it to fend on its own.

As for games, I've been playing Uncharted on it and, as much as Bend Studios made a terrific job of adapting the gameplay to the portable, I can't shake the feeling that I'd rather be playing it on the big screen and it never feels like it's really meant for a handheld. This is not to say it isn't a great game, because it is, but I don't know if squinting to find collectibles and aiming for headshots when heads are the size of a pinhead is what I really want to do with a portable machine.

Edited by fabmorais_2011

Localizations going Digital only on EU isn't saving Vita in that continent at least...

recently Idea Factory failed in it (wont blame them though im wondering how they still could aford so much LE on NA lol)

Edited by Nelson_Otaku

It's so sad to see this topic going up every once in a blue moon, but like I told before to me Vita will always be the best handheld ever. I do my part and every game that has ps3/Vita version, I get the Vita version, hopefully rpgs will keep coming, and also collections and games from the ps3, sadly original games will be rarer at each passing day.

• Like 1

I would love to see a Vita Gran Turismo game, The PSP game is OK on the Vita but having a game made for it would be great.

In an ideal world an NHL game would be awesome, there isn't as much call for ice hockey as there is for football so I guess that's why EA have never bothered doing it.

It's so sad to see this topic going up every once in a blue moon, but like I told before to me Vita will always be the best handheld ever. I do my part and every game that has ps3/Vita version, I get the Vita version, hopefully rpgs will keep coming, and also collections and games from the ps3, sadly original games will be rarer at each passing day.

Not in Japan they won't but the sad part is there seem to be two seperate mindsets that clash in the west.

Western gamers: I want only western games.

Western companies: Nobody's buying so won't take the risk.

In anycase I am happy with mine, I have plenty of games both physical and digital and the console won't be leaving me anytime soon although the above will probably exist for a little while, although in all honesty it doesn't affect me but I can see it annoying a lot of people.

What announcment / game do you think would be able to save the vita?

I think an inFamous game and a GTA game would be enough to at least prolong its life. And if sony said that it wasnt going to be the PS4's bitch for all eternity

I doubt we are going to see an InFAMOUS game and a GTA game on the Vita. might be wrong though, hopefully i am wrong because i'd love an InFAMOUS game on the Vita.

It needs proper advertising. I haven't seen a Vita ad since about March 2012. How are they supposed to sell the Vita if casuals don't know anything about it. Also lower memory card prices- ditch the 4GB, make 8GB same price as 4GB now, 16GB same as 8GB, 32GB same as 16GB and introduce 64GB for the price of 32GB. Some big exclusives like GTA LS Stories or inFamous would help as well.

• Like 1

Not in Japan they won't but the sad part is there seem to be two seperate mindsets that clash in the west.

Western gamers: I want only western games.

Western companies: Nobody's buying so won't take the risk.

In anycase I am happy with mine, I have plenty of games both physical and digital and the console won't be leaving me anytime soon although the above will probably exist for a little while, although in all honesty it doesn't affect me but I can see it annoying a lot of people.

Hey Shana, is just what I stated before in this very own topic, the Vita to me is the best handheld ever made, and if I can choose between playing on him or any other console, I choose him. What I meant is that here in the west, games are becoming rarer at each passing day, and it's a fact. Gladly rpgs comes once in a blue moon and makes this players heart really happy, since it's my favorite genre of game. In Japan the Vita is selling good and gladl for you guys, games are been released, so I can only hope that every single game released in Japan somehow comes to the west Edited by Mah2c

Hey Shana, is just what I stated before in this very own topic, the Vita to me is the best handheld ever made, and if I can choose between playing on him or any other console, I choose him. What I meant is that here in the west, games are becoming rarer at each passing day, and it's a fact. Gladly rpgs comes once in a blue moon and makes this players heart really happy, since it's my favorite genre of game. In Japan the Vita is selling good and gladl for you guys, games are been released, so I can only hope that every single game released in Japan somehow comes to the west

That is in essence what I typed games are rare in the west due to those two mindsets I posted above granted the gamer one isn't everyone but basing off this site alone there are quite a few who are pretty vocal against Japanese games for whatever reason and keep screaming for western titles. I feel sorry for those that do like Japanese titles as they are less likely to get localised if there is no chance to make a profit on them and the going digital only route seems to alienate certain regions so Japan does have it better when it comes to games and getting them in a physical format.

The main problem is it needs a bit of variety in the west I'd say one title they should probably try bring over for you guys is definitely something like Gundam Breaker just for something different to add on top of the other titles you guys are receiving. 

• Like 1

That is in essence what I typed games are rare in the west due to those two mindsets I posted above granted the gamer one isn't everyone but basing off this site alone there are quite a few who are pretty vocal against Japanese games for whatever reason and keep screaming for western titles. I feel sorry for those that do like Japanese titles as they are less likely to get localised if there is no chance to make a profit on them and the going digital only route seems to alienate certain regions so Japan does have it better when it comes to games and getting them in a physical format.

The main problem is it needs a bit of variety in the west I'd say one title they should probably try bring over for you guys is definitely something like Gundam Breaker just for something different to add on top of the other titles you guys are receiving.

I would love if all of those games somehow came to the west, I really love Japanese games and their culture in general, one of my dreams is to go Tokyo. Funny that one of the games that I love to death are if Japanese culture in it, like Persona's ( real teenage high school) and games like Disgaea( humor) Muramasa( dialogue) so hopefully they localized. I know I'm the minority here, western players that don't like FPS, but who knows right? Horror games are making a comeback, so let's hope the Vita does too ( cries) Edited by Mah2c
  • Like 3

POKEMON, a major blow to nintendo, they dont renew with game freak...or something like that. that would be the ultimate game changer for the Vita

Would never happen, GameFreak is a private company that makes the Pokemon games but they dont own them. Pokemon is owned by the Pokemon Company which was founded by Nintendo hence Nintendo owns Pokemon. The day Nintendo goes 3rd party is the day we'll see Pokemon on a system thats not by Nintendo, but yes, that would be the ultimate game changer for the Vita is that ever happens.

OT: I would love to see some PS1 and PS2 games Remastered for the Vita with trophy support. That would surely help boost sales for the Vita.

Ape Escape: Remasterd

Croc: Remastered

Dark Cloud: Remastered

Dragon Quest VIII; Remastered

FF VII/VIII/IX: Remastered (or not but with trophy support)

Edited by BasickAlphabit
  • Like 1

Would never happen, GameFreak is a private company that makes the Pokemon games but they dont own them. Pokemon is owned by the Pokemon Company which was founded by Nintendo hence Nintendo owns Pokemon. The day Nintendo goes 3rd party is the day we'll see Pokemon on a system thats not by Nintendo, but yes, that would be the ultimate game changer for the Vita is that ever happens.

:facepalm:

• Like 1

Here is what I been thinking, Sony is still in the clouds high because of the release of Ps4, so probably before the release they did a plan of attack to market the system and make it the biggest for the first year. I bet they didn't expect to sell 10 million units in about 9-10 months so they are trying to keep that plan of attack going (I bet they were planning/ already had a plan with all the games ready to come in the first year or so). In my opinion they haven't forgotten about the vita, let the Ps4 had a year or so before they will work on games for the vita [sadly]

Lol I hope in somewhat right

A lot of franchises could do it but only if Sony advertises for the Vita. Right now there is next to no advertising in all of North America which needs to change asap.

You can barely imagine how it's going on Europe compared to North America lol...

Disgaea 4 Vita still totally ignored in most places of Europe, from what i hear some people who want can't find a copy anywhere.

Edited by Nelson_Otaku

Which is why Vita should "die" so western-game fans would stop using it so Vita could be left for Japanese fans.

Companies would probably stop localizing for a while but they would surely see the sales once they brought another game and... that would bring the Japanese games boom! :D

Which is why Vita should "die" so western-game fans would stop using it so Vita could be left for Japanese fans.

Companies would probably stop localizing for a while but they would surely see the sales once they brought another game and... that would bring the Japanese games boom! :D

I wouldn't say it should die but it is up to Western developers to take the risk as well as publishers/distributors otherwise the console will be nothing more than a Japanese oriented handheld, I mainly play Japanese titles but there are some western titles that appeal to me if companies took the chance it could pay in the long run. Everyone wants variety but at current those that do the games that we're missing for the Vita just won't step up due to poor sales of the console despite the fact a console won't sell without games but it also won't sell if advertised poorly which it is in the west meaning it falls back to the developers and SONY's marketing team in the respective regions.

Your scenario would actually equal nothing getting localised your Vita then gets no games except for those that you'd have to import and pay more for as well as a lot of games that are just indies or smartphone games, not a good or fun scenario for you at all.