The Fappening

Nitro

The fact is, iCloud is not safe. Nothing online is. So why take nudes? That's the whole point. Nudes are ridiculous.

Because they're morons. They're famous for being hot (and a handful of them having an ounze of talent), not for their brains.

Well for one, iCloud has a damn Photo Album. You ever use a photo album? Or a shoebox? I rest my case.

Because it's not running around in Times Square. Private accounts are just that, private. This is no different than sneaking up to a person's house with a set of binoculars and looking in someone's window. Just as you can get prosecuted for invasion of privacy, this should also be prosecuted, instead of blaming the victim for using online storage for what it's designed for online storage..

I don't recall ever using a photo album myself (never been a photo guy), not to mention I'm not a drone with an iPhone, so yeah, rest your case, even more so because even if it has a photo album it doesn't say "Photo Album for the nude photos you'll take that will be found by some hacker because our Cloud's security is awful".

Regarding the shoe box, I usually keep important stuff in, you know, safe places. Money goes in the bank, for example - I suggest you to do the same, it might help you out someday!

Private accounts can be private and all you want, but that doesn't make them safe. Privacy might give you a false sense of security or something, but it doesn't guarantee it (much less when it's digital stuff, and even less when you're famous). This whole scandal proves it. If there are risks, prepare to face the consequences.

Anyway, I can't be arsed to argue with you, but don't worry - supposing the guy is found ,he'll face legal action from quite a few lawyers and representatives, that's never been doubted.

Keep saving shit up on an insecure cloud from an unreliable company (and the more humilating, the better).

Edited by Nagflar
  • Like 1

I think people are just overhyping this. Three months from now, nobody will give a **** about the pics. Those girls will keep winning huge amounts of money, will be equal (maybe more) famous than now, and their lifes will continue, is not like this is the first time it happened. 

A bunch of guys are watching pics of Jeniffer Lawrence and Kate Upton and masturbating to them? yeah like nobody was doing that before.

Girls really like to be naked, no one can't deny that. 

My favourite is the one where the hoe/celeb is being poked in the eye with a dude's dick, I have no respect for those prostitutes.

Maybe she just really enjoys having sex or giving oral sex, nothing wrong with that and it certainly doesn't make her a "hoe" or prostitute. This of course is assuming that she is doing this with her husband or partner, not some random dude. 

On another note, I haven't seen these pictures and I don't plan on it. I have enough respect for other people's privacy to not go looking for something they didn't intend to release, if it were me (though I really couldn't care less if people had naked pictures of me) or my wife, I'd hope others would have that same amount of respect. 

Parker

• Like 3

Another thing that pisses me off about this, is that it's being called "The Fappening" like it's just a big joke. That, and the complete lack of empathy for the people who had their privacy violated. I guarantee everyone here has had a photo taken of them and saved somewhere that you'd rather not have someone else see, whether it's your boss or a family member. Imagine if that person saw that photo, how angry or humiliated you'd be. Well, this is humiliation on an international scale. The story of this has been plastered all over the news everywhere, and the photos all over 4chan and Reddit.

This, so much this.

Emma's tweet pretty much sums the whole of "The Fappening" up

Kb56J6P.png

Yes, these girls took naked selfies. Yes, they were uploaded to the iCloud. But they never intended them for the public eye, and we should respect that. Unfortunately, it seems, almost nobody does :(

• Like 1

Girls really like to be naked, no one can't deny that. 

My favourite is the one where the hoe/celeb is being poked in the eye with a dude's dick, I have no respect for those prostitutes.

All famous people are whores and therefore are lesser human beings than you. I could't decide which one of your quotes sound more idiotic, all girls have a burning desire to walk around naked or if all famous women are whores.

People overestimate their privacy, especially since the introduction of mobile cameras and smartphones. They might have not asked for this but you know something like this could happen when saving on a cloud.