Trying to perfect level 50 is so hard...

Crespelio-X12

I don't know if this is the case for you, but I had a problem with making mistakes over which direction to move or shoot. If that's the thing holding you back, my advice is to ONLY pay attention to the blue ship. The moment I stopped watching what the green ship was doing, my performance improved considerably.

Also, I'm not sure if you're a PS4 or Vita user, but on the Vita you are able teleport instantly by touching the screen. It's not practical to use in most situations when going for perfects, but I preferred using that over manually teleporting on the long widening straight section that has you teleport back and forth between each side.

Touch teleporting, as mentioned, will help extremely.

When you hit barriers stretching horizontally across the length of the screen, push up against them for a little bit to realign the two ships, as they can get out of sync (and you will have to get them out of sync in two specific spots), and while touch teleporting can help alleviate this issue, it sometimes takes a few for it to work.

When you reach the blue switches, you'll notice that the switches are staggered, with the first one further up. Instead of braking to go up, then down, instead push up while in the corridor so that both ships are stopped in place, then maneuver up to the switches and fire your bombs. Done right, you'll hit both blue switches in the right order.

Basically, this:

post-77045-0-14900500-1410390715_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I didn't find Level 50 to be that bad. At first I was like WTF, but after about an hour with that level, it's not too difficult. My tip would be to focus on the blue rescue pods, since they're the only ones you can pick up (the blue ship also has a pink streak when holding down the trigger). I wouldn't say "ignore" the green ship, but don't focus too much on it. I played on Vita, so the touch screen came in really handy, especially when you hit all of those walls. My gripe about level 50 is that you have to sit through the  end cinematic every time you complete that stage.

I already got the perfect on level 50 tried to perfect level 47 and basically gave up. The level lasts 7 minutes I die at hazards.

Yes, level 47 was easily the hardest level in the game! There are so many areas to die, and it's looong. There are also some easily missed points that would prevent you from getting Perfect (if you throw a teleport pod up that tall tower and shoot the glass above -- where the bonus shard is). Keep trying, you'll get it.

Overall, I though 2x was easier than Ultra. I was concerned about the Critical Urgency missions, but those turned out to be way easier than Ultra, and easier than other levels in 2x.

Yeah, level 50 is pretty much what the others have said. As long as you only look at the Blue ship and the blue survivors, and use every chance you get to realign the ships, it's not that hard.

I have a total of 5 more perfects for platinum (including 47, of course) and two more DLC levels. It really seems to me that this game is harder than Ultra - I finished that in less than 12 hours of gameplay and I'm sure I'm well beyond that in 2X already...

Edited by ONUOsFan

Overall, I though 2x was easier than Ultra. I was concerned about the Critical Urgency missions, but those turned out to be way easier than Ultra, and easier than other levels in 2x.

Seriously, this is just completely wrong :).

A year ago i played Ultra, and at the time i found it difficult, so i gave up. Last week i began to play 2X, and i plated it. It took 20 hours, but there were at least 10 levels which gave me much trouble. Especially level between 35 and 47. What was really hard was the platform parts, where a single error could get you insta-kill. For most level, i died at least 10 times before succeeding (and many level, like 41 or 47, killed me like 100 times each...)

Because i plated 2X, i thought i would give Ultra a new chance. So i download it again, downloaded my previous save (with like 3 perfect medal...) and i did every perfect medal in less than 3 hours, most of the level on my first try. Of course, i had played 2X before that, so i was used to the gameplay, but absolutely NONE of the levels gave me trouble. Well, critical urgency is hard because you can't release the booster for more than a second (and for level 50, even a second of unboost maybe too much :D), but each of those level can be completed in less than a minute, so even if it is a bit harder than other levels, it is still very doable.

In 2X there are LOTS of levels where you need to play close to perfection, knowing every part of the mission, boosting as long as you can, teledash, etc, in order to get the "perfect" medal. In Ultra, for about every level, you just have to complete the level without dying because of the large timer objectives. And it is hard to die in that game :)

For the difficulty, i would give

3/10 to ULTRA (and without level 50 and the bonus level, it would be a 2/10...)

8/10 to 2X

Edited by lesk8vaincra

I too am left with just 47 and 50 left. I've been focusing more on 47 to be honest, trying to memorise the whole level is tricky because it's so long. I thought I had it done a few hours ago, but I apparently missed 3 survivor pods! ARGH! Hopefully once 47 is out the way, I can focus on 50 as it is a bit shorter so hopefully a bit easier to just muscle-memory through it.

Seriously, this is just completely wrong :).

Sorry man, but I need to disagree with you. Ultra was indeed harder, you need to play fast paced all the way through. 2X is more infuriating due to failing all the time because of hazards, but it isn't hard. Everything is on your way and time is not an issue in any level but 50 (the only one you must do in one boost to win). By the way, I'm doing the opposite you are, platted Ultra first and started 2X next.

I seriously don't know how you could assume that :).

There are much more hazardous things in 2X, and for most level the timing is really hard to get. On my run to plat Ultra, i took something like 2~3 hours to perfect the whole game, where this took like 20 hours on 2X.

Playing 2X first makes ultra a piece of cake.
Playing ultra first doesn't make 2X a piece of cake.
:)

For the yellow walls, i didn't teleport. I jumped up and down to avoid the walls instead of teleporting through them.

Try that, because it really was easier for me :). You may lose few seconds, but if you are quick enough during the whole level, you have like 30 seconds to spare, and jumping up and down instade of teleporting makes you lose about 5~10 seconds max. So no need to worry about that :)

thanks,  I found out that is much more better too.

after a few hours tries, now I am strucking at the part which needs 3 teleporting jumps. just cant pass tho the wall and dead on the red floor. 

only did one perfect run but my time is 7:36.

The developer (Futurlab) has confirmed this is currently harder than it was originally prior to the 1.02 patch. It used to be easy to make those jumps, but now you can't jump quite as high when sliding down so the timing is harder.

Regarding Level 47, I managed it after taking a break as my hands were cramping up haha. 7 minutes is plenty of time to do the level if you can get through the first few parts in good time. The hardest parts are the platforming sections, notably the large indoor area with all the guards and walls with mines and turrets. However if you can learn to get through everything before in good time, you can take your time with these sections and ensure you don't make mistakes. I definitely didn't rush that section and managed to do it in 6 minutes 29 seconds.

• Like 1

The developer (Futurlab) has confirmed this is currently harder than it was originally prior to the 1.02 patch. It used to be easy to make those jumps, but now you can't jump quite as high when sliding down so the timing is harder.

Regarding Level 47, I managed it after taking a break as my hands were cramping up haha. 7 minutes is plenty of time to do the level if you can get through the first few parts in good time. The hardest parts are the platforming sections, notably the large indoor area with all the guards and walls with mines and turrets. However if you can learn to get through everything before in good time, you can take your time with these sections and ensure you don't make mistakes. I definitely didn't rush that section and managed to do it in 6 minutes 29 seconds.

omg thats helps a lot. many thanks!

I just downgraded my version to 1.00 and I havent dead once on that part now. Its just too hard to teleport with my vita.

Just trying to do it faster guess I can get it done soon. ^_^

I seriously don't know how you could assume that :).

There are much more hazardous things in 2X, and for most level the timing is really hard to get. On my run to plat Ultra, i took something like 2~3 hours to perfect the whole game, where this took like 20 hours on 2X.

Playing 2X first makes ultra a piece of cake.

Playing ultra first doesn't make 2X a piece of cake.

:)

Man, I just got the plat on 2X and I still think ultra is harder. You need to keep at it and at some point you will suceed perfecting the stages. You die for pretty much anything on 2X platforming. It's really stupid you die for any shit, but it isn't hard. You know where the bulk of my deaths were? On platforming sections. Why? Because I didn't know what to do? No way, because I got 1 hit killed on a lot of stupid spots. The yellow walls per example should not kill you, but push you and crush you instead, wouldn't be so stupid.

You know what my biggest complaint is? Changing from ship to human all the time. Man, I wished the game was separate, one full ship stage, another full platforming stage instead of this back and forth crap.