50 Perfect medals

zafira1290

I did 48 perfect in like 3 days. It is not THAT hard, but you have to make no mistakes. Also, in most levels, you CAN actually take your time. So don't always focus on doing everything quick, focus on doing them right.

Most of the levels can be easily finished with 10 to 40 seconds under the goal timer. So if a particular portion of the level is hard for you, try to do it as smooth as you can, don't rush it.

Yeah, it's not too bad, only 2 left for me:

• lvl 47 (7 minute level)
  • lvl 50 (literally can't stop boosting and

Control 2 ships

)

Most of the other ones I could do in 1st or 2nd go (apart from the 'Vault' one which took me about 10 goes), but all definitely doable. These last 2 are definitely doable as well; but will just need a lot of practice :/

Edited by FluffyAssassin64

Guys is it really harder than Velocity Ultra? Cause everyone said it was hard and I got 50 perfect medals in no time at all... Not to brag, but scroll em ups aren't even my type of game and I still got it. 

Yes, it's harder than Ultra... I don't think it's a ton harder, but it is harder.

Well, i played ultra like a year ago, completed the game but didn't bother to plat it (it seemed almost impossible at the time)

I got the platinum on velocity 2X yesterday, so i thought i would go back to ultra, to try to plat it. I began yesterday, and to be honest...

Velocity ultra is A TON easier. I've perfected the 43 first stage in like 2 hours, most of them on my first try. There is absolutely nothing as hard as 2X.

The only difficulty in 2X (in my opinion) where the platform level. Many little things (the vokhs, the "lava" etc) could get you killed on a single hit, and most of the time, your timing had to be perfect. Remove those platform section, and the game is easy. That's what velocity ultra is. Even if i didn't already plat it, i'm pretty sure i'll finish it today because so far, there wasn't a single stage which i find hard.

I just plated Ultra. I now confirm what i said: Velocity ultra is an absolute piece of cake compared to velocity 2X.  The only hard level in Ultra is lvl 50, but it is far easier than most of 2X's level.

So if you had trouble to plat Ultra, don't event try 2X, because it is at least 10 times harder.

Edited by lesk8vaincra

• 4 months later...

Velocity Ultra is my fastest platinum. 1 day and 3 hours. o/

I don't think the velocities are hard (maybe only the CU06 level of velocity 2x xD), they are just old school oriented when you needed to play the game a lot of times until you manage to memorize every bit of the game (like mame/arcade games where the fun is to beat the game with a credit only). I'm very used to games like that. Anyone remember battletoads and ninja gaiden from NES? Same idea.

I prefer games with the gameplay of velocity than "nowadays games" that when you die, you just lose 5 seconds of your time. Death is so banal/trivial in games today that even a child can beat most games (dying a lot in the process, of course). Real shame. 75% of the games i got platinum i beat on the hardest difficult without dying (total craziness, huh? It's like a personal/imaginary trophy i create to myself ^^). Some examples are Dead Space 1, L.A. Noire, Mass Effect 1, Sleeping Dogs, Resident Evil Revelations, Saints Row 3, Saints Row 4 and etc.

I wonder if most single player games had a "beat on the hardest difficult without dying" trophy we would have so many platinums. I just remember bioshock 1 having a trophy like that, but with New Game + it loses all the fun to get it.

I think i'd have at least the triple of my platinums if i played dying like anyone else.

P.S.: That's just my opinion, i understand that nowadays AAA games have a hollywood budget (GTA 5 and bioshock infinite are some examples). If they were THAT hard, casual players (most of the gamers are casual players) wouldn't like to play and the games wouldn't sell that much. Companies like EA and CAPCOM would bankrupt.