Average Platinum Rarity?

It would be really nice if something like "Average Platinum Rarity" is added to gamercard.  I think it's quite simple as you know what particular Plainum is worth. Add all Platinum values, then the score should be divided by their number and... that's it. Simple like that:)

Edited by KenMarinaris
  • Like 1

1,726,500 Gamers Tracked

Nope.

As long as you compare those stats with other PSNP stats - they're 100% accurate.

lol thanks for the correction, apparently I'm still trying to wake up.

Still though, it doesn't change that the rarity stats are not truly accurate. They are 100% accurate if you only want to go by people that are tracked here but that's getting pretty selective with rarity and pretty much the definition of accuracy is to be correct and exact. That's hard to do when you only do a selective sampling of statistics. And the gamers tracked is what, 15-25% of all PS3/PS4/Vita gamers maybe and that's probably being generous.

Just using my own plats as an example, this site shows Free Realms to be 0.48%, Mind Zero to be 3.94% and Thief PS4 to be 5.79%. Sony shows those same trophies to be 0.1%, 0.7% and 0.5% respectively. At best this site says those trophies are 5-6x more common than they really are and at worst 10-11x more common than they really are.

Edit: I should say too that I'm not actually against it. I just don't think it'd be that accurate. However, if it's even something that can be done and people want it then I say go for it. The more features this site has then maybe that'll mean more people who sign up and go premium so the better the site will do overall and that's always a good thing.

Edited by BooneJusticius
  • Like 2

And that just goes right back to what I said above. Cherry picking your sampling of stats to get the numbers you want does not make them accurate.

Edit: Thinking about it though, since I don't play games for trophies (I just like the community here) that's probably why I'm saying what I am. I can see where the ones who label themselves trophy hunters would want to be separated from everyone else. As I said above, if it even can be done and it's wanted then go for it. Just because a feature is there doesn't mean everyone has to use it. Unless it's required, kind of like the search function lol.

Edited by BooneJusticius
  • Like 1

It amazes me how people try to look for new ways to compare themselves to others constantly. It's not enough to just have game completion percentages, or the rarest Plat. Now it's the average-percentage-of-plats-obtained-versus-only-other-trophy-hunters-on-one-website. 

Wow. Interesting statistic, but I don't want it on my gamercard. 

• Like 1

At best this site says those trophies are 5-6x more common than they really are and at worst 10-11x more common than they really are.

Sony also includes all cheaters. Check "real" rarity of an impossible to obtain Game Master trophy in A-men 2.

You are always comparing values with something. Trophies here are 10x more common? And so what? Relatively they're still the same.

For example average rarity of my trophies here is 33.26%. Yours is 47.57%. Switching to "official" rarity won't change the fact that mine is much lower (yes, numbers will be different, and the definition of "much" will change too).

Also, accuracy of "official" rarity is lower beacuse it has less digits. You know, comparing 0.1 to 0.1 is not really fun.

• Like 3

Meh, platinums are platinums (unless their from Disney games :P ). You know what would be a really good idea, though? If Sony had its own seperate achievement system based on your gaming stats. For example: An acheivement for X amount of Ultra Rare platinum trophies, an achievement for playing mostly X type of genre, an achievement for playing mostly on X time of day, etc. Playfire.com does something like this and I think it would be cool if Sony did too.

Edited by merciful84

You know what would be a really good idea, though? If Sony had its own seperate achievement system based on your gaming stats. For example: An acheivement for X amount of Ultra Rare platinum trophies, an achievement for playing mostly X type of genre, an achievement for playing mostly on X time of day, etc. Playfire.com does something like this and I think it would be cool if Sony did too.

Didn't this site say they would do something like this recently?

A plat is a plat.

I know there are people out there that pride themselves on UR plats, and that is fine. I am not bagging on them.

For me though, it doesn't matter whether it's a common Plat or a UR plat. If I want the plat, or think I can get the plat, I'll go for it. So for me, this statistic would be worthless.

So I would say make it optional, so those who care can see it on their profile if they want, and those who don't care, don't have to.

Given that any rarity displayed here is not the true rarity since this site is only a fraction of PS3/PS4/Vita users (114,730 members right now) having any kind of rarity stat on the trophy cards would be completely useless and most likely highly inaccurate.

The same applies to Completion statistics and nobody complains.

I'd like to see an average Gold trophy rarity on my game card. Make it happen.

For what reason? Platinum trophies are most precious and only these ones should be considered. I think:) At the moment I see that somebody has 100 Platinum and somebody else 30. I dont know (before opening his/her PSN profile site) the value of them. Maybe this person with "only" 30 Plat. has really rare ones when the other guy earned them in games for kids and Japanese story fables?

I could be optional of course, to be selected during creation of our psnprofiles gamercards.

The same applies to Completion statistics and nobody complains.

I am pretty sure that's not even close to the same thing. Or at least not close enough to actually be a valid point.

Trophy rarity is calculated by comparing everyone that has played the game and seeing how many of those have actually earned a particular trophy. It's accuracy is subjective since some people think that selectively picking the numbers that go into the calculation makes it more accurate and others don't. And some people apparently think that the majority of gamers who are not registered on this site are cheaters/hackers :rolleyes: . This calculation is something that affects everyone's numbers and as you can see, the way it should be done varies depending on who you ask.

Completion percentage is calculated by taking the games you have, calculating the values of those trophies, i.e. the points for bronze, silver, gold and platinum, and seeing how many of those possible points for your games that you have. It could be done by just adding the number of trophies and ignoring the exact specific type of those trophies but that would be a cruder, less accurate way to do it. It's done in the more accurate way so naturally nobody complains.

Hidden games will of course throw both off but personal completion percentage far less so since it affects only the person hiding the game(s) as opposed to trophy rarity since again, that affects everyone's statistics.

Edit: I think Nuttro93 was suggesting the gold trophy idea because not every game has a plat and there's probably more games without a platinum that at least have gold trophies than don't.

Edited by BooneJusticius