Pick your favorite (Box Art Edition)

TheIncinerator1

Hopefully was thorough in checking to see if this thread already exists, couldn't find one. If there is though, I apologize.

One thing I dig about games is that the box art for the regions are usually different, sometimes a little odd compared to the others, other times really nice and fitting.

1171156-uncharted2japanese.jpg  

1127914-unchartedslim.jpg

JP & US

Take these two for instance, while Nate's face on the JP one looks extremely smug and kind of weird, I kind of like it more for the Indiana Jones look that the games go for

Name of the game is post pics of the game of your choice's different regions box art while the person below chooses which one they like above out of the choices and so on. Explaining why you like it is optional.

Update: An easy way to find some alternate cover art from your selected game is to check the game you like through Gamefaqs and clicking the image below game detail. There will usually be international box art available, not the case with every game however.

Edited by Inc
  • Like 3

I'd have to go with the European (bottom one) art.  I like the symbolism in the picture.  Japanese is a close second though, but the American art is just terrible.

51DE99R8SWL.jpg                  10327.jpg

(Japanese/European box art)                                                                         (American box art)

I think the winner's clear here...

• Like 2

I like the JP/Euro box art on Resi 4 for the more horror movie cover look. The NA version is alright though, kind of represents that the game is about being more action-y than the previous entries. Still give it to the movie poster look though.

How about Dark Souls?

Dark-Souls-PS3-Box-Art-JP-685x794.jpg

na-cover-art.png

164428_front.jpg

Top to bottom: JP, NA, Europe (Limited Edition)

61fpAhkQzEL._SL500_300_.jpgdr2ps3fob-1280px.jpg

The inFamous and the Heavy Rain covers look awesome. :D So here are the Dead Rising 2 covers.

The Japanese cover is on top and the American cover is on the bottom. To me, the Japanese cover wins. :)

EDIT: TOTALLY FORGOT TO DO Incinerator's. :P I like the North American version better than both of the other two's. The EU Limited Edition was a close second. :) Edited by TheLastSurvivorD
  • Like 1

12-04-10-14-10_0_silent_hill_downpour_pstumblr_m0poxvwZI11qegjq5o1_500.jpg
 (American version)                                                    (Japanese version)

And as always, I prefer the Japanese version over most versions. But I like all the different versions of the art covers for 'Silent Hill: Downpour'

EDIT: Thanks for the reminder, @Yuzuki Yukari :P
As for TheLastSurvivorD's selected art covers, imma actually go and choose the American version as my preferred cover. 

Edited by jack21_98

From the Silent Hill Covers the japanese one is the best in my opinion.

What about Star Ocean?

DSC02909-1.jpg

StarOcean-LastHopeCoverEurope-1.jpg

StarOcean-LastHopeCoverJapanese-1.jpg

Isn't the purpose of the thread to choose your favourite of the above poster's?   :huh:

I initially thought the game was about posting your own favs. I think the first post was edited probably a few days after it was created.

Edited by Aexuz

Well it started out rating the above one then people started posting their favourites, was just wondering if I got the idea wrong. xD

For Star Ocean, Japanese (like that the characters are at the side) > European (like the shadows) > American for me.

Next up... Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland (only subtle changes in the European/Japanese I know, but what about the American?)

Rage+Quitter+-++Atelier+Rorona+Box+Art.j   atelier_roronoa.jpg   Atelier-Rorona_2010_06-17-10_22.jpg_500.

European                                                          Japanese                                                           American

Isn't the purpose of the thread to choose your favourite of the above poster's?   :huh:

I initially thought the game was about posting your own favs. I think the first post was edited probably a few days after it was created.

My bad about that guys, probably should've highlighted the point of the game so people didn't get confused. We're back on point though, so it's cool

OT: It's a tie between the EU and JP MGS4, but I'll probably go with the grayscaled JP one, I like it a bit more. The NA one isn't bad, just sort of bland. I dig the artwork covers more

How about Twin Snakes for another MGS one:

1078969427-00.jpg

Twin%20Snakes%20cover.jpg

Top to bottom: US & EU

Edited by Incinerator

My bad about that guys, probably should've highlighted the point of the game so people didn't get confused. We're back on point though, so it's cool

OT: It's a tie between the EU and JP MGS4, but I'll probably go with the grayscaled JP one, I like it a bit more. The NA one isn't bad, just sort of bland. I dig the artwork covers more

How about Twin Snakes for another MGS one:

1078969427-00.jpg

Twin%20Snakes%20cover.jpg

Top to bottom: US & EU

I'll go with the EU version even though I would have liked another color for the background.

Kingdom hearts

Japanese

Car%C3%A1tula_KH1_Jap%C3%B3n.jpg

EE.UU

Kingdom_Hearts_Box_Art.jpg