What Are You Listening To?

parker-94

3 hours ago, Lord_doritus said:

The rise of this band has been insane to see. This is probably my personal favourite from them.

Euclid is my favourite from this album but every song has something different to bring on this album. My favourites will probably be always Jaws, Nazareth and Bloodsport.

I can't wait to see them on May 25th. The aura around this band is kinda crazy, and i something feel obsessed lol

In honor of the awesome Hololive concert at Dreamhack Melbourne 2024 last night, here are two of the songs that were performed (although these are the original versions and not the versions we got at the concert with different members performing them. In the case of last night, Kureiji Ollie/Pavolia Reine/Houshou Marine performed Blue Clapper and Tokoyami Towa/Reine performed High Tide)

Edited by The Arizona Ranger
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Spageos said:

Ooooh yes, an absolute classic album. The Moor from that album is like a top 3 Opeth song for me, I am really fortunate my Dad was an Opeth fan lol.

Sounds like a pretty cool dad! I once introduced a relative to them myself, and he became a super fan almost immediately, haha. Growing up, though, most of my family just thought death metal was scary, noisy, weird, and so forth.

Still Life is one of their finest works, undoubtedly; Åkerfeldt's songwriting is bonkers on there. For me, their best album is quite close between Blackwater Park and Deliverance, but I think the latter is probably my favorite. The title track is sublime (that outro!), and "Master's Apprentices" might be my favorite song of all-time to this day. The lyrical content throughout is fascinating, and with multifarious elements, it never becomes boring on repeat listening. That CD got so much playtime back in the day, I'm surprised it didn't shatter.

Modern Opeth still has some bangers, such as "Heart in Hand," but I do yearn for their old prog death stuff. In an attempt to fill the void, I discovered the band Wilderun via "The Tyranny of Imagination," and they've scratched the itch fairly well. I'd certainly recommend giving them a listen, if you haven't already.

• Like 2