How hard was the plat?

zafira1290

Will the botzone get me all mp trophies

Not all MP trophies, there are 2 that you have to get while playing online with other players but it's easy since you're going for the 100 games played on MP/botzone.

Other than those 2 trophies, there's Spangled which is almost impossible to get in botzone even in online MP games unless you're gonna boost it with someone.

The game is great and not hard at all.. the 10,000 kills is quite grindy but overall not hard like 4/10 or maybe even 3/10 but I am a FPS fanatic so that may change from me to the next person.

• 2 weeks later...

How hard is it for the online trophies?

The 100 multiplayer rounds especially

considering that you can leave the game completely afk with one thumbstick pointed to the other and leave the vita running for 100 matches, I think it's 0/10 difficulty.

considering that you can get stunned and someone kill the attacker before it interrogates you and you recover from it, Spangled is 0/10 difficulty.

considering that you play Warzone and kill someone interrogating another (happens frequently from behind), getting Take Your Filthy Hands Off is a 2/10 difficulty.

considering that you can easily counter a brutal melee attack if you are the host and the attacker has a shit high ping, getting the counter trophy is a 1/10 difficulty.

considering that you can easily kill 10 bots in the botzone or boost 10 streak kill in legit matches, I say that the 10 killstreak trophy is a 2/10 difficulty. If you legit play it, get a 3 killstreak, activate mantis, kill 6 people and drop a mine and wait for your 10th kill, I would say 4/10.

Anything I forgot to say?

• Like 1

Sorry, i didnt get how you complete 100 matches online by going afk. Do you simply leave the vita?

And, i find it hard to get a boosting partner 

You rubberband one stick to the other, so your character spins round and round as long as you leave it be.

Did you try using Gaming Sessions at all? Because at this very moment there are 3 sessions going on (with lots of people on them):

https://psnprofiles.com/gaming-sessions/54362-Killzone-Mercenary

https://psnprofiles.com/gaming-sessions/53074-Killzone-Mercenary

https://psnprofiles.com/gaming-sessions/54495-Killzone-Mercenary

And if none of those suits you, create one yourself with the best time and date that fits you.

You get kicked from a game if you stand perfectly still for about 2 minutes, so the rubber band works, or jump every so often. Not killing anyone is perfectly fine.

If you want the 100 online games "fast", after each match, quit it and join a fresh one, the new one is probably under way. At most it'll take 10 minutes each, but jumping into a game that's already going will shave of a lot.

• Like 1

Only trouble I had was the contract missions because I suck, also Spangled is virtually impossible without boosting, but apart from that it's easy, even the campaign on hard wasn't difficult.

Lie. I got it within 10 round of legit playing. The second warzone match I played, I was stunned twice and survived one. Considering how tactically important is to interrogate enemies, I had a M2 (M4?) tranquilizer pistol as my secondary during my matches, so I could get easy interrogations. Needless to say, before I started going afk for the 100 matches, my win/lose ratio was 1,6.

Thanks man, if i join MP and leave my character there wouldn't i be booted out after a while?

I mean, without killing anyone.  How long do you estimate for the 100 games trohpy?

It would be, IF you was leaving it completely afk, but that is why the rubberbanding comes in.

Since there are 100 games and (excluding FFA) each game takes 10 minutes, 1000 minutes max or 16h40m.

Be mindful that not killing anyone during your last MP matches will increase the number of times you need to run mission grinding for kills, but still, your efforts are worth more grinding than playing the MP if you consider the kpm only.

Edited by TheYuriG

Lie. I got it within 10 round of legit playing. The second warzone match I played, I was stunned twice and survived one. Considering how tactically important is to interrogate enemies, I had a M2 (M4?) tranquilizer pistol as my secondary during my matches, so I could get easy interrogations. Needless to say, before I started going afk for the 100 matches, my win/lose ratio was 1,6.

I guess I was just extremely unlucky. I tried to get spangled for a month before I eventually had to boost as nobody I played against would even use a tranquiliser.

Edit: I only attempted to get several months after the game came out, which meant a lot of players had already probably got Spangled and few people used tranquilisers.

Edited by ThE_mAnIaC_417

I tried the warzone loads of time, tranquilizing people as I could, but no one ever tranquilized me back. Even during the interrogation rounds most people just kill each other instead of tranquilizing. And the few times I did got hit with a tranquilizer they interrogated or killed me, so that was of no help either. Even people whom I knew to be carrying a tranquilizer didn't tranquilize me back after I did it to them. I ended up boosting the spangled trophy because I couldn't get it without help.

So in my opinion the spangled trophy is very hard to get without boosting. And even with boosting it wasn't that easy. Took a while to get into the same match, and than we had some trouble finding each other as the rest kept killing everyone.

• Like 1

I tried the warzone loads of time, tranquilizing people as I could, but no one ever tranquilized me back. Even during the interrogation rounds most people just kill each other instead of tranquilizing. And the few times I did got hit with a tranquilizer they interrogated or killed me, so that was of no help either. Even people whom I knew to be carrying a tranquilizer didn't tranquilize me back after I did it to them. I ended up boosting the spangled trophy because I couldn't get it without help.

So in my opinion the spangled trophy is very hard to get without boosting. And even with boosting it wasn't that easy. Took a while to get into the same match, and than we had some trouble finding each other as the rest kept killing everyone.

Yes, it took about 45 minutes of trying for me to boost as it was hard to get somewhere secluded enough.

Im having trouble with the veteran difficulty. Contract 2 and im always a goner.

Enemies on both sides. Tried using combo of SMG,Shotgun and Porcupine still no luck :(

I used the grenade launcher for life while standing next to the ammo crate shop, if my health dropped too low, I opened the shop to recover health and force a checkpoint. If you suck aiming with the grenade launcher, try the VC9 instead.

Let me try that, problem with the VC9 it onl got 3 shots

That's why I sticked to the grenade launcher, it had 6 (+6 with the right armor) and it's as much one shot as the VC9, just way harder to aim and completely unreliable at long range.

For some reason I'm having a spot of trouble with the contract missions.  It isn't that they are hard, but that they are slightly annoying.  I'll need to re-download this game since I wasn't up for it at the time.

Probably a 4/10 or 5/10 difficulty wise though.

My vita was cursed when I started this game, reason being that it took me almost 6 months to plat it cuz of mp and connections being really unstable.

The platinum is definitely not hard. As the people above are saying, it's quite a grind for 10,000 kills, and you'll most definitely get all other trophies on your way to this one.

5/10 in terms of difficulty with stable mp, 8/10 otherwise.

Dunno if someone put it before, but I HIGHLY suggest you read about mp and connections stuff with the vita (especially the first ed.). The problem I had seemed to be somewhat rare, but it can be a major turnoff from the game.

This game was worth my time to platinum, its a great game. 

Overall it is not too hard. A couple of the contract missions are challenging, but they are do-able. The worst trophy for me was the one that requires you to be tranquilized and then recover in multi-player. The likelihood of getting it during normal gameplay is zero. Getting 10,000 kills wasn't so bad, but the grind to complete 100 multi-player games was tedious. It takes about 17-20 hours of playing on multiplayer. 

The likelihood isnt zero, I got it legit

• 1 month later...

It really comes down to your skill in first person shooters. The only trophies that might be a problem are the multiplayer trophies. I had no problem getting them, but that's because I have way too much time clocked in Call of Duty and Battlefield. The 10,000 kills was a pain in the ass. It was just boring. Playing the same missions over and over again just got tedious. I did listen to a lot of music during that grind though. That was enjoyable! I'd go for it if I were you. Before the multiplayer dies out completely. 

I did all online trophies legit. Managed to get a 15 kill streak after a little practice. Here's my advice. Choose the silence machine gun. Secondary weapon a rocket launcher with lock on (forgot the name). Loadout supply armour and mantis engine as special weapon.

Go into warzone (or even team deathmatch) and make a few kills with your silence machine gun. You can see their red arrows on the minimap whenever enemies shoot, but whenever you shoot they can't see you. So if you kill somebody you won't have the entire other team chasing you because they saw you shoot on the minimap. After a few kills you'll unlock the mantis engine. Search for a quiet location with only two entrances and seal both entrances with proximity mines. Put them right behind a door so the oponent can't see them without entering the door and thus activating them. Make sure you're around a corner so you don't suicide if an enemy runs into your mine. Now activate your mantis engine and you should be able to get 5 kills easily. If before this happens the enemy activates a vulture, find a relative safe open area and take down the vulture ASAP with your rocket launcher. Just lock on and shoot, it will be a one-shot. If after this you haven't got 10 kills yet simply play careful and get the last kills with your main weapon.

Good luck to others who haven't done it yet.

Edited by Leejjon