trophy hunter's BEWARE!

skidmarkgn

While it's a pretty good "game" it is also a buggy mess!! Especially if you're trying to get the plat. DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE PATCH IF YOU INTEND ON GOING FOR THE PLATINUM IN THIS GAME!!!!

After beating the final level there's a glitch that will cause your secrets found to be reset to zero and there's no way to get them again unless you start over completely from scratch with the patch uninstalled. This was one of many many glitches I encountered while playing through this game, I had to restart a level far too many times because I would fall into an abyss below the ground or an invisible spider would kill me or... you get the point. again THIS GAME IS AN ABSOLUTE MESS!! Too bad, it really grabbed me before it started breaking every time I touched it.

That sounds really frustrating, but i had to play the game with the patch too and i didn't seem to have any problems, except the obvious annoyance that the "Better than Developers" trophy is an absolute pain in the butt with the patched in skeletons!! I wonder why it was so glitchy and awful for you :(

That sounds really frustrating, but i had to play the game with the patch too and i didn't seem to have any problems, except the obvious annoyance that the "Better than Developers" trophy is an absolute pain in the butt with the patched in skeletons!! I wonder why it was so glitchy and awful for you :(

I looked in the "tips" section (after the fact of course) and treasure hunter has this glitch documented. I usually like to just play a game without a walkthrough/trophy guide the first time through to just enjoy it, if I like it enough then I'll plat hunt. I thought it would be better to have a thread about this glitch because it's a very common problem and having it buried in the tips section isn't gonna help people like me. Honestly, you got really lucky that your secrets didn't reset, apparently playing the final level is all it takes to trigger it.

I didn't have any problems with the patch either. I also did Better then developers with the patch. It ran smooth for me all the way through. I don't know about the treasure reseting to 0 because I got them all in my first play through.

Sorry to hear you have had so manny problems.

I didn't have any problems with the patch either. I also did Better then developers with the patch. It ran smooth for me all the way through. I don't know about the treasure reseting to 0 because I got them all in my first play through.

Sorry to hear you have had so manny problems.

Funny thing is, I was one treasure short when I finished the game. If I had only tried to find it before moving on there'd be no problem. Oh well, water under the bridge... time to move on to #2.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I also had no issues getting this platinum with the patch. No glitches at all.

However, the game is much easier to platinum without the patch. The patch adds enemies to the final level, which does make Better Than Developers more difficult.

• 4 weeks later...

I thought the treasures reseting was just part of the game. It didn't seem like a glitch to me. There are plenty of other games out there that make you do a second play-though if you miss stuff before you beat the game. Yea, I wouldn't call that a glitch. However, I did come across one invisible spider though. It didn't kill me so I just ran past it. Otherwise, I didn't have any other issues. Fun game though.

I thought the treasures reseting was just part of the game. It didn't seem like a glitch to me. There are plenty of other games out there that make you do a second play-though if you miss stuff before you beat the game. Yea, I wouldn't call that a glitch. However, I did come across one invisible spider though. It didn't kill me so I just ran past it. Otherwise, I didn't have any other issues. Fun game though.

I think you're misunderstanding what I said. The treasure's you collect reset to zero after you start the final level, which is fine. BUT on any new playthroughs the chests that you already found stay open and empty meaning you can never get the treasure again unless you wipe your data and start from scratch, you can still get the ones you missed but you can't re-get the ones you already have. If you collected 19/20 the first time through then the best you can get is 1/20 the next time through and the other 19 are erased from existance... the totals don't combine, meaning you're screwed. I've been on a few other forums where the people that worked on the game reside and they themselves acknowledged that it was a glitch and they were working on a solution which, as far as I know, never happened.

I think you're misunderstanding what I said. The treasure's you collect reset to zero after you start the final level, which is fine. BUT on any new playthroughs the chests that you already found stay open and empty meaning you can never get the treasure again unless you wipe your data and start from scratch, you can still get the ones you missed but you can't re-get the ones you already have. If you collected 19/20 the first time through then the best you can get is 1/20 the next time through and the other 19 are erased from existance... the totals don't combine, meaning you're screwed. I've been on a few other forums where the people that worked on the game reside and they themselves acknowledged that it was a glitch and they were working on a solution which, as far as I know, never happened.

Oh. Indeed, I did misunderstand. Ok, if that is the case, it did not happen to me.

• 2 weeks later...

ok... so Trine 2 became free with PS+ so i grabbed it... but before i play it i wanted to play Trine 1 first... So how exactly do you play without the patch? I wanted to ask this question before i actually purchase the game because I think getting to the end of a game and have everything reset on me would awaken the beast...

ok... so Trine 2 became free with PS+ so i grabbed it... but before i play it i wanted to play Trine 1 first... So how exactly do you play without the patch? I wanted to ask this question before i actually purchase the game because I think getting to the end of a game and have everything reset on me would awaken the beast...

When you play the game for the first time it will find the patch and ask you if you want to install it. Press :circle: to cancel and it should let you play without installing the patch. Make sure you don't have the Automatic Update settings for plus set to install patches, or the patch will be downloaded and installed for you at your designated time.

When you play the game for the first time it will find the patch and ask you if you want to install it. Press :circle: to cancel and it should let you play without installing the patch. Make sure you don't have the Automatic Update settings for plus set to install patches, or the patch will be downloaded and installed for you at your designated time.

ahhh... thanks for the tip, because i have the auto update set, lol