I thought this was free...

Crespelio-X12

The game is great. I know I didn't even need to try the PS+ version. Been having a lot of fun with it. It looks amazing and the sense of speed is pretty authentic. I crash often because I am distracted with how good the game looks. I have never played a racing game like it before. Handling is great also. Only complaints right now are sometimes the AI is a little too aggressive, the servers were totally broke at launch but it is getting better and that you can't tune your cars. Even if you like a certain car in the tier you will always be behind in a face-off time trial if they choose the faster one. I could be wrong but that's how it seems at the moment.

• Like 1

The PlayStation Plus Edition has been delayed due to the massive strain the games servers are currently under. Once the servers get upgraded the PS+ edition should be available, hopefully within the next few days. 

Parker

The server strain is lies, Sony just want to make some extra money from people who really want the game at launch.

• Like 3

The server strain is lies, Sony just want to make some extra money from people who really want the game at launch.

Source? 

I know several people who bought the full version (physical) and they are having a ton of server issues as well. Doesn't make sense to tarnish your games reputation in order to get more sales.

Parker

• Like 3

Who needs sources when you want to complain? There were enough who were not happy before launch so any reason is a good one to add onto it.

Seems pretty fair that they will delay launch on a freeby to make sure those who paid get full access as soon as possible.

• Like 1

Either way you look at there's bullshit surrounding the 'delay' of the PS plus edition, it was supposed to come out the same day as the full game, obviously that wasn't the case, if it was due to "server overload" how would they have known that if they never even made the plus edition available. That'd make sense if they made it available and then removed it to allow the servers to stabilise for a few days. They never made the plus version available, so they either intentionally delayed it, or knew their servers weren't good enough to begin with so why did they lead everyone to think it was going to be made available on release day with the full version? Either way you look at it someone fucked up somewhere.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, i'm a realist.

Well in some cases your right but server problems don't sell games, a good marketing campaign, mouth to mouth and good reviews do. So this wasn't suppose to happen. Especially with this game it was supposed to launch with the ps4 at launch to get everyone exited for paying for playstation network (which obviously didn't work out that way). 

Probably intentional, i know it sounds ridiculous but these big companies would do anything for a bit of extra money.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, i'm a realist.

I suppose I don't understand how tarnishing a games reputation, one that people were already upset about for being delayed a year, is going to lead to increased sales. We're talking about gamers here, people who will boycott a game or company for not producing a 1080p, 60fps game.

We were supposed to get the PS+ edition for free. Many a person who was interested in the game has been trying to download that version to no avail, generally that person will then take to the internet to see why the hell they can't download the game they were promised. Most people are going to be upset that even after a year the launch is a disaster, I highly doubt most people are going to say "okay, they still fucked the launch of the game up so lets go ahead and spend $60!" Did some people do that? Sure, but I'd be willing to bet that more people were off put by the launch issues than people who impatiently purchased the game outright. 

Bad press doesn't lead to more sales in the video game industry. 

Parker

It would be a lot worse when this was actually a launch title last year...

And sad to read some people don't know the difference between the free ps+ version and the upgrade. Just the word upgrade should say enough...

I bought the disc special edition but not becouse of the server problems.