What do you guys think of the trophies?

Looks easy enough ^_^

Might have some trouble with S rank and bonus for evey stage - also this is the first time I hear of this game - is a RPG/dungeon crawler? o.O

It's a tactical RPG, yeah.

A friend of mine imported the game being a massive Aquaplus fan - I hear it's a very time-consuming platinum, but it's Aquaplus, so I'm all up for it.  :)  I'll be importing it though.

• Like 2

It looks like a very straightforward list of trophies to me.

I'd never heard about this game until about a week ago when I was randomly perusing a couple of "upcoming releases" lists and saw it there.  It's not a Day One buy for me in light of my backlog, but it's probably something I'll eventually get to if I remember.

It looks like at least 46 of the 57 trophies are guaranteed just buy completing the story on any difficulty. I like games that give most of its trophies away for completing story missions.

That was to be expected, because Tears to Tiara Gaiden: Avalon no Nazo had 31 of 51 story related trophies. Glad, there is no trophy for finishing the game in 90 turns. Getting all items + upgrading them could be a pain either..

Edited by Neku-tan
  • Like 3

That was to be expected, because Tears to Tiara Gaiden: Avalon no Nazo had 31 of 51 story related trophies. Glad, there is no trophy for finishing the game in 90 turns. Getting all items + upgrading them could be a pain either..

I just find it very strange that they completely skipped Avalon no Nazo... I only have Avalon no Nazo in my backlog, so I have yet to play it (and thus know if the two games have any relation), but considering this localised Tears to Tiara is a sequel, wouldn't players who aren't aware that this is a franchise be totally lost?

Kinda like how Arno Surge is a sequel to Cielno Surge... I wonder how the story was done there too.

• Like 1

Considering the average completion for the Japanese version of the game is 40% I would imagine this game is relatively easy trophy wise.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2221-%E3%83%86%E3%82%A3%E3%82%A2%E3%83%BC%E3%82%BA%E3%83%BB%E3%83%88%E3%82%A5%E3%83%BB%E3%83%86%E3%82%A3%E3%82%A2%E3%83%A9%E2%85%A1-%E8%A6%87%E7%8E%8B%E3%81%AE%E6%9C%AB%E8%A3%94

I just find it very strange that they completely skipped Avalon no Nazo... I only have Avalon no Nazo in my backlog, so I have yet to play it (and thus know if the two games have any relation), but considering this localised Tears to Tiara is a sequel, wouldn't players who aren't aware that this is a franchise be totally lost?

I don't know how Tears to Tiara II is related to the previous game, but I doubt there is any connection. Hmm, I think the biggest problem is get used to the battle system, because it's rather unique (ring of the elements may be really unpredictable). Due to that the battles even on normal difficulty are very tedious.

• Like 1

Considering the average completion for the Japanese version of the game is 40% I would imagine this game is relatively easy trophy wise.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2221-%E3%83%86%E3%82%A3%E3%82%A2%E3%83%BC%E3%82%BA%E3%83%BB%E3%83%88%E3%82%A5%E3%83%BB%E3%83%86%E3%82%A3%E3%82%A2%E3%83%A9%E2%85%A1-%E8%A6%87%E7%8E%8B%E3%81%AE%E6%9C%AB%E8%A3%94

Average completion is just the average amount of trophies on the list  that are done. The actual average completion of the entire game can be seen looking at the platinum percentage which is roughly 9%.

Edit: I'm guessing you already knew that since I read it wrong, but that 40% is probably from just completing the game, platinuming it is the true goal though :P

Edited by SilverWolf1268

Average completion is just the average amount of trophies on the list that are done. The actual average completion of the entire game can be seen looking at the platinum percentage which is roughly 9%.

Edit: I'm guessing you already knew that since I read it wrong, but that 40% is probably from just completing the game, platinuming it is the true goal though :P

Yes, I do know all of this but a 40% completion rate is indicative of easy trophies. The title of the forum was "What do you think of the trophy list" not just the plat. The 9% plat speaks for itself. It won't be hard as more as it might be time consuming probably. I appreciate you wanting to explain it though. I can see where my post might be confusing. Thank you!

Sean Strange, it's better to be positive than to just spew negativity for negativity's sake. We all have our own taste in games.

Edited by Bucknerd
  • Like 2

I don't know how Tears to Tiara II is related to the previous game, but I doubt there is any connection. Hmm, I think the biggest problem is get used to the battle system, because it's rather unique (ring of the elements may be really unpredictable). Due to that the battles even on normal difficulty are very tedious.

Hope its not too hard on easy difficulty. I prefer playing games on easy to enjoy the story or characters, so i hope its not one of those games that is still annoying even on the lowest difficulty.

• 1 month later...