'Passive' vs 'Active' Boosting Sessions?

It would be neat to have a specific setting for such gaming sessions, but what you're asking for already happens quite a bit.

Just scrolling through the gaming sessions, you see a lot of gaming sessions already specify that they have no specific date or time. There are even ongoing ones for people to just join and friend each other, just like what you're looking for. You can also feel free to make a session for the game you want, and specify that it's ongoing for no specific date or time in the comment section.

Being in the same situtation, and never knowing when I'm able to get online, I think this is a great idea. I never use gaming sessions for the exact reasons Dr posted above, so would very likely use them if possible, and soo much better than a boosting thread, as you don't have to scroll down to see who has decided to leave said thread etc.

• Like 1

I think this is a great idea. But I think the passiev sessions would need some sort of expiry, so as to not clog up the screen with ones that people have abandoned. Maybe there can be a tab at the top of gaming sessions. One for passive, one for active. All passives could expire after 1 month of being posted. If need be, another could be added to replace the expired one if further boosting is needed.

• Like 2

I believe something like this was already suggested. (I think in a way that time would be missing from the session... something like infinite session...)

But maybe it wasn't accepted because it would strain the server with DB?

Anyways, as other said, there aren't many sessions that strictly enforce the time.

I think the session is more for having people join and then talk individually about boosting.

At least that's how my session work and I encountered no problems.

Very interesting topic. I've had the same thoughts myself, as most of my friends have young ones and they're always having to leave the games quickly.

damon8r351 said it best; just put a disclaimer in the boosting session description. :)

Edited by effdeegee