How do you feel about duplicate entries?

Dreakon13

Duplicate Entries  

48 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about duplicate entries on your PSN Profile?

• Won't do it, no matter what.
    • Don't mind it at all, even if I never finish either of them.
    • I'll only do it if I intend to complete/platinum both of them.

Im confused as to why a person who claims to not care about trophies is on a trophy tracking website in the first place. This place is all about getting trophies and sharing the experience. And to answer the original question, if sound shapes had a seventh list it would be on my profile.

Im confused as to why a person who claims to not care about trophies is on a trophy tracking website in the first place. This place is all about getting trophies and sharing the experience.

I did care before when I actually got the 8 platinums that I do have... not a ton anymore though.  I believe there are others who are here for the community aspects too... try not to think about it too much.

Edited by Dreakon13

I did care before when I actually got the 8 platinums that I do have... not a ton anymore though.  I believe there are others who are here for the community aspects too... try not to think about it too much.

Hence the part where i said "and sharing the experience".

Try not to think about it? You started this thread. Did you want responses or not?

Try not to think about it? You started this thread. Did you want responses or not?

If you think I started the thread for people to question why I'm here when I don't really care about trophies anymore, you're a bit off target.

Edited by Dreakon13

You should give a chance to GTA 5 on PS4, the game worth it, when you're into it and you watch every cutscene and you're listening to everything they say made the game fun and enjoyable,the game is awesome and it's probably a 10/10 for 95% of everyone who played the game and completed the story, if you don't care about trophy, at least, complete the story it really worth it, and since you got it on PS4 the experience will be more enjoyable, i can't wait to play it again on PS4, i don't have it because i don't want to buy a $70 game that i already played. but i'll buy it in a sale for sure for $40- for sure

I LOVE double listing things. Say I had Walking Dead on PS3, I'd play it, love it, maybe play it once or twice more and be done... OR, I could then get it on Vita, and do it all again, but with another bunch of trophies for a game I loved. Then I could do it again on PS4, like I did. Another list is another excuse to play a game you enjoy. And I got so lucky with Sound Shapes, I actually just bought that on sale out of morbid curiosity and had no idea I'd get a triple plat, it was a good discovery that when I synced my save to my Vita I got like half the trophies.

HOWEVER, double lists and double plats also are a different thing to me. Sly Cooper 4 right, I played that on my Vita, plat'd it in a week or so, loved it, then sent my save over to the PS3 and 9 minutes later (for some reason) they all popped again and I was 50 trophies richer. That I would in no way consider a dick move or cheap or anything because it's included, but I would really just consider you platinuming the game once. HOWEVER, Sly Cooper 1-3 on my Vita, are completely independent of the PS3 versions I had plat'd before hand, and thus, needed to be beaten again from the ground up, those I would count as 2 completely platinum'd games.

Thirdly, I was in the exact same spot as you, well more or less, with GTA V. I gave no shits about GTA Online, I had all the SP trophies by the end of last year, but couldn't bring myself to get the online ones. In the end, for a few days I taped the L2 button down on my remote and played an AFK race designed around you driving through that horse track thing in reverse, it took around 4 minutes and dumped me with 3k RP. Then I got all the online trophies, sync'd them over to GTA PS4, got all the online's there, now I'm just waiting for the GOD DAMNED SINGLE PLAYER TROPHIES TO WORK WHICH STILL WON'T WORK A MONTH AFTER RELEASE.

The reason that's in caps, is to highlight that if you want an ordered list, or a proper percentage on the game, GTA V PS4 may yet fuck you over, friend.

There are a number of ways you could look at it I suppose, but when it comes down to it only you know how you feel when it comes to having double entries on your list.

I, personally, don't mind having double entries especially if it's concerning a game I've loved playing (for example Child of Light - I may do the PS3 version)

You use the phrase OCD - I'm not going to lecture you about it as I don't know you or your background, but coming from someone who has OCD only you know what your triggers are and how much it would bother you.

As a happy medium, you could always complete the PS3 version on your current profile and then have an alternate profile for the PS4 version and messing around on

I would normally say not to even play duplicates such as definitive editions but with GTA its another story as you are getting a load of new stuff. As for it making your game log looking bad i dont think it will as it is a different picture from the ps3 version. its nowhere near as bad as having 6 sound shapes lists... shame on those people. 

• 9 years later...

Sometimes when you buy a game it includes both versions, so its ok, theres nothing wrong, also, autopop its not wrong if you already paid for a product and gives you access to a ps4/ps5 version, these things totaly changed how rankings work, but its an ecosystem that its in constant change.