How do you feel about duplicate entries?

Dreakon13

Duplicate Entries  

48 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about duplicate entries on your PSN Profile?

• Won't do it, no matter what.
    • Don't mind it at all, even if I never finish either of them.
    • I'll only do it if I intend to complete/platinum both of them.

I'm in a bit of a conundrum with my PSN Profile.  I have GTA V (the original PS3 one) on this profile... currently incomplete.  Now I have a PS4 with the fancy new remastered GTA V at my disposal.  While I don't necessarily care about trophies... my goal to have a nice, neat profile is in jeopardy by having multiple entries of the same game... both of which would likely end up incomplete at the end of the day.

Do I...

a. Play the fancy better PS4 one, knowing that I'll have two GTA V's on my account (both of which will likely never be platted).

b. Do as my OCD compels me to, and finish playing the PS3 one and call it a day (maybe sell my copy of the PS4 one, or just keep it to goof around on when people are over).

c. Finish the PS3 one (as much as I can, which means trying for all of the single player stuff and ignoring GTA Online), then start the PS4 one.  And not concern myself with trophies or completions.

So I figure I'll do this little poll, and let the community pull me one way or the other. xD

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

I've only ever had a duplicate list for the walking dead (I did it again on PS3 since I wanted to transfer into the ps3 season 2), and GTA V. 

I was in the same boat as you for GTA V, I didn't want 2 of the same games on my list, but eventually I just picked up GTA V because I wanted too. I was planning on 100%ing the ps3 version before starting on the ps4 version, but I realised that there will eventually be DLC, and I'd eventually have to re-100% the ps3 version, so my new plan is:

1. 100% PS4 GTAV

2. Get DLC for PS4, re-100%.

3. Wait for PS3 DLC to go on sale until extremely cheap.

4. 100% PS3 version with DLC.

You don't care about trophies, so I'd recommend just playing the PS4 version now.

I have a few duplicates on my profile, but as I only own a PS3 and a Vita I get a slightly different experience with each duplicate. One I play on a console and the other I play on a handheld. My vote would be for option C. Finish and do as much as you can on the PS3 version and if you enjoy it enough to play it again then do so with the PS4 version.

I don't understand why completing them both would be such a huge factor. Then again, I don't suffer from trophy hunter OCD either...

I wouldn't say that I "suffer" from trophy hunting OCD either, I do however have a bit of a fascination with my account being structured a certain way.  Fortunately I'm less anal about things when other people are involved (otherwise it'd be a chore to associate with me in any way xD).  I don't mind having incompletes (too many games I want to enjoy, and not enough time/patience to finish them)... I just think having the games completed on both platforms in the case of GTA V is the thing that would allow me to look past dirtying up my profile with duplicates.  However, I don't see completing both of them happening... especially considering I don't care for GTA Online.

But at the same time, I already have the lesser version of GTA V on my profile... and a better version of it waiting in the rafters.  Obviously, better version is better... but my account structure.  Hence the conundrum. :)

Edited by Dreakon13

Personally, I only buy the same game on a different system if I want an excuse to get the plat/100% again.

In your case, it doesn't seem like you really care about completion, since you have 36 games, but only 8 plats and 36% completion. Unless you plan on going back to the 28 games you haven't platted to raise your completion, I wouldn't worry about it and just play the PS4 version. It's supposed to have more content if you played the original, and I'm sure it'd be more fun to just experience that then force yourself to grind in a lesser version of the same game.

Just hold on to the PS3 version. That way, if you ever do want to raise your completion and have a 100% profile, or if you ever want to plat the game again, then you can go back to the PS3 version.

In your case, it doesn't seem like you really care about completion

That's true, to an extent.  I have a lot of incompletes, but it's really just a lack of time and patience at the moment that's stopping me.  I would like to go back to a lot of these games and at least get the platinum on them... the ones I really like anyways (LBP1, Uncharted 3, Ni no Kuni, Beyond Two Souls, etc... Borderlands and God of War III are currently 0% so I don't even know how much I like/don't like them yet lol)... but trophy hunting quickly became too tedious to really care about it that much anymore.

It's a bit of a double whammy.  Having silly duplicates on my otherwise neat, organized gaming profile is the big one.  The fact they would both undoubtedly be incomplete in the end is a ball buster too though. xD

Edited by Dreakon13

Deeeeeeeeeefinitely play the PS4 version.  I don't have it, but I heard the new things they've implemented makes it the definitive GTA V experience, like the updated new-gen graphics, first-person mode, loads of new songs added to the radio stations, etc.  You have the ultimate version at your disposal, screw the trophies in this situation man.

Personally, I don't like having duplicates on my trophy list, bar one - the European and Japanese version of Time and Eternity/Tokitowa.  It wasn't intentional by any means as I'm not a fan of stacking, but I really loved that game and found the Japanese limited edition on sale for like €25 so I jumped on it, and happily played it a second time, getting the :platinum: along the way.

That's true, to an extent.  I have a lot of incompletes, but it's really just a lack of time and patience at the moment that's stopping me.  I would like to go back to a lot of these games and at least get the platinum on them... the ones I really like anyways (LBP1, Uncharted 3, Ni no Kuni, Beyond Two Souls, etc... Borderlands and God of War III are currently 0% so I don't even know how much I like/don't like them yet lol)... but trophy hunting quickly became too tedious to really care about it that much anymore.

It's a bit of a double whammy.  Having silly duplicates on my otherwise neat, organized gaming profile is the big one.  The fact they would both undoubtedly be incomplete in the end is a ball buster too though.  xD

I hate to break it to you, but your profile isn't "neat" because of all of the wildly varying percentages and low number of completed games, and it's not really possible for a profile to be organized the way you want when people can sort profiles however they want. Also, if you don't care about trophy hunting, find it to be tedious, and don't plan on doing it with either version of the game, what's even the problem? Just play the game and have fun. It's just a waste otherwise. Since you've already got the game. No one is going to care that you got both versions of GTA V on your profile. Lots of people have both incompleted.

Edited by Rawrgna

I hate to break it to you, but your profile isn't "neat" because of all of the wildly varying percentages and low number of completed games, and it's not really possible for a profile to be organized the way you want when people can sort profiles however they want. Also, if you don't care about trophy hunting, find it to be tedious, and don't plan on doing it with either version of the game, what's even the problem? Just play the game and have fun. It's just a waste otherwise. Since you've already got the game. No one is going to care that you got both versions of GTA V on your profile. Lots of people have both incompleted.

Perhaps it's the data analyst in me, but my definition of "neat" has nothing to do with completion percentages.  So I hate to break it to you, but you aren't breaking anything to me.

And my concerns have nothing to do with what people think of my profile.  My OCD is purely for my own sake. xD  Hence curiosity on how other people operate with their profiles, moreso than seeking direct advice about mine.

Edited by Dreakon13

Perhaps it's the data analyst in me, but my definition of "neat" has nothing to do with completion percentages.  So I hate to break it to you, but you aren't breaking anything to me.

And my concerns have nothing to do with what people think of my profile.  My OCD is purely for my own sake. xD  Hence curiosity on how other people operate with their profiles, moreso than seeking direct advice about mine.

I'm not sure what you think neat means, but here's the definitions.

1. (of a place or thing) arranged in an orderly, tidy way:
    "the books had been stacked up in neat piles"
  2. done with or demonstrating skill or efficiency:
    "Howard's neat, precise tackling"
  3. (of liquid, especially liquor) not diluted or mixed with anything else:
    "he drank neat Scotch"
None of which describe your profile.

Also, if you're arguing with me about just going ahead and playing the game, without much real logic or reason, that means you've made your decision and aren't going to play the PS4 version.
Edited by Rawrgna

I'm not sure what you think neat means, but here's the definitions.

1. (of a place or thing) arranged in an orderly, tidy way:
    "the books had been stacked up in neat piles"
  2. done with or demonstrating skill or efficiency:
    "Howard's neat, precise tackling"
  3. (of liquid, especially liquor) not diluted or mixed with anything else:
    "he drank neat Scotch"
None of which describe your profile.

I would say my profile is efficient, tidy.  No duplicates, no convolusion.  I physically (or digitally) own all of the games in my profile still, so the exchange of information for anyone who looks to the profile (myself included) for such information is clear and concise.  These are all things that would nag at my OCD, at least a little bit.

An example of inefficiency, I find it frustrating (no offense intended of course) that your forum name is different than your PSN account name.  It adds complexity that doesn't really need to be there.  It's your prerogative to do this, which is obviously perfectly fine... just as it's my prerogative to rather that feature not be available.

Edited by Dreakon13

If you buy the game for fun, that's exactly what it is for and you shouldn't worry about the trophy list if that's the case.

I agree.  The PS4 was a gift, and was bundled with GTA V.  And I already had GTA V on the PS3.  So I'm still deciding if I own this new version for fun. ;)

Edited by Dreakon13

I don't get why suddenly everyone has somekind of OCD. I know you like to arrange your profile the way you want it to be (everyone has their own preferences). But please don't call it an OCD, that's just pathetic. 

Anyway, i'd just play both of them. If you only want one GTA V game on your profile, you can always hide the trophies in one of the versions later on. Or if it's really bugging you that much you can always play one version of GTA V on another account. And play on that account when you want to goof around with friends for example.

Edited by xZoneHunter
  • Like 2

I don't get why suddenly everyone has somekind of OCD. I know you like to arrange your profile the way you want it to be (everyone has their own preferences). But please don't call it an OCD, that's just pathetic. 

I'm sorry, what would you prefer I call it?

Edited by Dreakon13

Mountain, meet molehill.

I'll be doubling up on a number of games, mostly to see the difference between the PS3 and PS4 versions e.g. Tomb Raider, GTA  V, The Last of Us, CoD Ghosts & Advanced Warfare and eventually, Borderlands and Mass Effect.

Ultimately, who gives a shit? You like it? Play it. You like it a lot? Twice is nice. Many of us have wanted to pop trophies all over again in games we've really enjoyed. Here's our opportunity to do so.

• Like 1